Leicester sign Singh

This will be fantastic for RP. Could really help his development in to indian regular having a season in county cricket. ---------------------------------- RP Singh, the Indian left-arm seamer, has signed with Leicestershire for the 2007 season as their second overseas player at the end of the club's pre-season tour of Sri Lanka and India. Singh, who missed out on India's World Cup squad, has played two Tests and 20 ODIs and came highly recommended from the national coach, Greg Chappell. He claimed the man-of-the-match award on his Test debut after taking five wickets on a featherbed against Pakistan at Faisalabad. Leicestershire coach Tim Boon said: "The prospect of RP Singh linking with Stuart Broad to spearhead our attack is exciting. He...has a classic left arm action and is deceptively quick." He will play alongside Mansoor Amjad, the Pakistan legspinner, when Leicestershire start their Championship season against Nottinghamshire, at Trent Bridge, on April 18.

Re: Leicester sign Singh curious... how good is R. P. Singh? i have always been unimpressed by him. infact i felt the one time attack of pathan, rp singh and zaheer was too one dimensional and was thoroughly exposed in the karachi test match (our only test blunder for all of 2006).

Re: Leicester sign Singh RPS isn't that bad; he was India's most promising seamer after the two ODI series vs SL and PAK. He has a nice high arm-action and can generate bounce even on the most docile of pitches. I remember him working upto speeds of 138-145 kmph regularly vs SL during his debut series. He is a bit one-dimensional, but still accurate enough to take wickets at international level. I think he will do fine at Leicestershire.