Preview of the 3rd ODI : Revived India and a Lankan stronghold

Side for the 3rd ODI Mine would be ... Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Dhoni Badrinath Sharma / Raina I. Pathan (dont make him open ... please) Y. Pathan / Ojha Harbhajan Praveen Zaheer I would pick Sharma over Raina because I think Sharma has more shots in his arsenal (particularly backfoot), but both have been struggling for runs. Id pick Yusuf Pathan or Ojha over Munaf because I just feel we need an extra spinner or so, with Sehwag out.

sharma needs to be dropped big time His perfromance in this series, asia cup, and kitley cup were terrible. I am sure he casn come back strong. He is a goo dplayer but is not over rated. Hes not confident at the minute.
Yep ... Agree with the above post ... its a lack of confidence atm.

My problem with Sharma is that inspite of being given a very good run in the side, he has failed to show why Dhoni puts so much trust in him. He's played 25 matches but only has an average of 25.78 Lets look at Gautam Gambhir after 25 games. Those 25 games were played over 4 years, so he was never in the team permanently but he still managed to average 33.56 which is way more than Sharma's who's played his 25 games in 14 months.

My problem with Sharma is that inspite of being given a very good run in the side, he has failed to show why Dhoni puts so much trust in him. He's played 25 matches but only has an average of 25.78 Lets look at Gautam Gambhir after 25 games. Those 25 games were played over 4 years, so he was never in the team permanently but he still managed to average 33.56 which is way more than Sharma's who's played his 25 games in 14 months.
Yes but in Gambhirs first 25 games have a look at the opposition he scored most of his runs against and compare it to Sharma's. Also look at the situations that Sharma has scored runs in. Like I said, you dont need stats to tell you who are the good players and who aren't ... you watch them play and look at the type of innings they play Statistically Hemang Badani is a better ODI player than Sehwag, Sanath, McCullum.

he came to quickly in my opinion to the team. Dhoni would rather pick twenty20 star than ranji star which is weird. Rohit should have went to ranji as his stats arent great, even kohlis is better, as rohit was busy in indian cricket since twent20, while virat was in ranji. If rohit takes a break he can come back stronger and do well, he just needs a break and time to get back on to his feet and show his worth to the indian batsmen:two_thumbs_up: As for raina.................................. god knows why he is picked

he came to quickly in my opinion to the team. Dhoni would rather pick twenty20 star than ranji star which is weird. Rohit should have went to ranji as his stats arent great, even kohlis is better, as rohit was busy in indian cricket since twent20, while virat was in ranji. If rohit takes a break he can come back stronger and do well, he just needs a break and time to get back on to his feet and show his worth to the indian batsmen:two_thumbs_up: As for raina.................................. god knows why he is picked
I agree with that ... But he is certainly not over-rated or a joke. Mark my words ... from what I have seen, he can play every shot in the book, and he will be the next great batsman in Indian cricket.
again ... I dont understand why people are only calling for Sharma's head ... and not Raina ... what has Raina done recently that Rohit hasnt besides 2 tons against BD and Hong Kong?
Raina did well in the Asia cup. Rohit on the other hand has been a flop since the tour of AUS. shame because i was starting to become a fan of Rohit.
Raina did well in the Asia cup. Rohit on the other hand has been a flop since the tour of AUS. shame because i was starting to become a fan of Rohit.
Yeh Raina hit a couple of tons against Bangladesh and Hong Kong , and a couple of fifties against Pakistan. Rohit has actually been a flop since the IPL. But in any case, since thats not really cricket ... I agree he hasnt done well since then ... but that doesnt mean he is a joke or that he is over-rated.
On second thoughts ... Id bat Dhoni at 4 ' date=' I feel he can control the innings a lot better at no.4 and we wont be too much in trouble when he comes in[/quote'] Dont quite agree with that. Badrinath should be promoted up the order. He seems to a batsmen that plays according to the situation so does Dhoni but might as well send Badri up to reward him.