Is Dravid slipping to #4

Gambit

Most people talk about SRT being the second best ever after Bradman and he is 5th on your list just for Indians..where does he stand overall then..like 10-20 ?
it is my humble opinion. i think i would be getting in to controversial territory but i am fully aware of what i have posted.i am also aware that Richie Benaud has selected him in his all time XI as well as Bradman too in his greatest XI.Shane warne, Allan Donald and a few other contemporaries of Sachin have rated him as the best batsman of the current generation or for that matter the last 2 decades. But i beg to differ. yes, i know i have never played even district level cricket leave alone international cricket.i have never crossed 80 runs in an innings, forget about 29000 international runs and 83 centuries, 140+ half centuries. i am not a coach or professional cricket writer.but i have watched cricket and followed a lot of cricket, read cricket books. in my opinion, he is not the best indian batsman, i would rank him #5. he may very well be better than any other cricketer in the history of one day matches.but in tests i feel Sachin is the 5th best batsman ever. (just wanted to know whether Sachin has scored more than 500 runs in a series ever)

Like Sunil Gavaskar said, Tendulkar is the closest thing to batting perfection you will ever see in your life. Forget the runs, the records - look at how he bats, how he dominates the best bowlers (well, not so much now...but he used to) the way he handles the pressure of being some larger than life character who is expected to score big everytime he walks out there. Hardly anyone else comes close, especially if you look at just Indian batsmen alone Enjoy him while he is still around

Of course. But, rarely have I seen other cricketers, past or present, refer to his name, while discussing the list of Great batsman
lot of people have mentioned that if they had to chose a batsman to play for their life, they will chose Allan Border. later Steve Waugh joined such a list of batsmen to play if your life was on the line.
Like Sunil Gavaskar said, Tendulkar is the closest thing to batting perfection you will ever see in your life. Forget the runs, the records - look at how he bats, how he dominates the best bowlers (well, not so much now...but he used to) the way he handles the pressure of being some larger than life character who is expected to score big everytime he walks out there. Hardly anyone else comes close, especially if you look at just Indian batsmen alone Enjoy him while he is still around
Weren't you calling for his head a year or so back?:--DAbusing him and saying he should be axed? Just thought I would mention it.:winky: King Sachin has silenced all:two_thumbs_up:
Weren't you calling for his head a year or so back?:--DAbusing him and saying he should be axed? Just thought I would mention it.:winky: King Sachin has silenced all:two_thumbs_up:
Don't talk sh[it. Find one post where i "abused" him. Just one. The most i ever said was that he needed some time off - which made sense [at the time]. Not my fault you completely misconstrued my comments Now, where is that thread in which you said you lost all respect for Dhoni...

Ok maybe you didnt abuse him but were certailny saying he should be dropped from test side. I stand corrected.:orderorder: As for Dhoni my heart sunk when he skipped a test series. I just love tests and could not bear to see it being treated like this. However, I was an original fan gave him a bit of stick and now am back on board with Captain Dhoni. Now dont skip tests again Mr Dhoni:-!

Ok maybe you didnt abuse him but were certailny saying he should be dropped from test side. I stand corrected.:orderorder: As for Dhoni my heart sunk when he skipped a test series. I just love tests and could not bear to see it being treated like this. However, I was an original fan gave him a bit of stick and now am back on board with Captain Dhoni. Now dont skip tests again Mr Dhoni:-!
And he was right!!!
Who was right? preds for saying Sachin should be dropped?
Yes! It doesnt matter who you are, if you're not performing, then maybe you should take a short break. Who knows, if tendulkar would have been dropped at that time, he would prolly have still averaged 56+