Your 11 for the Bangalore Test

1st Test Venue = Bangalore HOMEGROUND OF JUMBO AND THE WALL Herez my team of 11 for the Bangalore test SEHWAG GAMBHIR LAXMAN TENDULKAR DRAVID GANGULY DHONI HARBHAJAN KUMBLE ZAHEER ISHANT
Bro - thats my exact team. 2 seamers though, gets me worried. Would you play Ganguly as a bowler too? You need to bowl Australia out, and if you're thinking the same as me, then Harbhajan and Kumble are the key. But the 2 seamers has me worried, in Australia they had Pathan who played teh role of a 3rd seamer. Watching the Board-11 vs Aus last night, I noticed how much Johnson, Lee, and Siddle struggled. hmmmmm I'm really worried about the fact there is only 2 seamers.
Bro - thats my exact team. 2 seamers though, gets me worried. Would you play Ganguly as a bowler too? You need to bowl Australia out, and if you're thinking the same as me, then Harbhajan and Kumble are the key. But the 2 seamers has me worried, in Australia they had Pathan who played teh role of a 3rd seamer. Watching the Board-11 vs Aus last night, I noticed how much Johnson, Lee, and Siddle struggled. hmmmmm I'm really worried about the fact there is only 2 seamers.
i know even i wanted to play 3 seamers, but then i don't think INdia should exclude one spinner to fit in another seamr or exclude one batsman to include another seamer i want to see how the aussies handle the nuclear spin duo attack of Kumble-Bhajji in Bangalore and that would answer us all if we should go for three seamers in 2nd test or not
1st Test Venue = Bangalore HOMEGROUND OF JUMBO AND THE WALL Herez my team of 11 for the Bangalore test SEHWAG GAMBHIR LAXMAN TENDULKAR DRAVID GANGULY DHONI HARBHAJAN KUMBLE ZAHEER ISHANT
This is the DEFAULT 11 for sure. This is what will get picked unless SRT sits out with elbow or something, or one of the pacer gets injured etc.
I dont think Kumble will think any differently from this. The lack of a good all rounder is the only thing lacking here. Unfortunately Irfan has lost it all.

Looking at the wat the match againt BP XI is progressing, I think, its going to be spin thats going to win the series for us. So why waste picking 2 seamers. If common sense prevail, we can go with just one fast bowler (zaheer), use ganguly as a 2nd seamer to get the ball older, and then switch to all out spin attack from over number 11, with kumble, mishra and bajji? this formula has been successful for india over the years and why dont we use it once again?

It would be folly to choose the same damn 11 that failed against Sri Lanka. Time and time again it was clear that India were MISSING that third pace bowler when after 14 overs that ball still new and doing a bit we were forced to bowl our spinners. Ridiculous. SEHWAG GAMBHIR DRAVID SRT LAXMAN DHONI BHAJJI KUMBLE MUNAF PATEL ZAHEER ISHANT Including Ganguly is pathetic. The guy can't bowl, can't field and now can't bat, and Kirsten himself said Munaf looked in very good form in the recent NCA practices. WE NEED that fifth bowler since Kumble is going through a very lean patch and isn't going to threaten the top order batsmen.

if they pick this team, it might not be the best team to go against the aussies. I would make dada the 12th man and make him run some drinks to the field and get badrinath in. The real toss up would be between bhajji and munaf though. Munaf is bowling very well at the monet and so is bhajji, but I have heard reports that the bangalore pitch supports quickies, so what will jumbo do?