Indian youngsters adapted faster to mendis than Fab Four

Keeping gambhir and sehwag out of this... I think Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Rohit handled mendis much better than VVS, Sourav, Dravid and Sachin. It made me think that, if a batsmen like Raina, Dhoni and Rohit could pick mendis today without any difficulty and even attacking him - his figures read 10-0-56-3 (all three wickets falling to attacking shots - no foxing or ownage anymore)... then maybe these guys would have made a difference in the test series. who knows we might have won 2-0 or 2-1. The problem is age. The youngsters are not scared to use their feet against mendis! nor are they afraid to attack him once in a while. They picked mendis in their 4th odi innings, which the seniors weren't able to do in their 6th test innings!!! We would have much better off with raina for ganguly...if not rohit for vvs... what say?

With no bat-pad fielders, no spinning pitch, singles available everywhere, and Mendis bowling only 6 overs in his first spell, it's a far-fetched conclusion that you have drawn. But, the Indian team seems to have looked a lot of videos, and once you are picking Mendis and there isn't spin in the pitch, the carrom ball is not effective at all. It's like Kumble's faster ones which a lot of cricketers have learnt to play very very comfortably.

Keeping gambhir and sehwag out of this... I think Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Rohit handled mendis much better than VVS, Sourav, Dravid and Sachin.
:omg: dude have u been following this series..pls do that before making this kinda statement..i mean including yuvi in the list :omg::giggle:

Good point from Bharat. There's a massive difference between Tests and ODIs. The pressure on a bowler in an ODI is much more, as he has lesser time to deliver. And, the batsman generally play with more freedom, since they know they have to bat only 50 overs. Still, its not as though this team has hit Mendis out of the park every game. He's managed to pick 2-3 wickets in EVERY game. And of course, who can forget the Asia cup mauling.

There was good amount of turn in the wicket.. I think Mendis had a off day.. Otherwise indians have managed to finally pick him..

With no bat-pad fielders, no spinning pitch, singles available everywhere, and Mendis bowling only 6 overs in his first spell, it's a far-fetched conclusion that you have drawn. But, the Indian team seems to have looked a lot of videos, and once you are picking Mendis and there isn't spin in the pitch, the carrom ball is not effective at all. It's like Kumble's faster ones which a lot of cricketers have learnt to play very very comfortably.