Hatz off to Kumble for his commitment

Cricketics

Bloody hell hand almost broken still comes out and bowls.. not to take wicket under his name, but to take wicket for India seriously folkz, stop talking crap about this guy..this guy with about dozen stitches on his hand is still there on field. always playing for the country.. who can forget the 2002 test series against West Indies.. where he broke his jaw and still came out to bowl for India. HATZ OFF KUMBLE

I respect the guy.. there is no doubt in his intentions.. he gives 100 % and is a selfless legend.. but you gotta end it som where... personally, its hard to see him struggle this way and it would be disappointing if he ends his career on low key.. at the end his image suffers and India suffers... he is not getting younger.. injuries will have an affect on his persformance at this age.. soo just move on.. let others carry the burden.. thats all.... having said all that.. i would do the same as these seniors are doing.. its hard to quit when you have spent last 12-20 years in something and all of a sudden stop it..

after his show of commitmnt - can we stop seeing peoplegoing after his head. there were threads like "kumble please step down", "amit mishra cannot be dropped for kumble" etc. in the absence of kumble in this mtach, nether amit mishra's bowling, nor dhony's captaincy has brought any significant challenge to aussies. it proves that kumble absence doesnt automatically mean india victorious. so instead of putting pressure on him to retire and give up captaincy, lets wait for him to go out on his own.

100% agree ... his commitment is and always has been amazing. Ill never question Kumble's heart ... my other thread was only questioning his current form ... otherwise this guy has been a legend of Indian cricket and hands down INDIAS GREATEST SPINNER (possibly, along with KD India's greatest bowler)

No one can question Anil Kumble's commitment. :adore: If God tells him that he can secure victory in this match if he cuts his right hand, he will probably do it. He is always 100% dedicated to the game and his team. But the question mark here is on his current form and his captaining abilities. THats whats worrying. He can not carry on with the commitment alone. He has now sent down almost 150 overs on spinner friendly tracks with some 2/3 wickets to show? Thats terrible. He is hurting the team now. I respect him and will continue to do so. He will always remain one my favorite heroes. But its time for him to step down.

No one can question Anil Kumble's commitment. :adore: If God tells him that he can secure victory in this match if he cuts his right hand, he will probably do it. He is always 100% dedicated to the game and his team. But the question mark here is on his current form and his captaining abilities. THats whats worrying. He can not carry on with the commitment alone. He has now sent down almost 150 overs on spinner friendly tracks with some 2/3 wickets to show? Thats terrible. He is hurting the team now. I respect him and will continue to do so. He will always remain one my favorite heroes. But its time for him to step down.
Completely Agree !!! :two_thumbs_up:

So Mishra isn't as good as Kumble so there shouldn't be anyone asking for Kumble's resignation? What nonsense. Let's get one thing straight. It's almost impossible to find a legend bowler like Kumble. Neither Mishra nor Harbhajan are good enough to replace Kumble at his best or ever will be. But that doesn't mean Kumble keeps on bowling till he's 50. The guy is hurting the team more than helping and he needs to make way when he can't even take vital wickets on spinning tracks.