Where should Sachin bat?

SachDan

Raina may be the casualty here.Every time Srikkanth speaks very highly of Rohit and he will be given couple of matches atleast before dropping him.
he looked good today.played somestunning strokes b4 getting out.much more talented than raina.so he shall be played if we chose to play 7 batsmen

raina deserves to be in the XI. he has done well recently, except for the past two matches. plus, his fielding :omg::omg::omg: rohit sharma, on the other, well, i am surprised he's still in the team. they're doing him more harm then good. sure has the talent, but not ready yet. 1 or 2 more seasons in domesitcs/list-a

sachin should open. He is the greatest odi opener ever' date= also gambhir has done well at 3 before and will have no probs adapting
not only greatest ODI opener.Greatest ODI batsman, Greatest ODI player, Best batsman of his generation and undoubtedly among the best three batsmen of all time and wat not ?? :yay::yay::yay:

the captain speaks: http://cricketnext.in.com/news/tendulkar-to-open-with-sehwag-says-dhoni/35845-13.html Bangalore: Despite the Delhi pair of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir forming a formidable opening pair in both Tests and One-Dayers, Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni prefers to open the batting with Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag for the fourth match against England at the Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday. "Though, we will be announcing the playing eleven only tomorrow, I can say that Sachin in all probability will open the batting with Viru (Sehwag) and Gautam (Gambhir) will come at number three. We have to make way for a batsman of Sachin's class but who will sit out here is yet to be decided," Dhoni said in the pre-match press conference on Saturday. "It is always a pleasure to have Sachin back in the side as there is so much the youngsters can learn from him. He would always be a source of inspiration for the team and I am sure the youngsters will gain immensely by playing with him as long as he plays for the country. In fact Sachin knows about his body the best and I am sure he will continue to play as long as he feels fit," Dhoni added. "As of now Sachin is playing. We have got to see which player is coming and make way. The upcoming players can learn from him a lot and get maximum benefit out of him," he pointed out. When asked whether Sachin had any problem bowling in One-Day matches as he used to before a string of injuries to his elbow and back reduced his role as a bowler, Dhoni replied in the negative. "Sachin can bowl and there is no problem whatsoever. He is quite open to that and I would not hesitate to use him as he has won us matches in the past," he added. Speaking about the fourth One-Dayer, Dhoni said, the unexpected rain in the afternoon had them worried about the preparations for Sunday's match as they had to start from the scratch and make sure that the series is won right here. We have got to start allover again despite leading the series 3-0 as it is a new game and we would like to wrap it up here. I am not too concerned about the margin of victory as long as we win the series. Whether we win 7-0, 4-3 or 5-2 is not important. But if we win tomorrow, I would like to rest some of my players who have been playing continuously for some time," he observed. "To be a successful team, we have to plan and then execute it on the field. As a team, things have fallen well in place but we need to continue in the same vein. I think the bulk of work has been done by spinners, especially Harbhajan Singh and the part timers Yuvraj, Sehwag and Yusuf (Pathan) but the seamers too have contributed to our success and hope they will continue to do so," he added. When asked whether he was planning to rest one of the bowling spearhead Zaheer Khan during the series, Dhoni said, he was seriously thinking about it and would do so only after winning the series. "Yes, I have thought about it (resting Zaheer) as the seamers should get proper rest to regain their rhythm. However, we will think about it only after winning the series. As of now I am satisfied with the way things are going for the team," the wicketkeeper-batsman said. Speaking about the wicket and was he prepared for another Duckworth-Lewis Method result, Dhoni said, the wicket was bit damp after the unseasonal rain but had not thought about the Duckworth-Lewis Method as yet. "The wicket looks very damp right now and we can come to know the true nature of it only tomorrow as far as the Duckworth-Lewis Method is concerned I have not even thought about it. I think if the match is curtailed due to more rains tomorrow, batting is a better option. However, it is hard to plan for such things right now," he said.

Id play Sehwag at 5 and open with GG, SRT GG, SRT, SR, YS, VS, MSD, etc Can you imagine Yuv, Viru then MSD with a solid platform.
Support this. Especially with 5 overs of PP in the batting team's hands, VS can still make use of the powerplay. In the long run though I'd like to see Vijay or RS or Badri replacing Raina.