English side will be in total contrast to...

bunny

the Aussie side. They have a very good left arm seamer (Sidebottom), another good outswinger (Anderson/Broad) and two hit the deck bowlers who are coming back to form (Flintoff & Harmison). Add to that the spin of Panesar and the occassional slow seam/reverse swing of Collingwood. They have got a beautifully balanced attack. (A part time off spinner would have done wonders. Maybe Pietersen can fill in that role but not sure how far he has progressed, or maybe they might select Swann in one of the two tests). But, their batting looks crappy. Flintoff cannot play spin. Collingwood, Shah and Bell will struggle against Ishant, and Strauss and Cook will have a hard time against Zak. Pietersen is the only class act but even he struggles against reverse swing. It's going to be a really interesting series. It's a shame that it will be a 2-match series. (In fact if we have to reach the top of the test rankings we need to play lot more tests at home). Here are the stats from last time around: http://stats.cricinfo.com/indveng/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2709;type=series http://stats.cricinfo.com/indveng/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=2709;type=series

We will need a backbone in the middle order. As their new ball bowlers are much much better. Gambhir might have a hard time against Sidebottom. I think it's going to be a series with scores around the 350 region instead of the 400+ runs that we are seeing so regularly put up in this series. Bhajji will have to play a big role though. I still can't believe it's a 2 match series. Pathetic.

We will need a backbone in the middle order. As their new ball bowlers are much much better. Gambhir might have a hard time against Sidebottom. I think it's going to be a series with scores around the 350 region instead of the 400+ runs that we are seeing so regularly put up in this series. Bhajji will have to play a big role though. I still can't believe it's a 2 match series. Pathetic.
We have got bones and flesh in the wrong places. The middle order has got soft flesh in the back and the slip fielders have got only bones in the palm.