India can rout Australia 4-0: Harbhajan Singh

amit467

Indian off spinner Harbhajan Singh has said that he is looking forward to scalping Aussie captain Ricky Ponting as the four-Test series starts in Bangalore this week. After inaugurating a community prayer hall here last evening, Singh said he hoped India would be able to demolish Australia four-nil. "I sought blessings from goddess that we beat Australia 4-0. I am sure with all your support and wishes, we will beat Australia. I`ll get Ponting`s wicket also by goddess` blessings," he said. Harbhajan, who took 32 wickets in the 2-1 victory over Australia in 2001, needs nine more scalps to reach 300 in Tests. He sought to downplay the controversy surrounding the five senior players ahead of the start of the Test series. "I am sure they`ll come up strong and score plenty of runs. They`ll win games for India. They have done it many times. I am sure they will do it again," Harbhajan said. Harbhajan added that Australia was a good side though its bowling lacked sting after the retirement of all-time greats like Shane Warne and Glen Mc Grath. "Australia is still a good side. They don`t have quality of Shane Warne Mc Grath or Gilchrist in their side. We are looking forward to play some good cricket and tough cricket against them. I am sure if we play to our potential, we can beat any team. We are looking forward for the series to get start," Harbhajan said. Australia won a four-Test series 2-1 four years ago to record their first series victory on Indian soil in 35 years but are rebuilding after several high-profile retirements. The first Test starts in Bangalore on October 9. The remaining Tests are in Mohali, Delhi and Nagpur.

Bit of bravado and a swagger. I like it:two_thumbs_up: Makes a refreshing change from the predictable PC interviews which make me fall asleep. eg the oppo are great, respect them etc etc. Players in all sports churn this boring stuff out 24/7. At least bhaji is giving it a go and saying what he feels. He thinks we can win 4-0 and that he has the wood over the aussies skipper. Good on him!