Bakra Tournament Final:Jayasuriya and Mendis stuff Pakistan

Sachinism

Jayasuriya and Mendis stuff Pakistan Looks like Jayasuriya took liking to the Pakistan pace trio of Shoaib Akthar, Sohail Tanvir and Umar Gul. Shoaib Akthar was reserved for special treatment by Jayasuriya it looks like and chasing 130+ Sri Lanka reached 50+ in just 5 overs. Before Jayasuriya took the Pakistan bowlers to pieces Mendis the usual culprit bamboozled Pakistan by claiming 3 wickets. Customary Arfidi failure was also evident. The Sri Lanka second string team has beaten a full strength Pakistan side. Although Twenty20 I expected Pakistan to win given that all the regular players were available. Oh BTW.... Kamran Akmal is back. Pakistan seems to be just going back and forth with their selections. You cannot say one player is very experienced in the team. A lot of these players like Akthar, Umar Gul, Shoaib Malik, Butt have been around for long but none of them seemed to have played long enough. Pakistan team always seems to be always rebuilding. This win of course doesn't mean much given it's a Twenty20 but Pakistan just doesn't seem to be making any headway. I don't reckon there's one player from Pakistan that can walk into a World XI at the moment. The best they have is Younis Khan but they screw him left right and center so often he hardly cares about Pakistan cricket. I feel Pakistan cricket is heading Zimbabwe way. If something is not done quick enough Paksitan cricket will take a plunge and that won't be good for cricket.

Bakra Tournament Final:Jayasuriya and Mendis stuff Pakistan that over from Akhtar to Jaya was something to watch ... Ball 1 - short and quick Jaya looks to hook is late and gets clattered on the visor. Visibly shaken up Ball 2 - single - Jaya off strike Ball 3 single - jaya back on strike Ball 4 - dot Ball 5 - once again short and quicks ... a little more legside ... Jaya goes for the hook again and voila add 6 Ball 6 - repeat and rinse The man is 39-40 but his spirit burns bright