The playing 11 for the Kotla Test

Cricketics

this will be a very very tough decision for anyone to make. whom to play and whom not to... Kumble has had a dream run at this venue.. Mishra has had a dream debut and should not be dropped.. and then there is bhajji who is doing good enough to hold on to his place.. and then we have 2 seamers(khan and sharma) who have outbowled 4 other seamers of the oppositon camp.. with all that in mind let's put our best playing 11 which would ensure a series victory at the end of this 3rd test. My Playing 11 SEHWAG GAMBHIR DRAVID TENDULKAR GANGULY LAXMAN DHONI HARBHAJAN ZAHEER SHARMA MISHRA i really wanted to play kumble, but i have a feeling that we will be getting a news soon that Kumble is stil not fit for this test and same combination as of 2nd test will be repeated in the 3rd test..

this will be a very very tough decision for anyone to make. whom to play and whom not to... Kumble has had a dream run at this venue.. Mishra has had a dream debut and should not be dropped.. and then there is bhajji who is doing good enough to hold on to his place.. and then we have 2 seamers(khan and sharma) who have outbowled 4 other seamers of the oppositon camp.. with all that in mind let's put our best playing 11 which would ensure a series victory at the end of this 3rd test. My Playing 11 SEHWAG GAMBHIR DRAVID TENDULKAR GANGULY LAXMAN DHONI HARBHAJAN ZAHEER SHARMA MISHRA i really wanted to play kumble, but i have a feeling that we will be getting a news soon that Kumble is stil not fit for this test and same combination as of 2nd test will be repeated in the 3rd test..
that would be ideal, but i feel kumble will play if its a dust bowl, then maybe laxman will be dropped to accommodate 3 spinners

IF Anil Kumble is 100% fit and thats a big IF, then there is no way he can possibly be omitted from the eleven. He's the captain, if he's fit, he HAS to play. Indian cricket isnt revolutionary enough for us to change captains in the middle of the series. Various peoples have suggested various options, like playing 5 batsman and 5 bowlers or 3 spinners and one fast bowler. Dont think none of that is gonna happen. My guess is, the Indian team will go for the conservative approach and drop Mishra to accommodate Anil. There's no other choice really. Cant play 5 batsman in a test, that can almost be suicidal. Cant drop either of the pacers, they've been outstanding. Cant drop Bhajji either he seems the catalyst that driving the combustion reaction against the Aussies. Only option; Omit Mishra.

Drop a guy who averaged 15 per wicket for the test we won, took a five for in the first innings when the pitch was still very good for batting, and removed most of Australia's better players (including one of their two best players of spin in both innings). Great. Whatever happened to just picking the best players?

Drop a guy who averaged 15 per wicket for the test we won, took a five for in the first innings when the pitch was still very good for batting, and removed most of Australia's better players (including one of their two best players of spin in both innings). Great. Whatever happened to just picking the best players?
Personally, if given a choice, I would go with Mishra. I am just speculating on what the Indian team management would do. Besides, Kotla is Kumble's bastion too.
IF Anil Kumble is 100% fit and thats a big IF, then there is no way he can possibly be omitted from the eleven. He's the captain, if he's fit, he HAS to play. Indian cricket isnt revolutionary enough for us to change captains in the middle of the series. Various peoples have suggested various options, like playing 5 batsman and 5 bowlers or 3 spinners and one fast bowler. Dont think none of that is gonna happen. My guess is, the Indian team will go for the conservative approach and drop Mishra to accommodate Anil. There's no other choice really. Cant play 5 batsman in a test, that can almost be suicidal. Cant drop either of the pacers, they've been outstanding. Cant drop Bhajji either he seems the catalyst that driving the combustion reaction against the Aussies. Only option; Omit Mishra.
I disagree with picking 5 batsmen being suicidal.we dont have an allrounder and thats hurting us.I think we can go with 5 bowlers and omit laxman for this game.I am confident that our 5 frontline batsmen can handle the aussie bowlers.our bowlers are no slouches with the bat either.

I have a feeling that Kumble just might end up withdrawing from this test. He is a team man through and through. Mishra was man of the match (well, he was for me) at Mohali and leaving him out after the way he wrecked the Aussies in that first innings would be a very idiotic decision. Dropping Laxman would be just as stupid - that man plays his best against Australia and he is due a big innings against them. A guy like Dhoni can score when the going is good but he isn't half the batsman Laxman is. The very thought of changing a team which just won it's biggest ever victory in terms of runs is absolutely ridiculous. Only in India, and maybe in Pakistan, would this kind of sh it happen.

but u have to admit amit's success was partly due to the fact that aussies hadnt seen him n didnt know wat he does.over the next 8 days they will be working over mishra watching his videos,now will be a bigger test 4 him. even if he in delhi plays he wont be as lethal.even in the 2nd innings of mohali mishra wasnt as good as in first innings.haddin n clarke repeatedly hit him 4 boundaries. so sensible choice 'd be to go 4 kumble. if fit i'd ppick mishra over laxman but if i'd to chose b/w kumble n mishra it'd be kumble
but u have to admit amit's success was partly due to the fact that aussies hadnt seen him n didnt know wat he does.over the next 8 days they will be working over mishra watching his videos,now will be a bigger test 4 him. even if he in delhi plays he wont be as lethal.even in the 2nd innings of mohali mishra wasnt as good as in first innings.haddin n clarke repeatedly hit him 4 boundaries. so sensible choice 'd be to go 4 kumble. if fit. i'd pick mishra over laxman but if i'd to chose b/w kumble n mishra it'd be kumble

How about dropping Dhoni? Problem solved. Dravid keep wickets. :--D Just kidding boys. Unfortunately, Mishra has to sit out or my personal choice would be Bhajji but then I am only the only one who thinks that. I would want Kumble to play here since it is his ground. Perhaps, Kumble will solve all our problems by declaring he is still injured.

Kumble shouldn't play. I just can't believe that a bowler at his age is fully fit after a few days off when he's had this shoulder problem for months now. No way is he going to be fully fit. He's said the SAME thing before this series and look what happened? He went wicketless and was off for most a the 4th day because of the shoulder complaint. We're 1 up on a historic test series and have a chance at closing the door on Australia. What I think should happen is that we should play our best 11 in Kotla which includes Mishra, then we take a 2-0 lead and THEN include Kumble in the last test match so that we can give him a proper send off into retirement.