Gary Kirsten

umpire

Guest Hiten.
not well-infact i have great doubts about him.like today they sent badri and rohit after yuvi which might have cost us 20-30 runs.I will reserve my judgement till the aus series-that is his ultimate test and which we will judge him by.
Yuvraj HAD to be sent when Mendis was not operating. It is almost sure that Yuvraj is going through a HORRIBLE patch and his place should always be questioned once Sehwag is back in the ODI team. Once Yuvraj got out, Dhoni made the right decision of sending Raina due to his ability of picking singles and hitting a odd boundary or so. Dhoni and Raina's partnership put badrinath one position down as India was looking for quick runs.

I doubt if anyone can really tell. If it were true that he were doing a fantastic job, it sure does not reflect on our Test side (I realize that he was away for a couple of tests). So, is it Dhoni or is it Kirsten? But, some of you have a great point - that he maintains a low profile. That in itself is a wonderful trait for a coach.

well v really don know if he is doing a great job or not..its not like we are winning all the matches infact this is the first series victory under Gary..v drew the test series against SA, lost 2 ODI tournaments, lost the test series against SL so nothing spectacular to talk abt..since he is maintaining a low profile that augurs well for our team..

For me the only element of surprise in our ODI team for the last 3-4 series has been asking Kohli to open batting which more or less paid of. Who suggested that is largely unknown. I personally am not sure about Kirsten. Even though I love the fact that he stays away from media, I am yet to see a batsman going through a lean phase make a turn around ever since he took over. Uttapa, kartick have lost their spot, Yusuf pathan couldn’t do much, Sharma is going through a lean phase and not showing any sign of improvement, Yuvraj with every passing inning is looking worst than the previous one. Only bowlers have been able to hold their own but for bowling Gary also has Prasad.

For me the only element of surprise in our ODI team for the last 3-4 series has been asking Kohli to open batting which more or less paid of. Who suggested that is largely unknown. I personally am not sure about Kirsten. Even though I love the fact that he stays away from media, I am yet to see a batsman going through a lean phase make a turn around ever since he took over. Uttapa, kartick have lost their spot, Yusuf pathan couldn’t do much, Sharma is going through a lean phase and not showing any sign of improvement, Yuvraj with every passing inning is looking worst than the previous one. Only bowlers have been able to hold their own but for bowling Gary also has Prasad.
some excellent points there. We can only tell when these struggling players improve.