IMPORTANT: Stop discussing links to cricket games right away

King

Hi folks, The following email was sent today to our account and do not post highlights or links here. As usual we do not have any clue who's doing it but I propose anything of this sort happenning here should stop as of now. Unfortunately we will have to resort to giving out details of the respective posters that are posting links to live video if this does not stop. We have nothing to do with posters posting links here and we do not want to be vilified for some users posting links. I hope you understand that we don't want to get into this crap and request all posters from desisting exchanging links of live video or highlights.

We represent the legal interests of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. It has been brought to our attention that your website www.indiancricketfans.com currently provides facilities for users to access content of a copyrighted nature including rebroadcasts of certain TV channels broadcasting India's cricket matches. As you are surely aware, these acts constitute signal theft and gross copyright violations that are actionable under civil and criminal laws worldwide including, without limitation, international copyright law, the breach of which makes both civil and criminal remedies available to our clients. The serious and repeated copyright infringements of BCCI's media rights that your services currently facilitate have caused significant financial loss to our clients and they are considering the various legal remedies available to protect their rights against continued violations such as these. With this as background, we suggest that you immediately cease and desist from continued violation of copyright laws, disable all BCCI copyrighted content, including highlights and links to live streams available on your website. We are sure you recognise the seriousness of this matter and look forward to your cooperation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail us. For BCCI, Copyright Integrity International

Interesting. I did not know that av feeds are property of BCCI. I thought that once the rights are sold, its the broadcaster's property. So it should ESPN STAR (owners of neo) who should be worried and not BCCI. Time to download vids from youtube and create a bank. Wont be late before they send a mail to Google as well....that is if they havent already sent. What happens to our vid section now?

Interesting. I did not know that av feeds are property of BCCI. I thought that once the rights are sold' date=' its the broadcaster's property. So it should [b']ESPN STAR (owners of neo) who should be worried and not BCCI. Time to download vids from youtube and create a bank. Wont be late before they send a mail to Google as well....that is if they havent already sent. What happens to our vid section now?
NEO Sports is not owned by ESPN Star.
I apologize guys. I was one of the few guys who had asked for a link and also posted a link on the thread rather than privately discussing it. As per the BCCI request (and more importantly' date=' your rules), I will stop discussing this link matter in the threads publicly.[/quote'] Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you are not supposed to be even privately discussing it using the features of this site. Samjha karo.:winky:

The email was sent by one of the companies that fight the infringement on behalf of other internet content providers. I can't see why these guys lose their sleep over 2 minute highlights of some cricket series. It's just an opportunist market really. These guys have few lawyers and the official internet content providers (as in live streaming) of cricket outsource their legal stuff to these guys. These guys go around searching internet for anything concerning the current series videos and send out the email. It's so silly they get worried about 2 minute highlight of the games.

Can't you guys at ICF post a disclaimer stating you are not responsible for all of the comments and links posted by the users, it's not possible to manage everything all the time, you make an effort to remove any links posted and take action against the offenders. Like warez forums, they just say its not our responsibility Its stupid cause there are sites that post a lot worse and no action is taken against them any lawyers on ICF?

Unfortnately some videos had a watermark of ICF so they reckon we are doing it. Anyways it's not like we are into this, worse comes worse we can take the fight back to them and can claim for privacy infringement if it gets to that. It's ridiculous they send email to us because some poster posted something about a stream which we have no control over. This is a public forum, we have a disclaimer and we can't sensor every word or scrutinize every word posted.

No more links period' date=' we will have to ban the user immediately[/quote'] I apologize for sharing the links.
It has been brought to our attention that your website www.indiancricketfans.com currently provides facilities for users to access content of a copyrighted nature including rebroadcasts of certain TV channels broadcasting India's cricket matches. As you are surely aware, these acts constitute signal theft and gross copyright violations that are actionable under civil and criminal laws worldwide including, without limitation, international copyright law, the breach of which makes both civil and criminal remedies available to our clients.
The frontpage of icf is linking to two sites(affiliates) which have latest cricket match highlights.
Unfortnately some videos had a watermark of ICF so they reckon we are doing it. Anyways it's not like we are into this' date=' worse comes worse we can take the fight back to them and can claim for privacy infringement if it gets to that. It's ridiculous they send email to us because some poster posted something about a stream which we have no control over. This is a public forum, we have a disclaimer and we can't sensor every word or scrutinize every word posted.[/quote'] Precisely. Tomorrow if ESPN is charged of some kind of plagiarism, will they sue ICF because someone someday had posted a link to ESPN from his post? Ridiculous. They should be sending mails to those who are streaming the live telecast and not to ICF. Providing a link to a website which may have broken a law is not illegal under any law in the world.