MSD to resign as Captain if RP dropped.

I am sure that was Shatrughan Sinha :hehe: He had once famously said that Laloo was corrupt but could get the work done, unlike other politicians who were not corrupt but couldnt get job done. You would be surprised as to how many people actually do beleive in that line of thought. Heck that is how Chinese are perceived in the West, a thoroughly corrupt and dictatorial regime but a group of corrupt politicians who can get things done without getting caught up in the Democratic malarky.
lol.... No, Shatrughan Sinha is not my friend. I dont have any friends in Indian politics.:D But my friend must have come from the Shatru school of thinking.:D

I didnt know YK was IKs HALF Bro Surely as far as the team is concerned RPS should not be in the XI and if not in the XI then not in the squad. MSD is right he needs his rhythm, but you cant look for rhyhm and be tonked around in the process in international cricket! Let him go back to Ranji bowl lots of overs and come back to his best. The other point is Irfan has been bowling well in the few Ranji matches thus far. It would have come down to him or Praveen I imagine. Its a bit unfair of Dhoni as Irfan has done more than enough in his international career, let alone the current Ranji season, to be given this op.

I had a friend from Bihar who once said "Corruption is a great thing. Ganguly got selected because of corruption. So we should be grateful to those who are corrupt." You sound a lot like him.
Not really. One is against the law the other isn't. If corruption were legal I would agree with the above statement if I were a Ganguly fan. This is not a national security issue for crying out loud. Some juicy discussion that went on in the selection meetings became public and everyone is so outraged. I don't see the big deal.
Dhoni has played Irfan's half brother YK in 3 consecutive matches, including the current one at Guwahati and gave YK a free reign.
Hmmm.. interesting. Sometime last year, I had checked everything on the net specifically for this (because of an anomaly in the DoBs of the two) but didn't find any. All the news sources that say so now seem to be from 2008. Can't remember seeing anywhere that Pathans' father was married twice. There was a documentary in Star Cricket even the other day about IKP where they interviewed their parents and all. Maybe, YKP's mother is no more ? Addition : The sources still call Shamim Bano the "mother of Irfan and Yousuf". Having the same mother but different father is unlikely, isn't it ?
http://i3j3cricket.wordpress.com/ As Dhoni himself said, “This is the pinnacle of the sport. We are selecting 15 guys for the Indian team. There will be debates inside, and that information should not be put out in the media. If it is meant to come out, then I can say we might as well have the whole meeting telecast live on television. Nobody knows what was discussed except the eight guys in the meeting. And only they know whether it’s the truth or not.” It is alleged that Dhoni said, “Sir Caaptani bhi dete ho aur baat bhi nahin sunte. To caaptani ka kya faayda?” (“Sir you’ve made me captain, but do not wish to listen to me? So what’s the use of this captaincy?”) Note that he hasn’t actually said, “If you do not back R. P. Singh, I will resign”, as has been commonly reported by the “braying mediocrity” (the press) here, in India. It is more of a rhetorical question and I think it is a fair question to ask in the context of a selection debate.
That bastard should be found out and publicly humiliated.
precisely :listen_dawg:
I suppose BCCI agree with you: Stern warning from BCCI to selectors: No more leaks Sunday, 23 November , 2008, 16:21 Last Updated: Sunday, 23 November , 2008, 16:22 New Delhi: The Indian cricket board has warned the selectors against passing information about team selection to the media, a day after skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni's threat to resign during one of the meetings was leaked. "The selectors have been pulled up and categorically told to ensure that selection matters and whatever transpires in the meeting is not leaked out to the media," a top BCCI source said. "The top brass of the BCCI have viewed this matter very seriously and want that such things should not happen again," the source added. On Saturday, reports began to circulate that Dhoni had threatened to resign as captain after he failed to ensure that bowler RP Singh was retained in the side for the fourth and fifth ODIs. Livid as he was with the reports, Dhoni did little to dampen the speculation surrounding the resignation threat when he said that "something or the other leaks out". Dhoni apparently wanted RP Singh, who gave away 49 runs without taking a wicket in the second ODI after which he was dropped, but the selectors opted for Irfan Pathan. "I don't know from where the reports came from. What happens inside while the selectors and the captains are there, if it comes out, it is disgusting, it's disrespecting. Things like these should not happen," Dhoni said. "We will have debates inside and things like this should not come out. I think if they are supposed to come out, it's better we have a live television out there ...nobody should know apart from the eight guys who are sitting down," he fumed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Otherwise Rajaraman has also suggested a solution: Dhoni episode exposes BCCI claims on leaks It is tough to hazard a guess now on what makes India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni more angry – the selection of Irfan Pathan over RP Singh for two one-day internationals against England in Bangalore and Cuttack or the fact that his differences with the selectors have been leaked to the media? The truth is known only to eight men -- five selectors, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, coach Gary Kirsten and BCCI Secretary N Srinivasan in his capacity as Convenor of the committee. Ostensibly, one of them has 'leaked' information that the captain was angry that the selectors suggested that RP Singh be dropped and Irfan Pathan included in his place. Of course, RP Singh bowled a total of nine overs in the first two games against England at Rajkot and Indore and gave away 74 runs while picking a wicket. He made way for Ishant Sharma in the third game and was dropped from the squad when the selectors