Dont the BCCI boffins get Weather updates on their T.V?

Ram

Kolkotta hosted a test against pakistan last year. by the way, kolkotta is closer to bangla desh and i am not so sure the ECB will be happy to play at kolkotta if they r afraid of pakistan border nearer to Mohali. Bangalore is in contention but there was some low intensity bombs a few months back here( thankfully only 2 deaths out of 10 bombs prior to ahmedabad and delhi blasts) so ECB may have doubts, but they just played a one dayer here.

If indeed Mohali is ruled out and the game comes to Bangalore - I'll have a double treat. I'll be watching both the tests then. Add to this the Australia test and England ODI. Its been quite a cricket season this year for me. It started off with an ODI at Sydney in Feb, then test match at Chennai against SA, 3 IPL games at blore and Chennai and now Australia and England.

sehwag innings at chennai was worth gold. Mc Cullum actually kick started IPL and deserved half the profit! Australian test match was not great- ponting & hussey hit hundreds, Zak had a good test. Sydney ODI , i think India won. all in all u had very enjoyable moments! Cheers! (yeppadiyavathu oru sachin double century arrange pannunga, chennai la)

Guest dada_rocks

Weather reports even the best of them are inaccurate beyond a week. In case of India weather forecast beyond couple of days is pure baloney. In fact this limitations is one of the prime motivationf for quantum-computing research

sehwag innings at chennai was worth gold. Mc Cullum actually kick started IPL and deserved half the profit! Australian test match was not great- ponting & hussey hit hundreds, Zak had a good test. Sydney ODI , i think India won. all in all u had very enjoyable moments! Cheers! (yeppadiyavathu oru sachin double century arrange pannunga, chennai la)
I think these days SRT is too tired after the century and has lapse of concentration. Thats probably why 200 is elusive. Otherwise he can score it if he refocusses.
Weather reports even the best of them are inaccurate beyond a week. In case of India weather forecast beyond couple of days is pure baloney. In fact this limitations is one of the prime motivationf for quantum-computing research
Better Accuracy in weather forecase :thumbs_up: Very much needed
trust me..when they say cricket at chennai the rain gods wud definitely open up..out of the blue a storm wud form and play spoil sport..atleast 1 day wud be washed out for sure..
Yes, that too in December!!!
Fineleg has already replied why SRT double is not going to be possible. And I second that. Unless he stops thinking that the team is still depending on him and starts playing his natural cricket by not getting bogged down by team situation, approaching milestones/breaks, even centuries are going to be scarce for him. However, I witnessed 2 of his big centuries in 1998 (against Warne and Australia) and 1999 (against Pakistan) and thats more than enough for me :)
Is it a good idea to buy season ticket or just take it day by day?
Tough to call. Its not like its been raining non-stop here. Apart from a shower earlier this morning and a few spells of intermittent drizzle, there has almost been zero rain in the last 3-4 days. But, its not been sunny at all and has been cloudy all the while. However, there is prediction of rain. So, a rain-interrupted match is almost certain.
MM, Are you going to Chepauk to "support the cause of Test cricket in India"?
Err... No. I dont like to watch cricket in Stadiums coz, a) I dont like crowds/people. And there will be lots of them there. b) Its a really bad cricket watching experience. You cant really understand whats going on most of the time.