Bedi PWNS Ponting

h4te

Mumbai: Has Australia skipper Ricky Ponting rubbed an Indian legend the wrong way? He may well have with this statement: "I don't even know how (Bishen) Bedi landed up. He was at a party the previous night [at the Australian High Commission] and the next morning I see him at the nets!" LULZ WHAT FRACKING IDIOT! :haha: Ponting may have tried to play down the image of an Australian team panicking and taking too much outside help. But in a rather arrogant way Ponting has rubbished the presence of former India captain Bishen Singh Bedi at Australia’s training session on Tuesday. Bedi not one to take things lying down has come down heavily on Ponting saying that that there was a "huge communication gap" between the Australian team management and their skipper. “I am not hurt or feeling demeaned after Ponting claimed that I was an uninvited guest at the practice session,†Bedi told cricketnirvana.com The former Indian captain said: “I received formal requests from the Australian team manager Steve Bernard, bowling coach Troy Cooley and head coach Tim Nielsen to help (Jason) Krezja and (Cameron) White in the nets.†Expressing his surprise over Ponting’s remarks, Bedi said: “The Australian skipper should work on his communication skills rather than extempore.†PWNED :hysterical: The left armer said he was disappointed that his words were not taken while selecting the playing XI for the third Test. The influence and advice of India's senior spin statesman Bedi this week appears to have pushed Krezja’s case more effectively than any bowling spell, but to no avail.

Don't see what's wrong with Bedi helping the opposition, or anyone else. At best, we might hear some comments after the series about how the Australian spinners should be thrown in the sea and made to swim back. :D As for Ponting, he should learn how to shut his mouth. Meanwhile, this is the first time I'm applauding Bedi for applauding his like this.

Don't see what's wrong with Bedi helping the opposition, or anyone else. At best, we might hear some comments after the series about how the Australian spinners should be thrown in the sea and made to swim back. :D As for Ponting, he should learn how to shut his mouth. Meanwhile, this is the first time I'm applauding Bedi for applauding his like this.
its all good and dandy now that his advice hasnt worked. but what if it had...? i mean before the series got underway, we were uncomfortable with greg travelling with the aussie team, and here we have our own ex-captain and one of our best ever spinners...giving tips to the opposition. i dunno, i just dont like this bedi guy anymore, hes usually anti-india for some odd reason.
its all good and dandy now that his advice hasnt worked. but what if it had...? i mean before the series got underway, we were uncomfortable with greg travelling with the aussie team, and here we have our own ex-captain and one of our best ever spinners...giving tips to the opposition. i dunno, i just dont like this bedi guy anymore, hes usually anti-india for some odd reason.
dude, helping and teaching skills to juniors is a part of a gesture and indian culture...no matter how much we love Cricket, its not a War....its actually good from Bedi side to help new talents.. makes him a good ambassdor for our country

probably an intentional sensationalist misquote. it doesn't sound so bad if you see it as 'the hindu' reports : Worthwhile experience On Australia seeking Bedi’s help, Ponting said: “I have no clue as to how he came around. I was training and Bishan was there. I think he spoke to Jason (Krejza) and a lot of positive stuff came out of it. “Bishan had some good things to say about Jason after the session and it must be good for his confidence. All in all, I think it was a worthwhile experience and it might happen again at some stage.”

Or better yet (and cheaper), show him a video of Murali and watch him go off. "Filthy robber, beggar, cheat, bandit, dacoit, how dare he take the record from such a beautiful artist?!" ... at which point everyone else will stop paying attention, having heard the shtick several hundred times over.

Bedi is anyway a load of bull ****, who doesn't command any respect from Indian players and fans anymore. He's a person who keeps spewing rubbish to get the attention of the media. His best way of doing that has been to give statements/interviews against the Indian players, Selectors etc. I think the board and the players have been putting up with non-sense because of the respect to a former india capt. And now with Ricky Pontings statement, bedi got what he deserved. He had to be put in his place and glad that Ponting did it.

Bedi is anyway a load of bull ****, who doesn't command any respect from Indian players and fans anymore. He's a person who keeps spewing rubbish to get the attention of the media. His best way of doing that has been to give statements/interviews against the Indian players, Selectors etc. I think the board and the players have been putting up with non-sense because of the respect to a former india capt. And now with Ricky Pontings statement, bedi got what he deserved. He had to be put in his place and glad that Ponting did it.
Well said.
Bedi deserves it.He should learn from Manoj Prabakar
Did MP refuse to help the aussies? If yes, kudos to him. Also I would like to see Lalit Modi getting kicked for his unprecedented act to welcome the aussies with 10 different picthes. It doesnt matter if it dint have an impact, but yet, he should not have done tat in the first place