met after the third game in Kanpur. Two days later, after a Bengali daily reported that Dhoni wanted to quit as captain when the selectors insisted on making the change, the India captain spoke of how disgusting and disrespectful it was for someone to leak critical information from the meeting. It was easy to visualise a scenario like this because it has happened before. A number of captains, coaches and selectors – characters in the selection drama, in a manner of speaking – have chosen to tip off their friends in the media. Quite obviously, the media loves such leaks and has a field day, often forgetting that it is often being used to 'plant' stories that suit them. I believe that much of the speculation would have been stifled had BCCI let Srikkanth speak for the Selectors and offer some insight into the changes. It is important for the media and the cricket fans – stakeholders of the game, after all – to understand the thinking behind such changes rather than be left to grapple for understanding on their own. Of course, as Dhoni says – and his predecessors have said before – what is said within the meeting must stay within the mindspace of those attending the meeting. And, of course, it would be easier if the Board were to put out a media release with some quotes from the Chairman of Selectors on key changes made in a squad. It would have been simple for the BCCI to put out a media release quoting the Chairman of Selectors K Srikkanth on the changes made for the two one-day games. M Vijay was sent back to facilitate Sachin Tendulkar's return while RP Singh was dropped and Irfan Pathan roped in one more time. I remember seeking out BCCI Secretary N Srinivasan during the Nagpur Test against Australia and trying to convince him that the Board must adopt a better policy in sharing selection issues with the media. At the end of a selection meeting, the Board Secretary just reads out the names picked for a team. No other information is shared. Srinivasan was quite clear – adamant, I dare say – that the BCCI would not change the policy. "One of the things that the Board President Shashank Manohar and I have ensured is that there shall be no leaks from selection meetings," he said. "We do not owe any explanation to the media on why a player has been chosen or left out. It is not our mandate to educate the media." The episode has exposed the myth that the BCCI can plug leaks. It has only highlighted that the leaks will continue because hungry, competitive media outlets have not been given access to some basic information. In the absence of a joint communication from the group that chose the team for the fourth and fifth games, mediapersons dug for information – and one struck gold. I hope BCCI will not continue in denial mode and will make the necessary changes to its approach to communicating on key issues with the media. As for the captain, perhaps it is time to simply say: "Welcome to the hotseat, Mr Mahendra Singh Dhoni." It has been quite a comfortable ride so far but the seeds of distrust sown now can make the road ahead a tad bumpy. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- If selectors or BCCI offer the fans/media the explanation and reasoning behind every selection and players being dropped, I suppose speculations will stop and hence rumour mongers will have nothing to create controversy about, as long as selection goes. But BCCI will never listen to this.
If selectors or BCCI offer the fans/media the explanation and reasoning behind every selection and players being dropped, I suppose speculations will stop and hence rumour mongers will have nothing to create controversy about, as long as selection goes. But BCCI will never listen to this.
Can't understand how explaining the reasons could have avoided the current controversy.
Can't understand how explaining the reasons could have avoided the current controversy.
Most of the controversies start because the media/public want to know the inside news and when they do not get it straightaway, many media outlets start having 'close' or 'reliable' sources to give them that news which can be snowballed into a controversy for gossip. If the selectors will explain why RPS was dropped and why was Pathan chosen in his place, I don't think there will not be much scope of speculations for the rumour mongers.
Srinivasan was quite clear – adamant, I dare say – that the BCCI would not change the policy. "One of the things that the Board President Shashank Manohar and I have ensured is that there shall be no leaks from selection meetings," he said. "We do not owe any explanation to the media on why a player has been chosen or left out. It is not our mandate to educate the media." -------------------------------------------------------------------------- If selectors or BCCI offer the fans/media the explanation and reasoning behind every selection and players being dropped, I suppose speculations will stop and hence rumour mongers will have nothing to create controversy about, as long as selection goes. But BCCI will never listen to this.
BCCI and Srinivasan/Shashank being as bull-headed as ever
Most of the controversies start because the media/public want to know the inside news and when they do not get it straightaway' date=' many media outlets start having 'close' or 'reliable' sources to give them that news which can be snowballed into a controversy for gossip. [b']If the selectors will explain why RPS was dropped and why was Pathan chosen in his place, I don't think there will not be much scope of speculations for the rumour mongers.
this has to be the naivest stmt i have read of late..

selectors should be asked to hold a press conference after each selection committe meeting which announces any new team and explain their decision and answer media questions. this way there is no need for leaks and the fans (via the media) will get to know the reason behind certain selections. don't see what is wrong in being open. we are not a "red" society.

selectors should be asked to hold a press conference after each selection committe meeting which announces any new team and explain their decision and answer media questions. this way there is no need for leaks and the fans (via the media) will get to know the reason behind certain selections. don't see what is wrong in being open. we are not a "red" society.
:two_thumbs_up: They owe that much to the fans.