World Cup 2011 : Who are 100% certain to play ?

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
Sachin will definitely be there.
Oh yes, he may be there watching games in Mumbai, but the idea here is to say 100% for sure someone will play. With sachin its not certain, he will be 38 years old, and may or may not be fit enough, may have already retired a season back, and who knows, he may have even decided to just retire from ODIs and be a test player then. From all these perspectives, we can best assume Dhoni, Sehwag, Gambhir Yuvraj, Ishant, Zak and Bhajji are the players within age range, experienced enough and most likely to be core team.
Guest HariSampath
My Team [amits mode] SRT Wasim Jaffer Ajinkya Rahane Sahil Kukreja Rohit Sharma Abhishek Nayar MSD Ajit Agarkar (All rounder) Ramesh Powar Dhawal Kulkarni Nilesh Kulkarni (Come back from reitrement !!!) [/amits]
I think you are being very unfair to Vinod Kambli and Amol Muzumdar...after all the best coach the game of cricket has seen , Achrekar coached them . And these two should certainly be there for the wc finals in Shivaji park :giggle: [amits] coach Achrekar. Asst coach Lalu Prasad Rajput . Chief guest for presentation Bal Thackray, Official language for wc 2001 : Marathi / amits ]
I think you are being very unfair to Vinod Kambli and Amol Muzumdar...after all the best coach the game of cricket has seen , Achrekar coached them . And these two should certainly be there for the wc finals in Shivaji park :giggle: [amits] coach Achrekar. Asst coach Lalu Prasad Rajput . Chief guest for presentation Bal Raj Thackray, Official language for wc 2001 : Marathi / amits ]
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sachin wants to win the world cup in 2011 desperately. he feels that is one thing he really needs to win for India. Gavaskar and Srikkanth also were pushing him towards that goal. if he takes a break from one day cricket every once in a while, picking and choosing his matches, then he has every chance to play till 2011. plz dont bury me,but i feel his sponsors too would be pushing him for that, after all those crores of billing they hope for in the next 3 years thru his endorsements. if he is rested enough, it will allow other batsmen to be tested in his absence and they can earn their place. by the way, Yousuf pathan can be the next kapil dev, not necessarily a fast bowling all rounder but a spinner who can bat and score quickly. I have immense faith in Rohit sharma, he will be the next great batsman from Mumbai.he may fail after scoring 20's and 30's now. but he is by far the best young bat in india.dont just go by the tons of runs scored in domestic cricket. at least we in ICF know something about technique and temperament than merely looking at numbers.

Guest HariSampath
plz dont bury me,but i feel his sponsors too would be pushing him for that, after all those crores of billing they hope for in the next 3 years thru his endorsements.
spot on...the idea for the sponsors is try to keep him on tv and in the team as long as possible....and WC is too big an event to miss out on sponsorship with Sachin playing Dont think Srikkanth is unaware of this...he is, perfectly...who knows......:winky: :giggle:
Sachin wants to win the world cup in 2011 desperately. he feels that is one thing he really needs to win for India. Gavaskar and Srikkanth also were pushing him towards that goal. if he takes a break from one day cricket every once in a while, picking and choosing his matches, then he has every chance to play till 2011. plz dont bury me,but i feel his sponsors too would be pushing him for that, after all those crores of billing they hope for in the next 3 years thru his endorsements. if he is rested enough, it will allow other batsmen to be tested in his absence and they can earn their place. by the way, Yousuf pathan can be the next kapil dev, not necessarily a fast bowling all rounder but a spinner who can bat and score quickly. I have immense faith in Rohit sharma, he will be the next great batsman from Mumbai.he may fail after scoring 20's and 30's now. but he is by far the best young bat in india.dont just go by the tons of runs scored in domestic cricket. at least we in ICF know something about technique and temperament than merely looking at numbers.
I dont think BCCI can find any batsman who can take Sachin's place as long as he is in form. Does not matter how good a batsman is, Sachin will remain miles ahead and will have a place guaranteed in the team whenever he wishes to play. Yes, he himself, Sunny and Srikanth and of course we all want to see him bring the WC back home in 2011. And I am sure he will be around and in top form. I hope he does that because that is the only thing lacking in his amazing career.
I dont think BCCI can find any batsman who can take Sachin's place as long as he is in form. Does not matter how good a batsman is, Sachin will remain miles ahead and will have a place guaranteed in the team whenever he wishes to play. Yes, he himself, Sunny and Srikanth and of course we all want to see him bring the WC back home in 2011. And I am sure he will be around and in top form. I hope he does that because that is the only thing lacking in his amazing career.
Agree with you. I am not talking about a 'replacement' for Sachin as yet. what i was discussing was , a learning experience for the team, where they would have to win with out his presence, from tough situations. this team is much better than the team of early to late 90's which most of the time fell with sachin. even recently, Mahela mentioned in SL that, v used to give up easily earlier, now v dont give up with out a stiff fight and some time we win while giving fight from tough scenarios, this indian team gives up a bit easily. hope they improve in this aspect". i wish our team learns from kitply final and asia cup final losses and become stronger so that even if sachin fails in a couple of matches in World cup, the rest of the team stands up and win us the cup!
as we found out with irfan' date=' 3 years is a long time.atm,ishant is our best fast bowler,but cant say thathe'll play 2011 fo sure[/quote'] I think to avoid that happening we need to make sure that there isnt a Chappel around in the Indian camp telling Ishy that he can be our next Kapil dev !!!