Laxman signs for Lancashire

Sachinism

VVS Laxman, the India batsman, has signed for Lancashire as the club's overseas player for 2009. Laxman spent a month with Lancashire in 2007 when he scored 541 runs in eight matches, but this latest stint will be he first full season with a county. Subject to approval from the BCCI, he is expected to be available to Lancashire one week after fulfilling his contract with the Indian Premier League. The 2009 IPL is scheduled to finish on May 29. "I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay with Lancashire in 2007, and I am thrilled to be returning to Old Trafford next year," Laxman told the club's website. "My last memory playing for the county was that heart-breaking loss at The Oval, but next year I hope to play a significant role in leading Lancashire to Championship success." Mike Watkinson, the Lancashire manager, added: "It gives me great pleasure to secure the services of this extremely talented batsman for next season. He will bring star quality to our batting line-up for both Championship and one-day cricket, and his wealth of experience is perfect for our younger batsman to learn from and develop around. "His contributions both on and off the field during his short stay in 2007 were outstanding and left a lasting impact on the players." ------------ i thought BCCI weren't allowing players to play overseas someone should sign up Ishant

Laxman is the perfect candidate for an overseas county signing. Perfect gentleman, excellent behaviour both on and off the field and above all, an unfailing performer on the cricket pitch. Besides, because he isnt Indian ODI eleven, he will be avaialable most of the time for fulfill his county duties. He will do immensely well.