Message to the Seniors (Fab 5)

umpire

You have brought India so may laurels. Even if you retire today, you will still be Indian Greats. You guys are in last leg of your career. The last leg sometimes becomes drag, as you have no time to go back to domestic cricket and sort out your problems. We know you guys are best in the business. The youngster have been doing well in the ODIs and 20-20. Well they are not as talented as you guys for sure. But they go out there to enjoy their cricket. You guys have stopped enjoying the game. You guys seem to be worried. Yes sooner or later you won't be playing cricket. So message to you guys is to go out and enjoy your last leg. I am positive if you can do that without worrying about the results, the results will take care of itself.

You have brought India so may laurels. Even if you retire today, you will still be Indian Greats. You guys are in last leg of your career. The last leg sometimes becomes drag, as you have no time to go back to domestic cricket and sort out your problems. We know you guys are best in the business. The youngster have been doing well in the ODIs and 20-20. Well they are not as talented as you guys for sure. But they go out there to enjoy their cricket. You guys have stopped enjoying the game. You guys seem to be worried. Yes sooner or later you won't be playing cricket. So message to you guys is to go out and enjoy your last leg. I am positive if you can do that without worrying about the results, the results will take care of itself.
I DONT THINK SO.they enjoy wen they win. u cant enjoy losses.remember the smiles on their faces wen they won in aus. they r never gonna jump around like bhajji or sreesanth. they never did,they never will
It serious thread. These guys seems to have stopped enjoying the cricket itself. Enjoy Batting, fielding etc.
Another one brainwashed by the singular series against Lanka. They were not enjoying playing against Australia, England, Pakistan, WI etc? Stop these idiotic threads.

look at it this way, if they keep playing for a few more years...we'll soon have fab6 with viru in..then fab7 with guys like bhajji or zak in... in no time we'll have fab11 :) so we can name our team the fab india XI
You sound ridiculous mate,:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: havent you heard about the LAW OF AVERAGES, seriously you sound like a 7 year old, may be you are one !!! My message, Play as if its your Last Series

Funny, how you think that the fab-5 are on their last legs. Who replaces them? That's the biggest question. Hence why the seletors chose Ganguly. Really - India at the moment have no batsmen with the capacity, mentally to fill the void. The talent is there, yes. But my issue is this - how would the youngsters cope? Succession plans need to be in place before the fab-5 retire. How would this look? By have India A tours alot more, youngsters going on tour and playing ODI cricket. This is how you bring youngsters in the game, and this is already happening. When I talk about the youngsters I am talking about: Kholi Badrinath Raina Rohit Kaif All of which who have natural talent. But this natural talent is nothing without have coping mechanisms at International level. A player I can think of who had natural talent, but couldn't cope was Vinod Kambli. In fact, I would go as far to say that Kambli had more natural raw talent than any of the 5 younsters I named. Before you disagree with me, look at your cricket history and think about Kambli as a youngster. Kambli was better than most players he played with in his career, bar a few. Another example is Ross Taylor from NZ. Huge natural raw talent, but because of the lack of depth in NZ cricket, in my opinion, was thrust into international cricket to early. Mark Ramprakash from England is another example. What happens when you put these young players in the spotlight, is that if they fail with so much expectations on them, it can damage their confidence, and their willingness to over-perform to prove they have it, can damage them in the long-run. The problem here I believe, lies in Tendulkar's early introduction to test cricket. A lot of people use that as a benchmark for introducing youngsters to the game. The difference is quite explicit though. Tendulkar was something special, and I mean damn special. I remember watching Tendulkar on his first tour to NZ, when he scored that 100. His temperment and technique was far above alot of established and older international players. Don't be so quick to rule out the fab-5 or fab-4. They are their to help build your youngsters.