Let's see what Dhoni is made of...

bunny

Even if we get 300 runs by the end of the day' date=' (even if we do that) then Australia can still easily win 300 from minimum of 90 overs is only 3 runs per over[/quote'] We need to set them a target of 320-330 and give them about 80 overs to chase it. On the 5th day pitch, I dont think they can get that. But right now I dont know where these extra 80 odd runs are going to come from.
It was a good innings but not that great. Ponting made a mess.
A great innings is not necessarily one with a lot of runs. A great innings is one played under pressure/difficult circumstances. To me, Dhoni played a great and instrumental innings at a time when we were cornered. One more wicket and we would have been struggling to even save the match. It was easy for Dhoni to get into a shell and slow down defending everything. But he kept the partnership at over 4 and by the time he got out, India was back in control. Great innings really.
A great innings is not necessarily one with a lot of runs. A great innings is one played under pressure/difficult circumstances. To me' date=' Dhoni played a great and instrumental innings at a time when we were cornered. One more wicket and we would have been struggling to even save the match. It was easy for Dhoni to get into a shell and slow down defending everything. But he kept the partnership at over 4 and by the time he got out, India was back in control. Great innings really.[/quote'] Where did I say that he didn't score enough runs. I just said that Ponting made a mess of tactics. Had he scored those runs against frontline bowlers I might have been tempted to call it a great innings.
Me and sachdan love cricket and indian cricket. If players start delivering for India then they will be taken to our hearts. Dhoni finally delivered in tests hence the praise. Well done maharaja dhoni:two_thumbs_up:
DOH! and you thought I didnt have the best interests of Indian Cricket at heart?