the real deal...

Kriterion

i'm finally conviced that ishant sharma is the real deal. his record in australia was very ordinary averaging just 60 though he made ponting hop around like a rabbit. but his bowling was quite good in the one match against south africa, and his performance against australia and ponting showed he's definitely one for the future. a truly exciting player to watch.

Ishant is once-in-20-years sorta player. Within just one year of his international debut, he has turned in FOUR significant performances against the 3 top sides of the world ( Perth against Aus, the 3rd test against the Saffies earlier in the year, MoM performance against SL in the 2nd test and now this). For the first time in living memory, our pace attack looks more threatning than our spin attack, at home. That is saying something. He will have a big role to play in the upcoming matches. He will have an even bigger role against Eng, later this year.

Pathan was nowhere near the level Ishant is at right now. The team knows how valuable he is, which is why they rested him for the SL ODIs. He is here to stay
not really. pathan was much better.he could swing the ball big at pace,reverse it too. and was much more accurate n consistent.if not handled well. ishant could easily go irfan wasy
not really. pathan was much better.he could swing the ball big at pace' date='reverse it too. and was much more accurate n consistent.if not handled well. ishant could easily go irfan wasy[/quote'] BS. Even at his pompous best, Irfan's test performances against non-minnow sides was average. He had a 2 test, 20 wickets performances against B'desh which really boosted his test stats for a while. But apart from that, he didnt do much more significant things. Irfan has already helped us win more matches and more importantly, he's done it against proper test teams.
BS. Even at his pompous best, Irfan's test performances against non-minnow sides was average. He had a 2 test, 20 wickets performances against B'desh which really boosted his test stats for a while. But apart from that, he didnt do much more significant things. Irfan has already helped us win more matches and more importantly, he's done it against proper test teams.
how conveniently u forgot irfan's role in test series win against pak in pak on docile pitches n buket ful of odis he won singlehandedly for indiahow many odi ishant has won 4 us?.also ishant is shining bcoz he has a good partner. irfan bore the burden alone. if u talk about stats even ishant averages 32
how conveniently u forgot irfan's role in test series win against pak in pak on docile pitches.if u talk about stats even ishant averages 32
EVERY Indian pacer did well in that series, coz there was so much assistance for our swing bowlers. But, Ishant has performed well in predominantly spin friendly tracks so far. But that isnt the point anyway. The fact of the matter is, Irfan's test career has ALWAYS been mediocre, bar his 20 wicket performance against B'desh. Yes, Ishant's average is 32, but you conveniently ignore the fact that its coming down every match.
EVERY Indian pacer did well in that series, coz there was so much assistance for our swing bowlers. But, Ishant has performed well in predominantly spin friendly tracks so far. But that isnt the point anyway. The fact of the matter is, Irfan's test career has ALWAYS been mediocre, bar his 20 wicket performance against B'desh. Yes, Ishant's average is 32, but you conveniently ignore the fact that its coming down every match.
so there was more assistance in pak wickets than in aus. wat a joke!irfan was a pace spearhead then handled the respnsibility beautifully.ishant has zak as his bowling partner. so less pressure on him.
so there was more assistance in pak wickets than in aus. wat a joke!
If you read carefully what I wrote, was specifically with respect to that series. Out of the 5 test series Ishant has played so far, 4 have been in Asia and out of that, 3 have been in home.
irfan was a pace spearhead then handled the respnsibility beautifully.ishant has zak as his bowling partner. so less pressure on him.
BS, Balaji also bowled beautifully in that series. So, what nonsense 'pace spearhead' are you on about? Irfan has played 29 test matches so far. If you really want to talk numbers with me, then find me just a couple of test series, apart from that one-off against Pakistan and the b'desh series, where he has bowled well.

if u know the two bowlers , irfan thrived on swing ishant thrives on pace n bounce.so ishant is more likely to succed in aus .while irfan wud love to bowl in eng.now has ishant bowled in aus?he has. has irfan played in eng ? he hasnt. so cant just talk numbers.ishant is previleged to have coditions that suit him early in his career

if u know the two bowlers ' date=' irfan thrived on swing ishant thrives on pace n bounce.so ishant is more likely to succed in aus .while irfan wud love to bowl in eng.now has ishant bowled in aus?he has. has irfan played in eng ? he hasnt. so cant just talk numbers.ishant is previleged to have coditions that suit him early in his career[/quote'] What conditions that 'Ishant is previleged to have had' are you talking about when I have CLEARLY pointed that out of his first 5 test series, Ishant has played 4 in Asia? Never knew Asian pitches were known to be fast and bouncy.
What conditions that 'Ishant is previleged to have had' are you talking about when I have CLEARLY pointed that out of his first 5 test series, Ishant has played 4 in Asia? Never knew Asian pitches were known to be fast and bouncy.
i never knew pak wickets assisted swing,like u i'm also talking series by series
i never knew pak wickets assisted swing' date='like u i'm also talking series by series[/quote'] Excuse me, Did you see that 2004 Ind - Pak series at all? And to say Irfan relies on swing, but Ishant relies on pace and bounce, which is why he takes more wickets is nonsense, coz you're just proving my point when I say Ishant is a better pace bowler than Irfan, full stop. and I see that you've conveniently ignored my question about Irfan's performances in other tests, barring his solo effort againt B'desh. Am still waiting.
Excuse me, Did you see that 2004 Ind - Pak series at all? And to say Irfan relies on swing, but Ishant relies on pace and bounce, which is why he takes more wickets is nonsense, coz you're just proving my point when I say Ishant is a better pace bowler than Irfan, full stop. and I see that you've conveniently ignored my question about Irfan's performances in other tests, barring his solo effort againt B'desh. Am still waiting.
u r still waiting irfan didnt play enuf tests before he lost his form via greg chappell. his performance in odis was outstanding though
u r still waiting irfan didnt play enuf tests before he lost his form via greg chappell. his performance in odis was outstanding though
So, now we've gone to the reasons why Irfan lost form and his ODI performances, when we're actually debating his test match contributions. Good to see that you totally run out of things to say. End of discussion, thank you.