Test Squad of India For England Series

Lord

so what should be our squad for the series that shouldnt have been played in the first place?anyway if the series happens,this should be my XIV: sehwag gambhir laxman Sachin Tendulkar dravid yuvraj dhoni(c & wk) bhajji zak mishra ishant RESERVES: vijay ojha munaf dinda

Whoops' date=' that was a suprize, i thought it was the official announcement !!! i think we need to wait till the series is confirmed, ne wayz the squad uve posted will be the one we might go ahead with !!![/quote'] i dunno ,i think its almost confirmed,neo has started giving advertisements of it,the squad will be picked tomorrow.i'm sure bcci will do everything to convince ecb,it cares only about itself
If England bring in their second string team' date=' the series will be dead newayz, [b']will england fielding a weankend line up affect the points that we gain from the series ???
it shouldn't .sa beat a depleted bangla team n got ahead of us at no.2.so we will surely be no.2 if we win.

sehwag and gambhir will be the only openers dravid will retain his place the remaining of the fab four, will se yuvraj singh filling in for ganguly zaheer, ishant, harbhajan and mishra will play both the matches the bench strength can boast of badrinath, munaf patel, rohit sharma the run machine of indian domestic cricket, i.e. chateshwar pujara will miss out

England inch towards tour go-ahead

England are preparing for a delicate balancing act while taking a final decision on the India tour with the ECB planning to fly its players to Abu Dhabi on Thursday for a training camp and, on the same day, send a senior official along with a players' representative to Chennai for a meeting with Reg Dickason, the board's security advisor. Sean Morris, the chief executive of England's Professional Cricketers' Association (PCA), told BBC Radio 4 he would be flying out on Thursday to meet Dickason, who today inspected the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, the venue of the first Test, and is set to reveal his findings. Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, is expected to accompany the PCA chief executive. Both officials are then expected to meet the England players in Abu Dhabi over the weekend to brief them on the security measures that will be in place for the first Test, scheduled to start on December 11. Indian security officials expect England to arrive in Chennai on December 8, the optimism boosted by Dickason telling reporters his security concerns have been addressed. It is still unclear, however, when Dickason is expected to visit Mohali, the venue of the second Test. The ECB says it does not intend disclosing his travel arrangements, though MP Pandove, the BCCI treasurer and secretary of the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA), told Cricinfo he was expected to reach Chandigarh on December 8, with meetings scheduled the next day. Even though the intention of both boards is that the two-Test series will go ahead as planned, the availability of some of the England players remains uncertain. Sky Sports reported that Geoff Miller, England's chief selector, will call the players individually about returning to India after last week's Mumbai terrorist attacks led to a curtailment of their ODI series. Three senior bowlers - Steve Harmison, Andrew Flintoff and James Anderson - are believed to have serious reservations about returning to India, while another, Ryan Sidebottom, has yet to recover from a side injury. Two Performance Squad bowlers, Amjad Khan and Sajid Mahmood, were called into England's one-day squad before the series was postponed, although Cricinfo understands that Middlesex's Alan Richardson has also been identified as a potential stand-in. The PCA's Morris, however, told Radio 4 that no players had told him outright that they did not want to travel. He said that the Abu Dhabi camp was not "100% confirmed" either. "I know the logistics of preparing for the games are well developed," Morris said. "But I don't think it's set in stone yet. But I'm sure they're looking at that and if that's the case we will go and meet them in that camp." Among the players who are keen to return to India is Matt Prior, according to the wicketkeeper's agent. "When I caught up with Matt on Monday all his cricket gear was still in the hallway unpacked," Alan Smith told the Sussex Argus. "He's quite happy to go back. All he was waiting for were instructions from the ECB but he was always expecting to be meeting up with the squad again tomorrow." http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/380694.html

The squad BCCI want: Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Yuvraj Dhoni Zak Ishant Bhaji Mishra/patel(sehwag and yuvraj can spin the ball on these tracks as well as sachin to an extent) My team: Sehwag Gambhir Laxman/Vijay Sachin Laxman/Yuvraj(can perfrom well in India and against England, if fails kick out of first test) Purjara/badrinath/Either pathan Dhoni Zak Ishant Mishra Bhaji

