The ODI 11!!

Kartikey

Guest HariSampath

All fast bowlers would be rotated, over next 20 ODIs, irrespective of performance....current thinking is..5 fast bowlers play 3 games each ( continuous.....and later rotated )

dropped ? Sachin ? by Srikkanth ? mate you dont know what you are talking about !! Trust me, Cheeka is the LAST person who will ever even consider dropping Tendulkar from ANY team. In fact, I can tell you 2 things in absolute confidence. 1. Cheeka and Sachin are very very close, and share a completely transparent communication channel, Cheeka was Sachin's first ever International captain in 1989. I still remember Cheeka telling me " I want to give the kid confidence, I want him to know he will play all 4 tests in Pakistan irrespective of whether he gets a 100 or not. He is going to be around for a long time"....this was in 1989....and Sachin knows it, I think he even mentioned it somewhere ( print or tv, I am not sure) that Cheeka was his first Int'l captain and he was happy to break Lara's record and 12,000 runs when he was Chief Selector.
Are you a reporter or some ex-cricketer ?
Guest HariSampath
Are you a reporter or some ex-cricketer ?
Well, certainly not a reporter or "ex cricketer" if that means in the context of FC cricket etc. But to answer your question, Krish Srikkanth has been a close friend of mine for 27 years, even before he made his test debut in 1981...as he lives close to my home in Chennai, and we know each other very well. In fact , we may say that he is perhaps the only former Indian captain to have registered on ICF as a member and even gave an interview here.....I dont know where it is, obviously it didn't merit "article status", in the considered wisdom of other senior decision makers here :giggle:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/377061.html ODI squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj singh, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Munaf Patel, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, RP Singh, Virat Kohli, M Vijay.
This is a terrible squad with no reason whatsoever given why Irfan, Praveen and Badri have been dropped. What wrong did they do? And don't our seamers need rest after the gruelling test series against Australia? Zaheer and Ishant should have asked to be rested as well. Where on earth is Sreeshanth? Will he get fit only for the IPL next year?
Guest HariSampath
This is a terrible squad with no reason whatsoever given why Irfan, Praveen and Badri have been dropped. What wrong did they do? And don't our seamers need rest after the gruelling test series against Australia? Zaheer and Ishant should have asked to be rested as well. Where on earth is Sreeshanth? Will he get fit only for the IPL next year?
did you read about the BCCI news item that said fast bowlers are going be rotated for the ODI series ? Do you know that Sreesanth has not yet passed a fitness test by BCCI ? Did you see the way Irfan bowl in Challengers series ? Do you realise that its better to play our best bowlers Ishant and Zak for the first 3 ODIs , to gain series advantage , and THEN rest them ? Dont you realise its better they play 2-3 ODI games, then take a longer rest for the more important tests coming, rather than play the last 3 ODIs and go directly into tests ? Did you see what Vijay and Badri did in Challenger's trophy ? how is this a "terrible" squad ?