Golden age of Indian cricket?

Ram

-- Test series victory against the Awful-ssies -- In all probability, a victory against the Poms too in this series. -- IF we tour Pak ( BIG IF), good chance to victory there -- Kiwi Tour coming up right after that The last time things were this euphoric, it was in 2003/04, when we drew in Australia and won in Pakistan. But, if we manage to win all 4 of the above series, without doubt, this is definitely the most productime time in Indian cricket history.

-- Kiwi Tour coming up right after that
Kiwi tour will be really important for us, given the poor performances in yesteryears. NZ batting is their weakest point and Indian bowling will be our strongest point (given the swing bowlers we carry). I seriously cannot wait to see how Ishant, ZK, RP, Sree (he should be taken here), Munaf fare here. I will actually stick my neck out and say India should win this series with ease.
So when we play away from the sub-continent..do we leave out Mishra or Bhajji? Because i don't see us playing 2 spinners esp out of Asia. Also it would foolish not to play 3 seamers in those conditions.Personally i would like to see Mishra reatined and Bhajji left out' date='despite his tally of 300+ wickets.[/quote'] Indian pace bowling dept looks good headed by ZK. But after Kumble we have a big gap in spin dept. Thats the weak link. Bhajji is too inconsistent and we cannot rely on him. Mishra needs a lot more time to mature - spinners take a long time to gain experience. Dunno abt Piyush Chawla or Ojha till they get their chances at Intl level.

India are already in a golden age of Test Cricket going back to South Africa, Series wins in West Indies, England, then the ending of Australia's record run, then a draw against the formidable South Africans capped by a thorough thrashing of Australia at home. edit: And somewhere in there we also beat some minnow team, I think they were Pakistan. Sri Lanka was the only blip in the radar.

Indian pace bowling dept looks good headed by ZK. But after Kumble we have a big gap in spin dept. Thats the weak link. Bhajji is too inconsistent and we cannot rely on him. Mishra needs a lot more time to mature - spinners take a long time to gain experience. Dunno abt Piyush Chawla or Ojha till they get their chances at Intl level.
Mishra is a better bowler than Chawla or Ojha. And lest we forget both Kumble and Bhajji only perform in India.Take a look at their records outside India..they have never benn anything special. Mishra OTOH actually spins the ball and has a good googly.I was a bit diappointed by this performance but i thought he bowled very well for ost of the match..except when Collingwood and Strauss were grafting.Anyway i firmly believe Mishra will prove to be more useful than Bhajji and maybe even Kumble(outside India).Just hope the team management has the sense not to play Bhajji.