England v India series moved to Fiji

Cricketics

funny stuff from a fellow aussie blogger England are sending half a team to India to play a Test Series. Why bother? They sent a full strength ODI squad and got pantsed 5-0. Here’s a brainwave though, move the series to Fiji. They’ve been an associate member of the ICC since 1965, and have contested 7 ICC Champions trophies, the most recent in 2001. Now I’m not an administrative genius or anything, but I reckon playing cricket in Fiji could be a good way to grow the game there. The tests can be held at the Fiji National Stadium in Suva (pictured). It’s got a 30,000 seat capacity and due to the athletics track around the perimeter has a good oval shape to it. A drop-in pitch can be shipped up from Australia at the BCCI’s expense, I believe they grow them in Darwin for the MCG. The beauty of this plan revolves around the crowd attendance. Fiji has over 300,000 Indians who account for a staggering 37% of the population. Unlike complacent Indian crowds who couldn’t even be buggered to watch Sachin break the Test run record, these Fijian Indians might actually show up to the match and provide what used to be known as ‘atmosphere’. What’s more it’s really nice in Fiji. Freddy can get pissed and peddle boats around. Harmy can bowl wides, and KP can take his team on a big game fishing trip to help them get over the loss of Stanford’s millions.. http://beerandsport.net/423/

you sound like an Israeli who picks India over Europe to spend and enjoy time after their 3 year military course
:giggle: yaar actually u r right ... I prefer going to places like Mauritius , Fiji etc rather than going to Europe as these places are cheap n u can relax in a peaceful environment. PS: I just spent 5 weeks in India .. India ka over dose ho gaya hai .. I urgently need to take a REAL break