M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

DomainK

Day night game. there would be lot of swing if the weather continues to be like this tomorrow- overcast.gloomy. may be england would be lucky with the toss and send india in?
would be a lot more swing under lights.india wont mind batting first
Day night game. there would be lot of swing if the weather continues to be like this tomorrow- overcast.gloomy. may be england would be lucky with the toss and send india in?
Dude, not to fear we have bowlers for all conditons, swinging, pacy, flat, u name it we have it !!! I hope we have some favourable odds in the betting section, i think i once saw 1/200 for India !!!
india will win this one day also.........i dont think thr is mch chance for england........if they wud win then definitely it wud be th 6th or 7th odi where india will do sm experiments...........lets see
if they win the toss,they certainly have the chance.conditions are conducive to swing,eng relies on swing.but then there is SRT.
traffic in bangalore right now is bad on week days.the Metro construction is going on and arterial roads are dug up. there is no question of going to the stadium to watch the match tomorrow. i prefer the comfort of my dhiwan. but i had postponed a trip to my native place because of the match' date=' so i went to check out whether there would be play on time tomorrow. [b']my ex.colleague's father in law's own brother is the curator. just called my friend to check the status.he offered me a ticket:--D
hai Hari

Though England have a 100% record at Bangalore, their most recent win was back in '93. So, one can't read much into it. That was also my first ODI at the Chinnaswamy stadium and I remember it vivdly. A neighbour had an extra ticket and I begged/pleaded/convinced him that I'm the man for that ticket. Luckily, this guy could not get a day off on the match day. So, his ticket was taken by my bro! We spent a few days preparing for the game - mainly scratching our heads off over the slogans to attract the then-new TWI cameras. I also managed to borrow a bugle from the friendly PT master at school:cantstop: (which became a tradition for the rest of that decade). On the day before the game, we sneaked into the stadium to get a glimpse of the cricketers. Dermot Reeve and a few other players seemed happy to interact with the fans, while some others like Alex Stewart weren't. We spent most part of the day dodging the cops who were chasing us from one stand to the next. As the team buses headed out to the hotel, a few of us tailed the English bus in our bikes shouting out slogans :cantstop: We got to the stadium very early on the match day and got hold of a prime spot in the members' guests area (Next to the erstwhile TVS stand), which was full of benches. To our luck, a gent near us had brought a Dhol along (not very common down in B'lore). So, we had a fabulous time with music & dance. Srinath got a five wicket haul and at lunch-time, we were quite confident that the total will be overhauled easily by Sachin, Azhar, Sidhu and new sensation, Vinod Kambli. But, it wasn't to be and we crashed to a pretty tame defeat. Later that evening, we learnt about the duplicate tickets that had flooded the market. Apparently, a few thousand duplicate tickets resulted in too many people showing up at the gates and lots of genuine ticket holders faced a lathi charge before the start of the game since the ground was packed beyond full capacity. If we had arrived late, we would have faced the same treatment..phew. I heard that there were lathi charges earlier this week to drive out folks camping overnight at the ticket-booths prior to the morning of the ticket sales. In 15 years, nothing seems to have changed at KSCA:winky:...just kidding. The stadium is a much better sight now with the Eastern terrace and has improved overall in comfort. Some of you have suggested, Bangalore has lost it's happy hunting ground status. But, I guess we are still doing ok in the ODIs. Between the '93 England ODI and now, we have lost only a couple of matches - against Pakistan in '99 and Aussies in '03, whilst winning a few memorable duels against Pakistan (WC Quarters), Australia (Kumble/Srinath effort), New Zealand (Destruction of Heath Davis's career) etc Hope the series win is achieved tomorrow! I spoke with my brother a few hours ago - apparently the weather's still cloudy + chilly. The toss will definitely be crucial! I wish I was there.