Bhaji appreciation thread-We are missing him today

I can't believe the way Shahstri was championing his case. Giving all the usual nonsensical crap about his getting under the oppositions skin and how he has a good record in Aus (which is reality is quite poor)
Shastri is a scumbag. Has always been one since his playing days. And using the media to get into the side is a special trait of Darty. He did the same after he was chucked out in 2007.
Really? Who went to county cricket and picked truckloads of wickets?
It's not a big deal for an international spinner to pick wickets in county cricket - Chawla, Karthik, Ojha have all destroyed county teams. The test for a spinner is to pick up wickets in Indian domestic cricket, where the level of batsmen adept at facing spin is much higher.
It's not a big deal for an international spinner to pick wickets in county cricket - Chawla' date=' Karthik, Ojha have all destroyed county teams. The test for a spinner is to pick up wickets in Indian domestic cricket, where the level of batsmen adept at facing spin is much higher.[/quote'] Remember we are talking of 2007. He was dropped after the WC in March. Where was the question of 'picking wickets in domestic cricket' when there were no matches being played? He went to Country Cricket and picked wickets to comeback for the t20 WC. Wonder why that is wrong?
Remember we are talking of 2007. He was dropped after the WC in March. Where was the question of 'picking wickets in domestic cricket' when there were no matches being played? He went to Country Cricket and picked wickets to comeback for the t20 WC. Wonder why that is wrong?
Where did I say it was "wrong"? My point is that for an international spinner to pick up wickets in county cricket is not a big deal. And Darty has sucked on average for the last 4 years, so would you say picking him on the base of his exploits in county cricket was a good decision?
Where did I say it was "wrong"? My point is that for an international spinner to pick up wickets in county cricket is not a big deal. And Darty has sucked on average for the last 4 years' date=' so would you say picking him on the base of his exploits in county cricket was a good decision?[/quote'] Good or bad, but he didn't make a comeback based on his media interviews alone as you said. That was the whole purpose of me bringing the county stats in the discussion. He didn't sit back, went to county cricket, did well and came back to the side. Had a decent 12-15 months after that (Kanpur vs SA, Galle vs Lanka, Nagpur vs Aus) before losing his form and ultimately his spot in the side once again.
Good or bad' date=' [b']but he didn't make a comeback based on his media interviews alone as you said. That was the whole purpose of me bringing the county stats in the discussion. He didn't sit back, went to county cricket, did well and came back to the side. Had a decent 12-15 months after that (Kanpur vs SA, Galle vs Lanka, Nagpur vs Aus) before losing his form and ultimately his spot in the side once again.
I never said he made his comeback on the basis of media interviews "alone" - but yes they were a part in his comeback. And he is doing it all over again, but the good thing is that he is having to show his mettle against better players of spin this time and his true aukaad is shining through his performances.
I never said he made his comeback on the basis of media interviews "alone" - but yes they were a part in his comeback. And he is doing it all over again' date=' but the good thing is that he is having to show his mettle against better players of spin this time and [b']his true aukaad is shining through his performances.
Did you say the same when Dada was struggling to put bat to ball after being dropped in 2005 and also when Sehwag was struggling against the domestic attacks in 2007? Players who have played for so long for India do take time to get adjusted to domestic cricket. It's not as if he is 35-36 and there is no hope for him. Yes, these regular interviews in the media do not look good especially when he is struggling to take wickets even in domestic cricket and the focus should be on working on his bowling and getting rid of the technical flaws that had crept in.
Did you say the same when Dada was struggling to put bat to ball after being dropped in 2005 and also when Sehwag was struggling against the domestic attacks in 2007? Players who have played for so long for India do take time to get adjusted to domestic cricket. It's not as if he is 35-36 and there is no hope for him. Yes, these regular interviews in the media do not look good especially when he is struggling to take wickets even in domestic cricket and the focus should be on working on his bowling and getting rid of the technical flaws that had crept in.
That's exactly my point. Of course it will be great if he can get back his old bowling form, but as far as my opinion is concerned he is finished and has been mediocre for years now.
At least I don't hail cricketers who fake injuries as greats. :winky:
And your proof he faked injury? Need proof not internet gossip from haters. Its like saying Gambhir faked injury on eng tour. IMO its all BS, people need to stay away from net if they think proven warriors for india will fake injury. p.s in interviews he has high praise for ashwin and oijha. What specifics on interview nits to create such reaction