Preview of the 3rd ODI : Revived India and a Lankan stronghold

Seriously, I can't believe they didn't pick Dhawan after Veeru's injury was confirmed. Now India will be playing the entire series with a makeshift opener. They will effectively start every single innings 1 wicket down because the makeshift opener will struggle to make a score. What a terrible situation to be in.

this should be the batting order for today's game Gambhir Pathan Raina Yuvraj Badrinath Sharma Dhoni Harbhajan Zaheer Ojha Munaf
Good Team - My batting order will be Gambhir Kohli Badrinath Raina Yuvraj Sharma Dhoni Bhajji Zaheer Ojha Munaf I don't need Pathan in my team in his current form. I hope I am proved wrong

Ok ... maybe Sharma should be dropped for a couple of games now Hey, as a few of you know , I am quite a fan of Sharma, ... I think he is the best young batsman to have come out of India since Sehwag ... however he is struggling for runs atm , and is perhaps taking his spot a little for granted. I would drop him for the next game (assuming Gambhir and Sehwag ) come back. I would still select him in the squad for the Champions Trophy.

sehwag?? bahiya news nahi dekhi kya? sehwag must have reached INdia also by now. he is not playing this whole serious. just write - assuming gambhir come back. well i was excited to see Kohli bat well today for first half of the innings. he played his shotss against mendis and other bowlers, didn't play on backfoot. just played that bad shot where he got out caught.

definitely, he should have been dropped long back. The best young batting talents are Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Manoj Tiwari and Badrinath (maybe not in age but he's still a good fielder). Sharma is just over-rated.
I never said he was over-rated ... in fact I rate him as a better batsman than all of those you mentioned. Sharma has all the shots, very good technique, excellent timing and a wonderful eye. He is just suffering from a lack of concentration atm. But even now I would pick him over Raina (who also has done very little to warrant continual selection). But I just feel he may be taking his spot for granted atm. Maybe he needs to be dropped one or two games just to send a message.

Fine. So can we write down the name of the batsmen who can be called for an ODI? I am excluding all the test players aprt from Sehwag, Gambhir and Dhoni. Sehwag Gambhir Dhawan Raina Rohit Sharma Yuvraj Badrinath Tiwari? Uthappa? Kohli? Karthik? Kaif? Yusuf Pathan? Asnodkar? Rahane? Pujara? Write down your choices guys.

I never said he was over-rated ... in fact I rate him as a better batsman than all of those you mentioned. Sharma has all the shots' date= very good technique, excellent timing and a wonderful eye. He is just suffering from a lack of concentration atm. But even now I would pick him over Raina (who also has done very little to warrant continual selection). But I just feel he may be taking his spot for granted atm. Maybe he needs to be dropped one or two games just to send a message.
I know, thats what I'm saying.
Fine. So can we write down the name of the batsmen who can be called for an ODI? I am excluding all the test players aprt from Sehwag, Gambhir and Dhoni. Sehwag Gambhir Dhawan Raina Rohit Sharma Yuvraj Badrinath Tiwari? Uthappa? Kohli? Karthik? Kaif? Yusuf Pathan? Asnodkar? Rahane? Pujara? Write down your choices guys.
Well Sehwag and Gambhir need not be in this cuz they are certainties. Oh man, i have no idea what to with Yuvraj, he's so talented but he aint scoring runs atm. But he needs to be in there cuz he's a senior player. Also: Badrinath Dhawan Raina Yusuf Pathan - he can provide the big hits and his off spin is useful. Kaif is an outsider for me and I like Kohli but not now. Tiwari is also good.
Well Sehwag and Gambhir need not be in this cuz they are certainties. Oh man, i have no idea what to with Yuvraj, he's so talented but he aint scoring runs atm. But he needs to be in there cuz he's a senior player. Also: Badrinath Dhawan Raina Yusuf Pathan - he can provide the big hits and his off spin is useful. Kaif is an outsider for me and I like Kohli but not now. Tiwari is also good.
Sorry Mr Dravid. You have to give the list of at least 10 batsmen from whom 6 can be chosen. I hope it is clear to you. And yes, you have to include certainties in that too. Then only we can all find out what resources do we have and where are we lacking.
Sorry Mr Dravid. You have to give the list of at least 10 batsmen from whom 6 can be chosen. I hope it is clear to you. And yes, you have to include certainties in that too. Then only we can all find out what resources do we have and where are we lacking.
Oh I'm sorry. Sehwag Gambhir Yuvraj Badrinath Dhawan Raina Yusuf Pathan Kohli Kaif Uthappa