The playing 11 for the Kotla Test

Cricketics

Kumble shouldn't play. I just can't believe that a bowler at his age is fully fit after a few days off when he's had this shoulder problem for months now. No way is he going to be fully fit. He's said the SAME thing before this series and look what happened? He went wicketless and was off for most a the 4th day because of the shoulder complaint. We're 1 up on a historic test series and have a chance at closing the door on Australia. What I think should happen is that we should play our best 11 in Kotla which includes Mishra, then we take a 2-0 lead and THEN include Kumble in the last test match so that we can give him a proper send off into retirement.
wat makes u think this is kumble's last series? wat makes u think playing mishra again is a guarantee of a win?as i said earlier mishra bowled well but his success was partly due to the fact that aussies hadnt seen him now they've seen him n even if plays he wo'nt be the same bowler kumble should play if he is fit other wise mishra.he'll surely perform once he takes the field in kotla
wat makes u think this is kumble's last series? wat makes u think playing mishra again is a guarantee of a win?as i said earlier mishra bowled well but his success was partly due to the fact that aussies hadnt seen him now they've seen him n even if plays he wo'nt be the same bowler kumble should play if he is fit other wise mishra.he'll surely perform once he takes the field in kotla
Well if Mishra is one reason that Kumble shouldnt play, the other is hs passive captaincy, Dhoni is more proactive in his captaincy, his innovative fielding positions, radical changes in the batting order when needed, out of the box thinking will be missed when AK is in the lead, not that he wont have his inputs but it will be far restricted !!!
Well if Mishra is one reason that Kumble shouldnt play' date=' the other is hs passive captaincy, Dhoni is more proactive in his captaincy, his innovative fielding positions, radical changes in the batting order when needed, out of the box thinking will be missed when AK is in the lead, not that he wont have his inputs but it will be far restricted !!![/quote'] so u mean kumble is a defensive captain.then who led us to great wins at perth n galle wen team was at verge of disintegrating.u r basing ur judgement on one bangalore test. dhoni may have led aggresively in this match,but he had a huge score to play with n could attack.
so u mean kumble is a defensive captain.then who led us to great wins at perth n galle wen team was at verge of disintegrating.u r basing ur judgement on one bangalore test. dhoni may have led aggresively in this match,but he had a huge score to play with n could attack.
You tell me that we won at Perth and Galle coz of Kumbles captaincy ??? You need proof about Dhoni's capabilities as a Captain, the ODI team is a perfect specimen
You tell me that we won at Perth and Galle coz of Kumbles captaincy ??? You need proof about Dhoni's capabilities as a Captain, the ODI team is a perfect specimen
the same team which languishes at no.5 in icc odi rankings?what a perfect specimen really!!:cantstop:
the same team which languishes at no.5 in icc odi rankings?what a perfect specimen really!!:cantstop:
O so you need some cricket ratings to tell your brain how good your team is ??? i wonder why you watch cricket in the first place .. Just visit icc.com Here are the stats Last 5 series Won - 3 Finalists - 2
O so you need some cricket ratings to tell your brain how good your team is ??? i wonder why you watch cricket in the first place .. Just visit icc.com
i 'd always like to think as my team as no.1 in the world.but one shud also accept the reality.icc rankings indicate the reality.it hasnt been made by novices who only care about certain countries.it tells us how team india stands in world it.u dont think aussies are best in the world(dont give the example of mohali now).icc rankings certainly tell that
i 'd always like to think as my team as no.1 in the world.but one shud also accept the reality.icc rankings indicate the reality.it hasnt been made by novices who only care about certain countries.it tells us how team india stands in world it.u dont think aussies are best in the world(dont give the example of mohali now).icc rankings certainly tell that
Dude, there is no way that ill buy that, ratings are mere pointers, do they ever take into consideration injuries or imp players missing or retirements, its you who can judge that, You say me this Aussie side is no1, i wont take that crap, defn the one that had McGrath,Gilly,Warne were no 1, have they taken into consideration that their retirment has decreased their invincibility and are now prone to more defeats, but they still are rated well ahead the others Ratings can show what you have achieved over a period of time, not in a Series or time gap spanning less than a year !! Neways ive already posted his record in his last five series !!!
