India v Australia test tickets

DavidUK

Hi fellas, Any news yet on tickets for the Mohali and Delhi tests against the Aussies? Or do I just turn up at the ground on the day and pay cash?
first of all welcome to the forum. on topic, don't just turn up on the first day..that would be terrible experience. this isn't any cinema theatre mate. try to get hold of tickets as early as possible... though i have no dea when they would start selling the tickets. but it would be better if you contact DDCA(Delhi's ferozshah Kotla stadium officials). This is the no. - +911123319323
first of all welcome to the forum. on topic, don't just turn up on the first day..that would be terrible experience. this isn't any cinema theatre mate. try to get hold of tickets as early as possible... though i have no dea when they would start selling the tickets. but it would be better if you contact DDCA(Delhi's ferozshah Kotla stadium officials). This is the no. - +911123319323
Thanks. I emailed both the Punjab and Delhi Cricket Associations some while ago, and whilst the DDCA acknowledged my email I have heard nothing since!! This does really seem to be an odd way of going about things!! Why is there so much secrecy regarding ticket sales? Please elaborate why turning up on first day would be so bad? Are the crowds expected to be very large for these tests? I thought interest in watching test cricket live in India was dwindling somewhat.
Please elaborate why turning up on first day would be so bad? Are the crowds expected to be very large for these tests? I thought interest in watching test cricket live in India was dwindling somewhat.
This being a high profile series, there's a good chance there maybe a decent turn out on the first day. So, you would want to avoid the crowds and the hassles of standing in lines and queues. Also, there is also a chance that black market ticketeers may fleece you into paying exorbitant amounts for tickets, seeing that you're a foreigner. When you have an option of buying it before hand, trust me, its better to take it. Can potentially save a LOT of trouble.
Thanks. I emailed both the Punjab and Delhi Cricket Associations some while ago, and whilst the DDCA acknowledged my email I have heard nothing since!! This does really seem to be an odd way of going about things!! Why is there so much secrecy regarding ticket sales? Please elaborate why turning up on first day would be so bad? Are the crowds expected to be very large for these tests? I thought interest in watching test cricket live in India was dwindling somewhat.
well the reason why i told you that it won't be good to turn up just first day because there might be huge line of people thinking of doing the same what you are panning and Delhi and Mohali are two venues where you can expect to see large amount of people turning up to watch the game. it's not like Ahmedabad, where you might see empty stands.
Buy them from the banks' date=' David. They stock tickets 1 week before the match begins.[/quote'] As I shall be in India a few days before the 2nd test this seems like a good idea. Do you know which banks will sell them? It is usually the same bank or do all banks stock tickets? Cheers