Hold on Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar

Cricketics

Champions dont come easy. And in the last 3 weeks, we've lost 2 of India's finest champions. I've actually lost quite a bit interest in cricket in the last few days. Still cant come to terms with Kumble's decision to go.
more worryingly we have lots two of India's biggest fighters.
Champions dont come easy. And in the last 3 weeks, we've lost 2 of India's finest champions. I've actually lost quite a bit interest in cricket in the last few days. Still cant come to terms with Kumble's decision to go.
I think it will sink in with time only. When we watch a few matches without him.
Guest HariSampath

Dan.if emotions can be converted to runs and wickets, i am willing to weep all day for Ganguly, Dravid, Kumble et al....I wonder what sort of emotions you all went through when India loses miserably, or when fantastic players like Badri, Yuvraj, Rohit , Kohli , all of whom are getting 100s, but cant get in because "its not yet time for the Gangulys, Dravids and Kumbles leave". Maybe we will all find we deal with it perfectly well, when these nex gen players come in, the Yuvrajs, Badris and Rohits get 100s, the Mishras take 5fers and when India wins...that will be a very nice emotion, I recommend you to experience it :D

Yuvrajs got a duck against Punjab today. WTF are you on about? Badri was given a chance against Aus in the tour match. He flunked out in top numbers. I want to weep seeing the abilities of the upcomers who can't hold a candle to the achievements of the top 4. If a guy like ROhit Sharma who has 1 domestic 100 before he was knocking on the national team's door, then we can be rest assured how they will fare after the seniors retire. After Sehwag and recently gambhir, there has been no other batsman who has set the mat on fire, before they claim to be sidelined because of the fab4.

the transitory phase has started in Indian cricket..things would be really interesting from now on..MSDs captaincy..youngsters performance..we will surely miss the 2 champions well 3 infact if wat Hari says is true..but surely cricket will move on..it might be tuf initially but its all for the good..so a really interesting period in Indian cricket, the next 2 -3 years..

Sachin and laxman will play for 2-3 years more, they deserve to. Dravid's future lies in the england series. If he fails, Its VRS time for him. Kumble and Dada gone is the best thing for Indian Cricket. Now our upwards journey towards #1 in ODI and Test matches will begin.

dont hold ur breath. the next some years are going to be very rocky for India with the new Ind batsmen and new spinners getting tested big time at Test cricket. its the usual gulf between First Class domestic (in india) and Intl Test arena
I dont think its that hard to find a batsman who'd average 40 in test cricket. The only real time that I appreciated Ganguly's batting was from the SA tour in 06-07 till the Sydney test. And briefly in the SA series after that. I'm sure if Gambhir is doing well, so can guys like Raina, Rohit, Badri, etc. And as far as spinners go, Kumble's job in brief has been to contain on a firm pitch attack when the wicket has wear and tear. Harbajhan has been doing exactly that since RSA came to India. From the 'reserves' I feel that Ohja is much better than Mishra in terms of talent. He gets far more zip and turn when still looping and curving the ball. As far as young talents go, he's the best finger spinner that one could hope to have in their reserves (barring Mendis or something like that). He'd be the kind of guy who could beat batsmen for turn on a day 1 wicket (in India anyway). Parmar chucks though so he's out of contention.
I dont think its that hard to find a batsman who'd average 40 in test cricket. The only real time that I appreciated Ganguly's batting was from the SA tour in 06-07 till the Sydney test. And briefly in the SA series after that. I'm sure if Gambhir is doing well, so can guys like Raina, Rohit, Badri, etc. .
It will be hard to find a batsman who will average 40+, especially outside India. I am sure it won't happen for the next year or so. Maybe after that one of the guys will step up.
It will be hard to find a batsman who will average 40+' date=' especially outside India. I am sure it won't happen for the next year or so. Maybe after that one of the guys will step up.[/quote'] Raina has staked a claim. Rohit for tests needs to work a lot more. Just one hundred won't see him through. Badri wtf didn't he take his chances in opening games. He will need a couple of series to prove himself.
Guest HariSampath

Badri is certainly next in line, no doubts about it. Considering his performances in Ranji and India A for last 3 seasons continuously, he will be given next 2 series to settle down as a regular middle order batter. Even in ODIs he had shown in SL, he can play the important phases of a match with a cool head, he has the talent and temperament for this level, and is a sure candidate very soon

^ Is that your opinion or do you have some inside information? :winky: I hope its true and he is next in line, because it would be unfair if Yuvraj or Rohit Sharma (even though I think the kid is a freak) get a spot ahead of Badrinath.
He (Badri) is in the squad currently, so I think he is in-place to replace SG. Fontaine, Gambhir still needs to prove himself in Test matches in Aus, Eng, SA etc. That said, I hope he succeeds well. However, finding batsmen who succeed in middle order or #3 position in such places is tough. Not sure if Raina, Badri et.al. are going to do that in near future.
Guest HariSampath

It is both my opinion as well as inside and universal opinion, Bharat :-) the whole world knows that Badri is next in line, and I can add a small bit that he will play in the 11 for the first 2 tests against Eng