Feel sorry for KP and England

zubinpepsi

So England had less power plays but let's not forget that they also had no restrictions on their bowlers. Guys like Freddie bowled 6 overs so KP had full use so it evens out. And the way our front line bowlers bowled today even if England had full powerplays we would have seen our fast bowlers bowl for longer and tie them down.

this is totally unfair.... they get only 8 overs of PP whereas we had 17 overs.... and inspite of that their target is raised to 198... i feel very sorry for KP.. hes a nice bloke.. and if it were the ozzies.. i wud have bene jumping up and down out of joy..... but now i can only feel sorry for this KP and his team.. his team is so weak tht they cant even chase 150 runs in 22 overs.. let alone 198.. but well played KP.........:hatsoff:
not sure whether we had 17 overs of power play.15 may be.i may be wrong because i was in the ground and did not notice.
u said u wont go! :nono:
in the end, the temptation won. it was 2250 ticket-corporate box-gate 6, box #76.free. hi tea - bangalore shtyle-Bisi bele bath+ curd rice+pickle+sweet was provided at 8.pm. wife not talking with me till now for ditching on a sun day.may have to spend more than 2250 by way of gift to wife:--D

i dont know whether they showed it on TV- during the first rain break, the groundsmen, brought a large cover with water away from the mid on area towards the boundary and in stead of emptying the water away from the boundary, the incompetent guys, poured the accumulated water on the deep mid wicket area along the boundary. Darryl Harper who was around the pitch ,promptly came and inspected, gave a mouthful to Brijesh patel, KSCA secretary and delayed the start by another 20 minutes until super sopper was deployed and swa dust was sprinkled generously.

KP's grouse about the D-L system not taking into consideration the batting powerplay is a valid one, but that isnt the reason why they lost. One unalterable fundamental of chasing in LOI cricket is that, the shorter the total, the easier it is to chase, even a high RR notwithstanding. Even with wickets falling, the batsman can keep going after the bowlers and thats a HUGE plus for any team. England didnt lose the match because of the shortened two-over batting power-play, but their absolutely rudderless performance in the 6-over bowling powerplay upfront in their innings. If anything, England got lucky, coz in a typical 20/20 match, the batting team gets powerplays for only 5 overs, but for a 22 over chase, England got powerplays for a disproportionate 8 overs.