When should we declare?

i think we must declare such that aussies need to bat 5-10 overs before lunch/tea this way our bowlers basically get a free burst of 10 overs, then can come back fully fresh for the match proper. best possibility would be to bat till an hour before tea, setting a target of around 450-500

We must not make the mistake that Australia made in the first test. We are not scoring slow like them, so we should be able to declare much before they did. They got 4 of our wickets in two sessions. We should have five to get 10 of theirs. Five sessions or say four and half would almost guarantee us 10 wickets.

We must not make the mistake that Australia made in the first test. We are not scoring slow like them' date=' so we should be able to declare much before they did. They got 4 of our wickets in two sessions. We should have five to get 10 of theirs. Five sessions or say four and half would almost guarantee us 10 wickets.[/quote'] Don't worry, apna Dravid hero hai na? Remember his heroics at the Oval- captainsaab scored 12 off 96 deliveries on the back of a mammoth first innings lead of 320 and managed to draw a match that was rightfully ours? If Sehwag or Gambhir goes early, watch out for some more "legacy building".
Don't worry, apna Dravid hero hai na? Remember his heroics at the Oval- captainsaab scored 12 off 96 deliveries on the back of a mammoth first innings lead of 320 and managed to draw a match that was rightfully ours? If Sehwag or Gambhir goes early, watch out for some more "legacy building".
I hope they promote Tendulkar to no3 for once. We really dont need Dravid's snail pace tomorrow.

We should exactly for 50 overs, score how much ever we can and give the Aussies 40 overs to negotiate on day 4. Doesnt matter really, one way or the other, the match is in our bag. And Delhi is a fortress test for us. I want us to win big with a big margin, I mean REAL BIG.. Something like 275 runs. Dont want the Aussies to even come in the vicinity of the total. We should hammer them so hard and with so much force that it breaks their spirit and soul beyond repair. Even if we win this test match, I know that we will still only be 1-0 with 2 tests to do, but our performance should be so ruthless and so comprehensive that when the Aussies board their flight to Delhi, they should know they're in for another whipping.

Bat agressively(4 rpo) for half the day tommorrow, get a lead of close to 550 and declare. Dhoni's a positive captain so I don't fear a late declaration ala Dravid or Kumble. We need AT LEAST 4 sessions to bowl 'em out. This is still a very good pitch and Australia is a team with a lot of pride. We'll have to earn it.