Sachin Tendulkar gets threat from JeM

Rajiv

Guest HariSampath

Well they are justified..arent they, afterall Sachin has been terrorising Akthar and co for years now...and now they feel JeM should do it, as there is no way Akthar and co , or for that matter anyone can terrorise sachin on a field :D

Guest HariSampath

Dude...all this is hype, do you think they have any real reason to assassinate Sachin ? Perhaps, they are just issuing threats to get publicity. But wait...these terrorists will perhaps go to any extent to get publicity for their washed out non issues, maybe even attack Tendulkar because he is a national iconic figure and they would imagine they can send a "statement" through that. In fact he may even be a soft target because he doesnt have that level of security that people like Manmohan Singh or LK Advani have.

Guest HariSampath

The more I think about this, I am more convinced this is serious. Terrorists always have 2 principal reasons for mindless assassinations. 1. Publicity 2. To show any Country they can strike a major figure symbolically. In Sachin's case 3 things combine,making him a very attractive target. 1. He is a national Icon, a symbol of India, a symbol of a successful India. A strike against him is a message to "Indian establishment and to the heart of Indian life and success itself"...the terrorists will be saying " ok, we have killed your great prestigious jewel for our religious/political cause, now what"...that is their twisted logic. 2. He is a Star cricketer, and probably the most ever media covered cricketer in the history of the game, he has the capacity to impact hundreds of millions of Indians positively ( and hence, assassinating him can affect them negatively, according to terrorists logic), it makes Indians feel helpless and powerless against terror, and makes Govt look silly and stupid and impotent and more importantly make the people of India emotionally gutted and angered at the Govt, a main goal of any terrorist) 3. Cricket is itself a big platform internationally...and more so in the Asian continent/subcontinent. Its the perfect stage for a terrorist group to showcase their cause ( like Olympics etc). Cricket is also a symbol of Indian plus Western countries game, which makes it a juicy combination for terrorists...and Sachin Tendulkar is the undoubted face of International Cricket. Even to get an idea of how serious this is, just try to imagine for a moment ( I know it is a dreadful thought, which I couldn't even think of), just imagine if something happens to Sachin , and you open the newspapers to read about it, or see a sudden shocking news breaking on TV...what do you think will be the effect ? I remember in 1999, I just opened some site, maybe rediff, to read " Cruel death snatches away Tendulkar from world cup"....for a moment I was devastated, I know that millions of people slammed rediff for that headline, it was reporting sachin's Dad's death...but folks were rightly saying, just what a momentary shock people got. I just got an idea of what an effect would be, from that incident. It will send shockwaves through the world, affecting millions of people in dozens of countries, for months together the international media will report nothing but this. This is what terrorists aim for : Effect. And thats why, the more I think, the more I am convinced that even terrorists would be thinking along these lines for years, and so this has to be taken very very seriously.

Guest HariSampath

?? which ones Dan....I just posted what I myself felt when I read a headline on rediff in 1999, that was reporting Sachin's dad's death....but other than that I dont see anything disturbing ? or is it something else ? tell me and I shall try to edit, if it has reason. In my post, I just have outlined the kind of thinking that terrorists have and how and why they target certain figures for bombings, assassinations etc ...I dont think there is anything offensive at all.