What matters to you more Tests or Limted Overs

What is more important to you for India to win in? Tests or Limited overs cricket? To me by a mile tests are much more important and are a true test of India and its players. Success in tests is about 10 times more important to me and I never truly rate a player unless he succeds in tests. A player can succed in tests and flop in odis and still be classed as a legend, the same does not apply the other way round IMO. I have a feeling that things have changed and many fans especially the younger ones value odis and 20/20 as more important and frankly dont care about tests and pereformances there. In fact I feel many of the new generation of players also see it this way as well. For me tests will always be the real deal and will be the format that gives me the most pride, dissapointment, entartainment and awe! Its history and test of a cricketers ability will always make it tops for me.

Everyone knows what/who/why this thread is directed to.
WTF again. You are a mind reader? If people dont like the thread, then:finger:and dont post in it. Put it in the ignore list and post on another thread! If no one gives a dammn then this thread will die a death any way! The what/who/why and the response made me think that it is worth discussing what people find more important these days. If you dont want to discuss that then I repeat:finger:

I don't really care - all wins are important. I find test cricket to be more entertaining and far more skilful in nature, but i'd watch India play whether it's a test, an ODI, a Twenty20, or a 5 over tape-ball game against a team of 14 year olds. When it comes to valuing one victory over another, i prefer to look at the quality of the opposition rather than the formats.

I don't really care - all wins are important. I find test cricket to be more entertaining and far more skilful in nature' date=' but i'd watch India play whether it's a test, an ODI, a Twenty20, or a 5 over tape-ball game against a team of 14 year olds. When it comes to valuing one victory over another, i prefer to look at the quality of the opposition rather than the formats.[/quote'] So you would value a 20/20 win in Sydney against the aussies the same as a test victory against the aussies in Sydney?

Whatever the format is, at the end it's result that matters the most. If you ask me, then it's Test Cricket...Not that i am saying India has lost to SL, but i am huge fan of Test. Sadly, Pakistan has no Test in this year. At least you are getting to watch though . Again - Whatever the format is, at the end result does count. Congratz to India for winning ODI series in SL after a long time !

Whatever the format is, at the end it's result that matters the most. If you ask me, then it's Test Cricket...Not that i am saying India has lost to SL, but i am huge fan of Test. Sadly, Pakistan has no Test in this year. At least you are getting to watch though . Again - Whatever the format is, at the end result does count. Congratz to India for winning ODI series in SL after a long time !
wtf.. u changed gears already :hysterical: what happen to this? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=476106&postcount=6

for me its ODIs and t20. sport is there to enterain people, and ODIs are more entertaining than a 5 day test. and oh, bevan flopped in tests. but is still considered a legend of the game. and to be honest, these topics about test vs ODI are getting old indeed

and to be honest, these topics about test vs ODI are getting old indeed
Not really we have a new kid on the block in 20/20 and now IPL which adds a whole new dimension. I am sure IPL is making more people more interested and focused on 20/20 results and odi results. In a few years the question maybe asked who do you want to win more your IPL team or India? And I have a feeling many may say there IPL team.