Gambhir's appeal over Test ban rejected

h4te

why are u saying pullout pullout..thats just a cowardly act..i mean we are dominating the series why the heck shd we pull out....
Exactly the reason why we pull out. We are dominating the series etc. But we must refuse to play under unfair rules. Thats what we want to convey. Come what may, we dont play by biased rule-books. We need to show that. Also, hit the bloody Aus and NZ players etc where it hurts them most. The dogs lap up the $$$ in IPL. Drop their IPL contracts until the players can be "disciplined" - add a clause to IPL that says "professionalism in Intl matches" are a criteria. Its our IPL, our $$$ - show the bloody Aus where they stand. ps: satish, mayile, mayile-nu sonna indha paradesi ICC iragu podaathu. (same for Aus Crick board, Eng Board etc)
Seems the BCCI knows what they are doing and VERY good chance of Gambhir playing http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ICC_BCCI_clash_over_Gambhir/articleshow/3674179.cms IMO he will play and will be banned for 2 odis against england instead
The ball is now in ICC's court. If it doesn't reply to BCCI's letter of objection within 48 hours, the Indian board, under the ICC rules, can go ahead and name Gambhir for the Nagpur Test. If the ICC takes cognisance of the letter then it would mean another bout of legal proceedings making Gambhir's presence in the Nagpur Test a certainty.
So the ICC has 48 hours. But BCCI will name the team before that.
Seems the BCCI knows what they are doing and VERY good chance of Gambhir playing http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ICC_BCCI_clash_over_Gambhir/articleshow/3674179.cms IMO he will play and will be banned for 2 odis against england instead
Exactly the reason why we pull out. We are dominating the series etc. But we must refuse to play under unfair rules. Thats what we want to convey. Come what may, we dont play by biased rule-books. We need to show that. Also, hit the bloody Aus and NZ players etc where it hurts them most. The dogs lap up the $$$ in IPL. Drop their IPL contracts until the players can be "disciplined" - add a clause to IPL that says "professionalism in Intl matches" are a criteria. Its our IPL, our $$$ - show the bloody Aus where they stand. ps: satish, mayile, mayile-nu sonna indha paradesi ICC iragu podaathu. (same for Aus Crick board, Eng Board etc)
Take it easy Fineleg. Gmabhir did make a mistake by over doing what the Australians were doing in a calculated way. He had a prior case as well which made his punishment harsher. Its something that he and we have to deal with. We can not pull out of a series citing this as unfair. Thats impractical and senseless.
Guest HariSampath

Hope GG plays...but I still think BCCI has screwed up bigtime...I mean, how can you accept guilt, appeal against only the punishment terms.....and then complain ?? Well , ICC is now saying " allrite, you pleaded guilty...you were given a sentence according to ICC rules....you appealed against the amount of punishment, NOT the crime itself....and so according to ICC rules, the judge doesnt need a hearing...he has simply negatived your appeal on *amount* of punishment...now what ?" You see, we are in a very difficult position...shouldn't have pleaded guilty. Anyways, walking out of series etc is not practical, lets play and win, we may never get such a chance again, we are in great form, Dhoni is captain, and we can win, as simple as that.

In the end ... I think we should also blame Gambhir here ... Im as dissapointed as the next person that he (our most in form batsman) is missing this game ... but he did not need to elbow Watson. If he wanted to get back at him ... he could have said something on the way back ... but there was no need for the physical contact. Shastri hit the nail on the head when he said that he needs to cool his temper. Otherwise in the long-run teams are gonna start to use that against him. Hopefully we still win the series without Gambhir.

WTF is this turd? How can the appeal be rejected without a hearing? When did ICC act so quickly? It doesn't help if it looks Gambhir had deliberately elbowed. Freakin shootiya.
I am surprised with ignorance.ICC ruled by a set of racist,especially against Asians.Either you will have Bckner or Procter.Even if an Indian sneezes ,he will be booked under imitating Monkey or something booked under racial slur and Ban.If the aussies call your mother's name or call you"B#####D '" ,is acceptable because they are aggressive.If Sachin wipe the ball it is ball tampering.If Athurton wipe it with saw dust from his pocket meant just dusting the ball.The ICC is ruled by shameful of B#####ds and our BCCI is ruled by set of boot licker.:banghead:
We need to show that. Also, hit the bloody Aus and NZ players etc where it hurts them most. The dogs lap up the $$$ in IPL. Drop their IPL contracts until the players can be "disciplined" - add a clause to IPL that says "professionalism in Intl matches" are a criteria. Its our IPL, our $$$ - show the bloody Aus where they stand.
you know what... if the Indian team showed some 'discipline' and 'professionalism' then they wouldn't constantly need the BCCI to throw around their power in order to try get Indian players out of match bans.. if you do the crime, do the time! bunch of cry babies!
you know what... if the Indian team showed some 'discipline' and 'professionalism' then they wouldn't constantly need the BCCI to throw around their power in order to try get Indian players out of match bans.. if you do the crime, do the time! bunch of cry babies!
lol 'discipline' and 'professionalism' like Lee and Ponting i presume?

The BCCI is going about this the wrong way. Gambhir should be banned as this was his second offense. I think the problem people have is the perceived double standards when someone like Katich/Johnson visibly harass Indian players and nothing is done about it. The BCCI should focus their attention on these topics of trying to prevent incidents like this occuring so that you DON'T end up with players like Gambhir who resort to physical provocation. But the BCCI, nor the ICC see the bigger picture and are more focused on their stupid power/political struggles. I mean it's the height of stupidity when Johnson blatanly sledges Laxman who has done nothing to provoke it and when the umpire DOES step in and call up the captain about it, Ponting later says to the media well, Mitchell just had a go at him for what Laxman said in the paper? How childish and juvenile is that? When the umpire has made it clear that behaviour is not to be tolerated the captain just excuses it in front of the whole world? This is why the authorities of the umpires are being eroded away and you end up with situations getting out of hand.

:hatsoff::hatsoff::listen_dawg::listen_dawg::yay::nervous::omg::omg::omg:

you are the idiot here dude. I have seen Vijay play, over last 3 seasons. Just because Srikkanth is Chairman of selectors, does it mean he shouldn't select anyone from Chennai who has been performing excellently ? Vijay has a great FC record, has a great record for India A in tests, performed very well in recent challenger's trophy , got 580 runs last year in FC too, has got 6-7 hundreds this season in Ranji Onedayers, other games, Ranji etc, even yesterday, he got a 200...so what else you want ? This is just the 2nd cricketer from Chennai to come into the squad, and the FIRST player after Srikkanth took over and you say this is "regionalism"...what nonsense. Show me the record of who you think is a better candidate
I am surprised with ignorance.ICC ruled by a set of racist,especially against Asians.Either you will have Bckner or Procter.Even if an Indian sneezes ,he will be booked under imitating Monkey or something booked under racial slur and Ban.If the aussies call your mother's name or call you"B#####D '" ,is acceptable because they are aggressive.If Sachin wipe the ball it is ball tampering.If Athurton wipe it with saw dust from his pocket meant just dusting the ball.The ICC is ruled by shameful of B#####ds and our BCCI is ruled by set of boot licker.
The challenge is to BEAT THEM AT THE OWN GAME AND UNDER THEIR OWN RULES! We all know the bullsh*it...anyone on the receiving end knows the hypocrisy...they interpret it as they like and they are the judge...and thank you very much, uppity natives are not part of it.... It's okay. Do your worst. I am still going to beat you. And teach you how to behave...by example. That is the the correct answer. To those that oppress by one means or another.