Full-strength England head to Abu Dhabi

England will fly to Abu Dhabi on Thursday with a view to resuming their tour of India if they receive suitable security clearance. A full-strength squad, minus the injured Ryan Sidebottom, has been named despite concerns that some players would opt out and they will train in the Middle East before heading to Chennai early next week ahead of the first Test on December 11. However, the onward trip from Abu Dhabi is still subject to Reg Dickason's assesment of the security plans in India. He has visited Chennai today and is now making his way to inspect the second venue in Mohali. Dickason will be joined by Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, and Sean Morris, the chief executive of England's Professional Cricketers' Association (PCA). "The only consideration in all our discussions has been the safety and security of the team and support staff," said Hugh Morris. "We have been delighted by the input of the PCA and also the willingness of the BCCI to act upon our recommendations regarding security. "While we have sought to reassure players that their safety is paramount we have not pressurised any player into making the trip against their will. Those who leave for Abu Dhabi are all anticipating travelling to India if both Sean and I are happy that Reg Dickason's security plans have been activated. The board and players will be kept fully informed.' Sean Morris added: "The PCA and ECB have worked extremely closely on this issue and the players have been fully supportive throughout. We will access the highest calibre of security advice on a regular basis so that we can provide the players with the latest accurate information." "I have been assured by the ECB that they would never compromise the players' safety and security. Hugh and I are travelling to India this weekend to confirm for the players that the security is of the high standard that the ECB and PCA demand." Sidebottom, who was named in England's original 15 man tour party, has been ruled out of the series with a side injury. Stuart Broad will miss the first Test having picked up a hamstring strain in Cuttack during the fifth ODI. He will remain in England for intensive physiotherapy and then fly out to Chennai where his fitness will be reviewed ahead of the second Test. http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/story/380694.html

sehwag gambhir laxman tendulkar vijay/yuvraj pujara dhoni(c,w) harbhajan amit mishra zaheer ishant reserves: munaf pravin kumar raina yusuf pathan i wouldnt want yuvraj being picked as he is a proven failure in tests. but he can be given 1 last chance as the series will be in india. and dravid should retire so that players like pujara/vijay could come in

sehwag and gambhir will be the only openers dravid will retain his place the remaining of the fab four, will se yuvraj singh filling in for ganguly zaheer, ishant, harbhajan and mishra will play both the matches the bench strength can boast of badrinath, munaf patel, rohit sharma the run machine of indian domestic cricket, i.e. chateshwar pujara will miss out
:hysterical:@selecting a proven failure rohit sharma who avges <24 in odis ahead of someone who scored 3 300s in 3 weeks & scored >run a ball 150s in domestic cricket

Dravid can be rested until he gets a big hundred in the ranji games to boost his confidence. if he fails again now against flintoff and harmison, it will be even more difficult for the selectors to retain him in the side.he will also be under tremendous pressure. Vijay can play #3. Yuvi can play in Ganguly's position or after Laman depending on the situation. rest of the team select themselves- 2 pacers+ 2 spinners.

:hysterical:@selecting a proven failure rohit sharma who avges <24 in odis ahead of someone who scored 3 300s in 3 weeks & scored >run a ball 150s in domestic cricket
hope chateshwar gets his due i too want him to be in the squad, in fact, i want him in the 11 rohit is india's future, he will always be in the reckoning

England in India 2008-09 Test squad : Yuvraj and Ojha recalled Cricinfo staff December 4, 2008 Yuvraj Singh and Pragyan Ojha have been included in a 15-man squad for the two-Test series against England. Tamil Nadu's M Vijay, who debuted in the final Test against Australia last month, and S Badrinath have been retained for the series, scheduled to start in Chennai on December 11. Yuvraj made two consecutive match-winning hundreds (138* and 118) against England in the first two ODIs of the seven-match series, and also picked up a four-wicket haul in Indore. Kris Srikkanth, the chairman of selectors, had said that he saw Yuvraj as the front-runner to take Sourav Ganguly's slot. Yuvraj has had an inconsistent run in Test cricket, having played just 23 matches for 1050 runs since his debut five years ago. However, he has been a mainstay for India in one-day cricket having piled up 6466 runs in 222 matches. It has now been confirmed that Yuvraj is Ganguly's Test replacement. Ojha, who toured Sri Lanka with the Test team this summer but has yet to make his debut, replaced RP Singh, who had an indifferent ODI series against England. Badrinath and Vijay make up the batting options. There are no other changes to the bowling line-up India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, S Badrinath, Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, M Vijay, Yuvraj Singh, Pragyan Ojha