The ODI 11!!

Kartikey

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/377061.html Sachin Tendulkar has been rested for the first three ODIs of the seven-match series against England starting November 14. S Badrinath, who made his ODI debut in Sri Lanka, has been left out and Yusuf Pathan instead makes his return to the squad. M Vijay, who is likely to make his Test debut in Nagpur on Thursday, got an ODI call-up a day after his Test call-up Tendulkar had requested the selectors to exclude him from the squad to avoid burn-out. "Considering the hectic schedule ahead and the amount of cricket he has already played this season, Sachin Tendulkar requested that he be rested for the first three ODIs," N Srinivasan, the BCCI secretary, said. An elbow injury had forced Tendulkar out of the ODIs in Sri Lanka, where Badrinath replaced him. Tendulkar hasn't played an ODI since the CB Series in Australia in March this year. ODI squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj singh, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Munaf Patel, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, RP Singh, Virat Kohli, M Vijay.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/377061.html Tendulkar had requested the selectors to exclude him from the squad to avoid burn-out. "Considering the hectic schedule ahead and the amount of cricket he has already played this season, Sachin Tendulkar requested that he be rested for the first three ODIs," N Srinivasan, the BCCI secretary, said. .
I somehow dont believe that.
Guest HariSampath

Sachin has in fact decided to take a brief break. He is very likely to return for the ODIs from the 4th game. Actually it makes sense. Sachin will be reducing his ODI workload by almost 50% and his test match load by 25% , every year. He has to do this for 2 reasons :His form to be very good, as well as preserve himself over a longer time by preventing injuries and burnout.

Guest HariSampath
Rested or Dropped?
dropped ? Sachin ? by Srikkanth ? mate you dont know what you are talking about !! Trust me, Cheeka is the LAST person who will ever even consider dropping Tendulkar from ANY team. In fact, I can tell you 2 things in absolute confidence. 1. Cheeka and Sachin are very very close, and share a completely transparent communication channel, Cheeka was Sachin's first ever International captain in 1989. I still remember Cheeka telling me " I want to give the kid confidence, I want him to know he will play all 4 tests in Pakistan irrespective of whether he gets a 100 or not. He is going to be around for a long time"....this was in 1989....and Sachin knows it, I think he even mentioned it somewhere ( print or tv, I am not sure) that Cheeka was his first Int'l captain and he was happy to break Lara's record and 12,000 runs when he was Chief Selector. 2. Cheeka , more than anyone else , wants Sachin to play the 2011 WC...it is a publicly recorded fact that Sachin has an ambition of winning a WC for India, and it is also a publicly recorded fact that Cheeka too wants India to win WC , what they havent achieved since 1983.....when he is Chairman of selectors, and Cheeka has been stating publicly that he wants Sachin to play on till 2011 WC, as it is his own ambition that India regain the WC , which we won last when he played in 1983. In the light of the above, dont you think it is natural that Cheeka will discuss how best to extend Sachin's career till WC 2011, and co-operate with Sachin in making it possible, as long as Sachin delivers whenever he plays for India. It is natural that Cheeka and Sachin pick and choose games per year , that Sachin plays, so that this becomes possible. On another note, Cheeka is the only Indian captain to have ever dropped Sachin from an Indian playing 11, in 1989 and he certainly hopes , that doesnt ever happen again , at least to hold on to that record :eyedance: