Pak dressing room culture is not ideal: Afridi

Feed

Shahid Afridi says the dressing room culture in the Pak team is far from being perfect. More... Pak dressing room culture is not ideal: Afridi Agencies Posted online: Tuesday , September 02, 2008 at 1827 hrs IST Karachi, September 2:: Flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi raised a voice of dissent against captain Shoaib Malik and said the dressing room culture in the current Pakistani squad is far from perfect. Afridi denied senior players forming groups against Malik in the side but said there was a number of problems in the dressing room. “I don’t want to say much because I am a centrally contracted player with the board but I think there is a need to have a culture in the team where more respect is shown to the few senior players in the side,” Afridi said. “I think they are only two or three match-winners in the side and there is a need for the captain to give them encouragement and respect and consult them in team decisions on and off the field, because they are the ones who can win you matches,” Afridi told Geo channel. Citing his own example, Afridi said he is consulted whenever he is in form but is conveniently forgotten at other times. “This should not happen. Even if a player is not performing, he must be backed and involved in everything,” Afridi said. Asserting that he has nothing against Malik and his only concern was the team’s well being, Afridi said the skipper should take the seniors into confidence. “He has done this in the past and he can do it again,” he said. Afridi has not been among the runs of late but the hard-hitting all-rounder exuded confidence that he would regain his form soon. “The thing is that I am also not getting a chance to bat at the position I want I go to bat. At six or seven, when few overs are left, I just have to push for runs. But hopefully I can play one good innings and get the confidence back and not let down my fans again,” he said.

“. But hopefully I can play one good innings and get the confidence back and not let down my fans again,†he said.
abbe gadhe 1. u are worried about letting down ur fans when u r letting down ur team/country/urself? :giggle: 2. wait a minute, do you have still any fans left?! :hysterical:
“I think they are only two or three match-winners in the side and there is a need for the captain to give them encouragement and respect and consult them in team decisions on and off the field, because they are the ones who can win you matches,†Afridi told Geo channel. .
.. and you arent one of them hence the threatment

Recently watched interview of Younis Khan. According to him, Malik has always taken senior advice simply based on selecting, team plans, fielders position to set and plan for team. Younis statement based on him is quite different from Afridi what i see. I can say one thing for sure that Afridi has lost it. There is no need to mention this in public. This is making worse already now. P.S He should be last person to talk about "Deserving respect".

Someone should teach Afridi to keep his mouth shut. If he thinks something is wrong and can be improved, he should talk to the team management and his captain. Not to the media. From what I have observed, Afridi has been running for captaincy. He has been playing games, making statements and many times behaves like a captain on the field. Malik is an idiot alright, his body language is bad and his leadership qualities are as good as absent. BUt Afridi takes advantage of that and starts arranging field, talking to the bowler and deciding strategies- all that can be seen on camera. He has been busy impressing the public and making sure that he has public backing for captaincy. He has learned one this in his career. You dont need to play well in team Pakistan, all you need is a big fan following.

“The thing is that I am also not getting a chance to bat at the position I want I go to bat. At six or seven, when few overs are left, I just have to push for runs. But hopefully I can play one good innings and get the confidence back and not let down my fans again,” he said.
Yes,normally he wants to push the ball around and take singles,but here he doesnt have time to get his eye in...:hysterical:
I always criticize Afridi' date=' but Afridi will make kick Bhaji *** for sure. :nervous:[/quote'] which is why afridi is a boxer... oh wait... most gymnasts are in a state of fitness that few other athletes outside of ultradistance runners can even approach, yet we rarely talk about gymnasts kicking each other's behind... there is a certain civility to this game. it is called the gentleman's game for its polite exchange, which at times degrades to the most ignominious level of a few sharp words... of course, your uneducated, inbred, misogynistic, nutjob cricketers know little about the conduct that is expected of them, but i see that such vulgar ejaculations are not limited to the cricket team alone... guess it must be something in the water. all that mountain goat urine in the indus...
which is why afridi is a boxer... oh wait... most gymnasts are in a state of fitness that few other athletes outside of ultradistance runners can even approach, yet we rarely talk about gymnasts kicking each other's behind... there is a certain civility to this game. it is called the gentleman's game for its polite exchange, which at times degrades to the most ignominious level of a few sharp words... of course, your uneducated, inbred, misogynistic, nutjob cricketers know little about the conduct that is expected of them, but i see that such vulgar ejaculations are not limited to the cricket team alone... guess it must be something in the water. all that mountain goat urine in the indus...
You just described the character of Harbajjan Singh, but not Afridi. :--D