Dude, there is no way that ill buy that, ratings are mere pointers, do they ever take into consideration injuries or imp players missing or retirements, its you who can judge that, You say me this Aussie side is no1, i wont take that crap, defn the one that had McGrath,Gilly,Warne were no 1, have they taken into consideration that their retirment has decreased their invincibility and are now prone to more defeats, but they still are rated well ahead the others Ratings can show what you have achieved over a period of time, not in a Series or time gap spanning less than a year !! Neways ive already posted his record in his last five series !!!
so u mean being finalists of kitply cup n asia cup are great achievements?its also interesting u have considered last 5 series of dhoni's captaincy.why have'nt u considered all 6 since dhoni has taken over the captaincy?bcoz india had lost that series 4-2 to aussies at home?actually dhoni's record is: WIN-3 LOST-3 since mcgrath n warne retirements , aus have won all 3 series they have played.
so u mean being finalists of kitply cup n asia cup are great achievements?its also interesting u have considered last 5 series of dhoni's captaincy.why have'nt u considered all 6 since dhoni has taken over the captaincy?bcoz india had lost that series 4-2 to aussies at home?actually dhoni's record is: WIN-3 LOST-3
Winning against the Aussies against all odds early Jan, winning in the ODI series in Sri Lanka where our Test Team (captained by AK) failed miserably are quite an achivement and about the losses, i personally think they were freaks, out of those 9 matches we lost 3 and 2 happened to be finals, and what about dhoni bailing us out against the Saffies earlier this year
Winning against the Aussies against all odds early Jan, winning in the ODI series in Sri Lanka where our Test Team (captained by AK) failed miserably are quite an achivement and about the losses, i personally think they were freaks, out of those 9 matches we lost 3 and 2 happened to be finals, and what about dhoni bailing us out against the Saffies earlier this year
losses are losses,they meant we failed to raise our game in final against saffies ,it was ganguly who bailed us out,not dhoni in aus we surely played but thats about it.in srl dhoni won 4 important tosses out of 5 and we still managed to lose 2 games ,there were'nt even referrals like tests& in the games we lost we scored 142 and 104.n lost them heavily.
against saffies ,it was ganguly who bailed us out,not dhoni
If your saying that the skipper doesnt have a hand in the win, In kandy it was Sehwags innings and it had nothing to do with AK and even in Perth it was RD,Sach,VVS and the quickies doing the job, so how can u say that it was Kumble who led us to victory ???? According to your post the captain of the team doesnt play any role in the outcome of the game, which shows ur knowledge regarding the sport (and in this case the lack of it)
in aus we surely played
Here it was Dhoni who asked for a young team, when eyebrows were raised regarding his decision, and he led a Young side to a victory in australia, for it to be a first series win in Australia since the world series So this was a massive feather in Dhoni's Cap
in srl dhoni won 4 important tosses out of 5 and we still managed to lose 2 games ,
Forget the tosses man, those are a part of the game, but u agree it was the same Ajantha Mendis who was bowling, and Dhoni's team not only won the series convincingly, but also mastered the art of playing Mendis (barring Yuvi ofcourse) and there was a certain Sachin Tendulkar, whose services wernt available for Mr.Dhoni !!!
If your saying that the skipper doesnt have a hand in the win' date=' In kandy it was Sehwags innings and it had nothing to do with AK and even in Perth it was RD,Sach,VVS and the quickies doing the job, so how can u say that it was Kumble who led us to victory ???? [b']According to your post the captain of the team doesnt play any role in the outcome of the game, which shows ur knowledge regarding the sport (and in this case the lack of it) Here it was Dhoni who asked for a young team, when eyebrows were raised regarding his decision, and he led a Young side to a victory in australia, for it to be a first series win in Australia since the world series So this was a massive feather in Dhoni's Cap Forget the tosses man, those are a part of the game, but u agree it was the same Ajantha Mendis who was bowling, and Dhoni's team not only won the series convincingly, but also mastered the art of playing Mendis (barring Yuvi ofcourse) and there was a certain Sachin Tendulkar, whose services wernt available for Mr.Dhoni !!!
u said dhoni bailed us out of trouble in kanpur.he certainly led us to win in that game and captains do have an imp. part to play, but with the bat, it was ganguly who bailed us out of trouble,not dhoni in aus it wasnt that young a team it had players like sachin,yuvi,sehwag,bhajji.only ganguly n dravid were'nt there. i also dont agree captain asking for teams,the selectors pick the squad and the captain picks the XI.so the selectors picked what u call a young squad,not dhoni.also 35 year young sachin won us that cup by two back to back knocks,so it wasnt a young side at all. in sri lanka it was the same ajantha mendis bowling,but bowling in ODIs n tests(which dhoni didnt play) are two different skills.in ODIs u expect bowlers to bowl in certain areas only. and as i said earlier absence of referrals played a big part.that mendis still ended as the HIGHEST wicket taker in that series is a different matter,isnt it?also in odis tosses may be part of the game but in day night games they do play imp. role. you cant argue that.
