Caption this

Guest Hiten.

Did you watch the press conference post the Multan win in 2004 ? Or the ruckus that was created when Dravid had to apologize to SRT and inform the media that he had settled the matter with SRT after the latter openly expressed his disappointment on missing a double ton ..and this was on a day where India's historic win should be the only thing celebrated and discussed. When you can only see things one way - everything else will seem pointless to you.
For the last ****ing time, stop twisting quotes to suit your needs. Tendulkar did mention he was DISAPPOINTED on missing out a double ton against Pakistan. What is wrong with that ? ANYONE would have been disappointed on missing out on a double ton against your ARCH RIVALS in their own backyard. Agreed ? Or am I just worshipping too much again ?

There are two different press conferences you are referring to, one at the end of the 2nd day (when he said that it was disappointing that he missed out on a doulbe-century) and one at the end of the 4th day (when the game finished, and both Rahul and Sachin attested to the fact that everything had been worked out behind the scenes in the dressing room, and nothing else should be made of the matter). As far as the former press meet goes, he was asked if he was disappointed to miss out on a double hundred, and he said yes because it was only the 2nd day. I dont know how you see an unhealthy obsession with a triple figure number from this conversation, but you cannot claim any moral superiority by calling me a "one-eyed" person. Because if I can only see things one way, then it is the same with you - except it is looking in the opposite direction. And I still dont think I'm as narrowminded and obsessed about putting down legends of the game. You still believe that he got a man of the series award in the '99 tour because of commercial interests. Nothing else can be said to help you look at things from a bigger perspective (such as how McGrath, Warne, and Gillespie had < 25-26 bowling averages, and were bowling on home pitches, and how the opposite team mates had to face only Agarkar and Kumble, whose averages were hovering towards 30). And Sachin was 3rd on the highest run getters list. But when such explanations escape your attention in your quest to nullify all his accomplishments as a player and cricketer, you cannot claim anyone else of biased vision.

First to celebrate Bradman's milestones ? WTF..should I do that, I don't think I have ever even typed Bradman on this forum. Sehwag..is a selfless player..who deserves all the records that he gets. You can't point fingers at someone who achieves milestones with high risk shots.
Or can you?? Maybe he is doing it to show off, taking unnecessary risks to look good without thinking about the match situation or what is good for the team? (Not criticising Sehwag in any way, but showing this idiot, any act can be looked at as selfish)
For the last ****ing time, stop twisting quotes to suit your needs. Tendulkar did mention he was DISAPPOINTED on missing out a double ton against Pakistan. What is wrong with that ? ANYONE would have been disappointed on missing out on a double ton against your ARCH RIVALS in their own backyard. Agreed ? Or am I just worshipping too much again ?
And for the last ****ing time. When you pretend to sleep, nothing can wake you up. http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/255244.html
Tendulkar, batting on 194 in the first Test against Pakistan, left no one in doubt that "he felt let down", Wright said in his just-published book John Wright's Indian Summers, disclosing for the first time the tense moments the Indian camp went through although publicly every effort had been made at that time to play down the controversy. Acknowledging that the team managament had a "hot potato on our hands", Wright said he spent a sleepless night whereas captain Sourav Ganguly, who missed the Test because of an injury, was worried that the issue would snowball and end up dividing the team. "I talked to Dravid, who agreed that he had to have a chat with Tendulkar before things got out of hand.
This is from an utterly honest and respected man - No twist here, as much as you try to accuse me of. If you are blind enough not to find this damning enough...than don't bother. One man's quest for personal landmarks threatning to divide a team , coach having a sleepless night for the wrong reason, captain has to apologize. Fantastic.
Sleepless night not because of Sachin himself but how the media would play it up. How the former players would be ascending in TV studios and fanning the fire. And how the whole media circus would distract the team from its goal of winning the series. FWIW, the declaration WAS controversial and Sachin was the perfect team man in preempting what could have been a devastating controversy. Dravid and Sachin both were very mature. Patriot, not so much.
Really ? And did Sachin have to feed the media about how disappointed he was and allowing them to create the controversy. Was it so hard to say that he was more happy to see INdia registering their first test victory on Pak soil and thats what mattered most. How mature of him.
Really ? And did Sachin have to feed the media about how disappointed he was and allowing them to create the controversy. Was it so hard to say that he was more happy to see INdia registering their first test victory on Pak soil and thats what mattered most. How mature of him.
He was asked how he felt. What else should he have said? How can anyone not feel disappointed having got so close
It's obvious either patriot has not read the book or is trolling again - the team was worried about how the media would play up the 'disappointed' quote and result in a huge controversy not needed at that time in the test.
Right. The team was worried ... And..... dividing the team ? And these as different as chalk and cheese. John Wright mentions the latter. You will obviously choose to interpret it the way you want it, as obvious as it appears.
Right. The team was worried ... And..... dividing the team ? And these as different as chalk and cheese. John Wright mentions the latter. You will obviously choose to interpret it the way you want it' date=' as obvious as it appears.[/quote'] Comments ? It's so funny how patriot has jumped from topic to topic without making any solid grounds on his earlier rant. It all started with "Srt giving his piece of mind" to "marathi lobby" to "GG sacrificed because of SRT" and now "the dreaded 194 "disappointment" " I thought I would never say this, but a paki troll could do better than you
Honestly. Not. But isn't the term dividing the team so obvious and direct ?
Just like how you extracted SRT "giving piece of his mind to KKD" from a what-looks-like-a-normal-discussion snap to some (heck most of em).
Honestly. Not. But isn't the term dividing the team so obvious and direct ?
Here is a brief synopsis of that passage in the book : After the declaration, India immediately went on to the field obviously and no one could really ascertain how Tendulkar felt about the declaration. And in the press conference, Tendulkar said he was disappointed on missing out on the double hundred. Till this stage the matter had not been discussed between Wright, Ganguly, Dravid, or Tendulkar. But Wright felt that the media would spare no opportunity to make a huge story about this even if Tendulkar did not harbor any ill feelings, of which he was not sure either at that stage because no one had really spoken with Tendulkar about it till then. He had a talk with Dravid about it who readily agreed to speak with Tendulkar and went to his hotel room after dinner and sorted it out like two mature individuals. The conference at the end of the match was needed to wrap things up for good. If you don't believe me, feel free to read the book. I would have lent it to you but have it away in one of the Superselector prizes, but I am sure someone who has read it can easily vouch that the above summary is pretty accurate.
I see that patriot is yet to acknowledge that clip. My earlier impression of patriot was that he was an honest critic of SRT who criticised his failures and acknowledged his successes. But now I have come to the conclusion that SRT has caused some irreparable mental damage to patriot at some or multiple stages of his life. Maybe patriot had a lot of money riding on a Tendulkar knock/match which did not go his way. Or maybe he spotted Sachin while having gola on Juhu beach and ran after his car screeching his name but the car sped away leaving poor patriot with gola dripping all over him. His rapid obsession with Sachin is worrying. I propose the resident ICF doctor psychoanalyse and treat him until All izz well. :dance: