ECB in the line of fire

King

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) faces a potential players’ revolt after failing to strike a deal for them in the Indian Premier League (IPL). According to media reports here, the deadlock might result in Kevin Pietersen and his men refusing to sign their central contracts. ECB chairman David Collier and CEO Giles Clarke returned last night after a round of failed talks with IPL chairman Lalit Modi, much to the frustration of the players, who sare keen to take part in the cash-rich league. "If the players are denied the chance to play in the IPL, then Clarke is going to feel their wrath, no question," an agent, who represents some top players in the side, was quoted as saying in The Daily Mail. "Clarke seems to be playing hardball with Modi when he has no bullets to fire. He has been backed into a terrible corner," he added. The IPL has made it clear that England's players would be welcome only if they commit to a substantial number of games and not the 15 days that the ECB is offering. "There is no sense in England players playing in the IPL for just two weeks," Modi has insisted all along. Collier and Clarke were in Mumbai on Sunday working to end the deadlock but nothing worthwhile came out of the talks and the participation of the English players in next April's Indian Premier League looks highly unlikely. The newspaper said IPL and ECB officials could talk again in the coming couple of weeks but with the wait getting longer by the day for players, it is likely that may try some arm-twisting tactics of their by refusing to sign central contracts.

So much for Standford taking the sheen off IPL. Stanford was a failure and now the England players want to have a go at IPL. I don't reckon there will not be many picked from England for IPL anyways. They are not sought after players for Twenty20. They don't have the star value either. Other than KP and Freddi I can't see many being picked from England. ECB should just let it go, there won't be too many invited to play for IPL anyways.

So much for Standford taking the sheen off IPL. Stanford was a failure and now the England players want to have a go at IPL. I don't reckon there will not be many picked from England for IPL anyways. They are not sought after players for Twenty20. They don't have the star value either. Other than KP and Freddi I can't see many being picked from England. ECB should just let it go' date= there won't be too many invited to play for IPL anyways.
I agree with that statement, KP and Frederick have star value and are huge hitters so they will be sought after but I cant see any of the other players getting big money. If Monty was a batsman, then maybe he would have been up there.
what abt Sidebottom?
He's not a star :winky: England didn't even pick him for Stanford I think so obviously India is not going to queue up to sign him. He could be worth $20000 for a season and he would be paid way more than that in County. Why would he not play county? I've been told someone like Hick and Ramprakash are on 200000 pounds a season salary. They would be paid way less in IPL. At worse few young ones that aren't paid too well in county will be picked up by IPL and that isn't a bad thing considering they won't get enough to play in UK given the wet weather.
He's not a star :winky: England didn't even pick him for Stanford I think so obviously India is not going to queue up to sign him. He could be worth $20000 for a season and he would be paid way more than that in County. Why would he not play county? I've been told someone like Hick and Ramprakash are on 200000 pounds a season salary. They would be paid way less in IPL. At worse few young ones that aren't paid too well in county will be picked up by IPL and that isn't a bad thing considering they won't get enough to play in UK given the wet weather.
He is the best English batsman there is. Period. They could have done better in Sri Lanka last year had they taken him. I don't like many English players but Ramps is simply awesome. His salary should be more than that. Although Ramprakash did take part in Strictly Come Dancing last yera and won that so im guessing he got a few more ££££.