u said dhoni bailed us out of trouble in kanpur.he certainly led us to win in that game and captains do have an imp. part to play, but with the bat, it was ganguly who bailed us out of trouble,not dhoni in aus it wasnt that young a team it had players like sachin,yuvi,sehwag,bhajji.only ganguly n dravid were'nt there. i also dont agree captain asking for teams,the selectors pick the squad and the captain picks the XI.so the selectors picked what u call a young squad,not dhoni.also 35 year young sachin won us that cup by two back to back knocks,so it wasnt a young side at all. in sri lanka it was the same ajantha mendis bowling,but bowling in ODIs n tests(which dhoni didnt play) are two different skills.in ODIs u expect bowlers to bowl in certain areas only. and as i said earlier absence of referrals played a big part.that mendis still ended as the HIGHEST wicket taker in that series is a different matter,isnt it?also in odis tosses may be part of the game but in day night games they do play imp. role. you cant argue that.
Er. Sachin was out of form for the majority of the series. He contributed significantly only in the last 3 matches that India played (60+ against Sri Lanka, 117* & 91 in the Finals). Before that only in game #4, he scored 44 when we had to chase 158 against Australia, and the match was actually in balance when Sachin got out at 92/3 (or something similar). Dhoni and Rohit put together a stunning partnership after Yuvraj lost his stump to Brad Hogg (yet again) to get us to win that game. Your argument that Yuvi, Sehwag, Sachin, Bhajji were there in the series so it wasn't a young side doesn't make any sense at all. All the games we won were influenced by terrific consistency from Gambhir (a "young" guy), Dhoni (he had the highest average when either team is considered 60+ I believe), Ishant's bowling and along with that Bhajji and Chawla's consistent restriction of runs. Dhoni played a HUGE role (was our most consistent batsman, was a terrific captain, etc.) in winning us the CB Series along with the contributions from Sachin, Gambhir, Ishant, Harbhajan, etc. Even in ODIs, Ajantha Mendis took 6/14 against us in the Final of the Asia Cup - where Dhoni was the last man out or one of the last men out who also was our topscorer, IIRC. The same Mendis was restricted to take enough wickets to let Sri Lanka win the series. We won the series because of his captaincy, his two consecutive 50+ knocks. So to master against a guy who took 6/14 in a foreign land in his own country is pretty amazing. He and Gambhir led the way (after Sehwag showed it in the Test matches) in handling Mendis, by the way. I am appalled at your bias towards a guy who has clearly been the world's best ODI cricketer and possible for the nation's in the past year and a half. He has done well in the 2 Tests he captained. I agree that Kumble ought to come back to Kotla because its his favorite ground and he'll probably put in a much better performance after the rest he got. But to criticize Dhoni after winning several games for us in the past 10-15 months is just not right.
u said dhoni bailed us out of trouble in kanpur.he certainly led us to win in that game and captains do have an imp. part to play' date=' but with the bat, it was ganguly who bailed us out of trouble,not dhoni[/quote'] By bailed us out, i meant in the middle of a series being 0-1 down, Dhoni led us to victory in the last Test and helped us square us the series (so it also helped us maintain the so called ranking you are bothered about)
in aus it wasnt that young a team it had players like sachin,yuvi,sehwag,bhajji.only ganguly n dravid were'nt there.
There were players like Piyush, Rohit, Praveen, Shree, Gauti, Robin, Dhoni himself who had no experience playing in an ODI environment in Australia, but against all odds we won, yes Sachin played his part, and dont you think every player needs to in a Team game nd how can you forget Dhonis valuable contribution of 36, when the rest of the team capitulated after Sachins dissmissal in the second final
the selectors pick the squad and the captain picks the XI.so the selectors picked what u call a young squad
But it was Dhoni who moulded the young team, and instilled the winning mentality within the young chaps, he led his team with crucial performances at crucial times
also 35 year young sachin won us that cup by two back to back knocks,so it wasnt a young side at all.
Yes, Sachin played an important part and so did Dhoni by playing that crucial knock of 36, making those decisice field and bowling changes
in sri lanka it was the same ajantha mendis bowling,but bowling in ODIs n tests(which dhoni didnt play) are two different skills.in ODIs u expect bowlers to bowl in certain areas only. and as i said earlier absence of referrals played a big part.that mendis still ended as the HIGHEST wicket taker in that series is a different matter,isnt it?also in odis tosses may be part of the game but in day night games they do play imp. role. you cant argue that.
So what if the toss played an important part, he won them, how can you hold the absence of the referral system against Dhoni's captaincy, that point is alsolutely baseless, however you cant fail but admit, it was Dhoni along with Raina and co. who mastered Mendis, he was tonked for over 50 in the 4th ODI, and Dhoni was the man of the series there !!! so he is some player tooo !!!