This better not be a draw, Anil

DomainK

Yes, that should be the case but his brain and his heart dont seem to be in agreeance if thats the case. The heart wants to win but the brain says "wait a min dumble, maybe 613 is not enough, so let me spread out the field and see what happens.. if we get wickets then well and good otherwise we can always try and save the game..."

The worst of it is over as their 4 best batsmen are back in the pavilion, so we can call that a good day's work. Had one of them survived, we would have reason to be concerned, because any 4 of them can play big innings as the rest would bat around them. But now it's just a matter of how big India's lead will be. A 150 run lead is what i am expecting and that should allow India to set AUS something in the region of 300 or more for the dreaded 4th innings chase, which - as everyone should know by now - is next to impossible. That is what's great about a massive 1st total - no matter how well the opposition may bat, it will not be enough. What i don't like at the moment is the way India are refusing to attack with men around the bat. Field placements for the seamers in particular, have been really poor. This is the difference between Kumble and Dhoni i suppose - only one of them knows how to maximize resources.

Hari, I kinda understand you point but one thing u gotta consider is that pitch was flat as glass on day 2..it was of no use to declare earlier giving Australia free score ... though I like your idealogy....will be effective on any pitches other than these patta type pitches.... i used to think that a team should never declare before 600 but your points changed my opinion...

Guest HariSampath

I heard this morning that many members of the Indian side are upset with the media for targeting Kumble, in fact they are going to rally around him bigtime. If this is true, I too hope that if at all Kumble bowls , he does take a few wkts. The key here is, I think Jumbo should set aside his ego , ask Dhoni to lead next 2 days and just concentrate on taking wkts. There is no sense in him putting more pressure on himself at a time which is crucial to win the series. In fact even if Dhoni leads, no one is going to grudge Kumble his due , and he can rightfully take credit too. Please Anil....just be a bowler for 2 days !!