Growing Taller

Shehezaada

i m a dwarf and i can touch the ring... and i dont even play basketball... its all about training. do 100 squats a day and exercise your calf muscles and soon enough you will notice a significant increase in your leap.
I can promise you, there's a MASSIVE difference between 'touching the rim' and dunking. You dont even need to play basketball or have any serious levels of fitness to leap high enough to touch the rim. But dunking is a totally different issue altogether. I have played basketball with several 6'2 and 6'3 guys and none of them have even come close to dunking. Derek Fisher of the Lakers is 6'2 and I dont think I have ever seen him even attempt a dunk. Dunking is not just bout reaching the rim or getting over it, its also bout having the finger-span to hold the ball in your hands for long enough to dunk it in. In the NBA, I have seen quite a number of 6' footers and sub 6' footers dunk the ball, but these guys are professional athletes. The black guys are built to be serious athletes, which is why i am amazed to see an Asian who is sub 5'10 claim he is VERY close to dunking. Another thing is, if you're sub 6 foot, its really really hard to leap high enough to dunk with both hands. So you have to dunk to with a single hand and our fingers are not long enough to hold a basketball in a single hand, most times.

You're 5'9 and a bit and you can dunk? Wow! You must be some athlete, seriously.
no man!! it's only a 9 foot rim at my house. I WISH I could dunk a regular size net (10ft). Besides I'm only dunking a tennis ball right now...but i'm ALMOST there with the basketball. Maybe if I get another half inch, or increase my vertical leap.

I can promise you, there's a MASSIVE difference between 'touching the rim' and dunking. You dont even need to play basketball or have any serious levels of fitness to leap high enough to touch the rim. But dunking is a totally different issue altogether. I have played basketball with several 6'2 and 6'3 guys and none of them have even come close to dunking. Derek Fisher of the Lakers is 6'2 and I dont think I have ever seen him even attempt a dunk. Dunking is not just bout reaching the rim or getting over it, its also bout having the finger-span to hold the ball in your hands for long enough to dunk it in. In the NBA, I have seen quite a number of 6' footers and sub 6' footers dunk the ball, but these guys are professional athletes. The black guys are built to be serious athletes, which is why i am amazed to see an Asian who is sub 5'10 claim he is VERY close to dunking. Another thing is, if you're sub 6 foot, its really really hard to leap high enough to dunk with both hands. So you have to dunk to with a single hand and our fingers are not long enough to hold a basketball in a single hand, most times.
that's another huge problem with me, the fact that I have small hands. I can't palm the ball and when I get up there I always lose control of it. But every day counts. If I keep practicing, I'll eventually be able to do it on the 9 ft rim. Then I'll keep trying on the 10ft!

no man!! it's only a 9 foot rim at my house. I WISH I could dunk a regular size net (10ft). Besides I'm only dunking a tennis ball right now...but i'm ALMOST there with the basketball. Maybe if I get another half inch, or increase my vertical leap.
A'righ, that settles it.
that's another huge problem with me, the fact that I have small hands. I can't palm the ball and when I get up there I always lose control of it. But every day counts. If I keep practicing, I'll eventually be able to do it on the 9 ft rim. Then I'll keep trying on the 10ft!
Your determination is actually quite inspirational! Good luck!

You are deluding yourself. Theoretically, the epiphysis at the upper end of the thigh bone fuses at age 20, but most people stop growing before then. By the time you are 19, you have probably attained your max height, and many don't grow after 18. The half an inch you've discovered is because all that non-penal hanging you've been doing has stretched out your vertebrae, and improved your posture. As soon as you stop doing "hang-ups", you'll shrink again. Height is determined largely bu genetics and partly by nutrition. No amount of self-egging is going to get you to reach that elusive banana. You're done. Finito. The only bone that will grow noticeably from now on for the rest of your life is your nose.
Can science and genetics explain, Einstein, how Michael Jordan grew to be 6 6 when no one in his family is above 5 8? You see Dhondy, you can have your science. I have faith. You got attitude, I got heart. Dhondy, this video for you baby. In a short time, when I dunk the real ball, one of my long term goals is gonna be complete. You telling me I can't do it is only gonna make me try harder. You can't stop me. Me Against the world...I got nothing to lose, it's just me against the world baby. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQ1gWwUQEo&feature=channel]YouTube - Tennis Ball Dunk, May 25 2009[/ame] [ame=
- Tennis Ball Dunk[/ame]

I am 6 ft.. And 25 year old.... Can i reach 6 3?? lol I play basketball. my weight is 160 lbs , was 147 lbs before. Increase 13 lbs in 4 months. Still want to increase until 175 lbs. Fingure crossed. i feel so skinny .. dam.... :haha:

I am 6 ft.. And 25 year old.... Can i reach 6 3?? lol I play basketball. my weight is 160 lbs , was 147 lbs before. Increase 13 lbs in 4 months. Still want to increase until 175 lbs. Fingure crossed. i feel so skinny .. dam.... :haha:
well just try and see if you can do it? Even if you won't "Grow", you can atleast improve your posture and that'll straighten your back and improve your height. Hang on the bar, do some stretching, see how you do. Good luck!

Back again with another update, turned 21 and still goin strong. And finally, after setting a target close to 11 months ago when I stood 5 7, I achieved it sometime last week. The feeling is indescribable. When it's on it's on Dhondy, and imma throw it up every time I can. You said I couldn't do it, but here we are again. And it's gonna continue for a long, long time. This just the start baby. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO7BlWvaRvY]YouTube - Dunk[/ame]

wtf is this niggah 4 real ypou are nowhere near a dunk man. u gotta get yor whole hand above the rim to dunk the ball rite now u are Bbarely touching dat rim but its gud layup ill give u that ........n daaamn son ur feet not even gettin off the ground here,watch a video of wat a REAL DUNK looks lyk , look at his vertical n compare it with urs haha u still got sum work to do, get crackin son, gotta work on that jump [ame=

- 5/7 PAISA DUNKS 10 FEET 3 INCHES[/ame]

wtf is this niggah 4 real ypou are nowhere near a dunk man. u gotta get yor whole hand above the rim to dunk the ball rite now u are Bbarely touching dat rim but its gud layup ill give u that ........n daaamn son ur feet not even gettin off the ground here,watch a video of wat a REAL DUNK looks lyk , look at his vertical n compare it with urs haha u still got sum work to do, get crackin son, gotta work on that jump
lol didn't say it was a power dunk man, of course i got PLENTY of work to do but a dunk is a dunk, video quality is a lil fuzzy but i'm not laying it in. this guy is ridiculous though...it'll be a while till i can get to where he's at..respect