This better not be a draw, Anil

DomainK

Poor captaincy from Kumble, standing at at short extra, arms folded. Ishant is trying hard, he's got two edges, twice they have gone through where gully and second slip would be.- cricinfo. I have a lot of respect for Anil Kumble.:adore: But if we dont win this match/series, it will be on his head and on his head only.

Geez... give it a break guys, it's only the 3rd day. Similar threads were opened in the first test matching expecting a loss. You guys don't ever learn, please keep your negativity minimal. You guys expect India to score 600 every time, bowl out the opponent under 200 every time. Guess what? There are cricketers around the world that are good enough too. You guys expect too much too soon.

Geez... give it a break guys, it's only the 3rd day. Similar threads were opened in the first test matching expecting a loss. You guys don't ever learn, please keep your negativity minimal. You guys expect India to score 600 every time, bowl out the opponent under 200 every time. Guess what? There are cricketers around the world that are good enough too. You guys expect too much too soon.
Z Khan 9 4 26 0 2.88 I Sharma 11 2 35 0 3.18 (2nb) A Kumble 15.5 2 53 0 3.34 (1nb) A Mishra 9 1 41 1 4.55 (2nb) V Sehwag 5 1 17 0 3.40 Who was the most threatening bowler?
Agree
Ravi, I have no problems if the opposition is offering still resistance. But if edges flying into vacant catching positions, its a worry.....especially when the captain has the luxury pf 600+ runs. We need to attack all out and thats what we are not doing.
Well, I think ppl expect 2 things. 1. After scoring 600 runs we must be on the attack and not be defensive 2. That our top bowler must at least take a single wicket. seems like neither of those things are happening...

For all of you who have just tuned in and are emailing me and asking why Kumble isn't bowling, let me again say he has been taken to the hospital for treatment. And now, for the first time in ages, Tendulkar gets the ball. Dhoni trying to be different. Good to see.- cricinfo

Guest HariSampath

Kumble's captaicy has certainly been below par. To my mind, he made an error of judgment in the declaration. You need to have at least 30 overs minimum to stand some chance of getting them at 100-2 by stumps yesterday. Giving them just 15 overs was ridiculous, and not even decent time for all 4 bowlers to have a good go at the Aussies last night. This tendency to blindly keep batting for 600+ scores serves no purpose. In the first place, India should have been at least 330-4 by close on day 1. That is the score you look for on the first day of a test match if you are trying to win the series, and the way Sachin batted it was evident it was possible. India played too defensively on the 2nd morning too. 3.2 rpo on this track, with their half attack already flogged just wasnt enough. I believe that India pays far too much importace to individual landmarks ;VVS was just too defensive after Gambhir's dismissal. He was batting 130 at gthat time and he was the one expected to collar the attack as we had plenty of wickets, but he was just pushing along at 60 strike rate. With better planning from the start of the inngs , even if India had been 400-5 at lunch on second day, it would have been an ideal platform to quickly get to 550 and declare/allout. 550 in 150 overs would have been very good, giving us 30 overs to have a crack at them , and get them 2-3 wkts down.

I think they declared at right time, the problem is they didnt get early breaks like they got in mohali, once that happens kumble's shoulders dropped and he not opening with Ishant in morning is totally wrong, wtf is he thinking that time is best time for pacers.Kumble I guess is done.

Kumble's captaicy has certainly been below par. To my mind, he made an error of judgment in the declaration. You need to have at least 30 overs minimum to stand some chance of getting them at 100-2 by stumps yesterday. Giving them just 15 overs was ridiculous, and not even decent time for all 4 bowlers to have a good go at the Aussies last night. This tendency to blindly keep batting for 600+ scores serves no purpose. In the first place, India should have been at least 330-4 by close on day 1. That is the score you look for on the first day of a test match if you are trying to win the series, and the way Sachin batted it was evident it was possible. India played too defensively on the 2nd morning too. 3.2 rpo on this track, with their half attack already flogged just wasnt enough. I believe that India pays far too much importace to individual landmarks ;VVS was just too defensive after Gambhir's dismissal. He was batting 130 at gthat time and he was the one expected to collar the attack as we had plenty of wickets, but he was just pushing along at 60 strike rate. With better planning from the start of the inngs , even if India had been 400-5 at lunch on second day, it would have been an ideal platform to quickly get to 550 and declare/allout. 550 in 150 overs would have been very good, giving us 30 overs to have a crack at them , and get them 2-3 wkts down.
I dont agree with those points. I dont think the declaration was too late. It was quite on time. I dont also think India scored too slow at any point. We batted very well. Its the defensive mindset on the field that bothers me.