Well done Dravid

Mr. Wicket

i remember the sydney 2004 test. india was setting up a target after partiv patel repeatedly goofed up and reprieved Gillespie and we lost valuable time and runs. Sachin made a slow unbeaten 50+,despite scoring an unbeaten 240 in the first innings. Dravid scored 90+ at a brisk rate. both are great batsmen in their own right. scoring quickly depends on lot of factors, quality of bowling,pitch more than all how the batsman feels about his form and his confidence.Dravid did OK strday considering the circumstances of the last 2 months, but did very well today!

And now Mr. Zubin and co. can lick their :finger:
Bah. Sehwag would have score a double 100 if he had stayed as long as Dravid. Others who came after Dravid tried to force the game as scoring faster to make up for Dravid's slow play, was the sole reason others got out. Dravid drained the spirit out of the other batsmen. He is so bloodly selfish. he got out as soon as the team mostly needed him to accelerate. - A dear dr. in ICF.
Bah. Sehwag would have score a double 100 if he had stayed as long as Dravid. Others who came after Dravid tried to force the game as scoring faster to make up for Dravid's slow play, was the sole reason others got out. Dravid drained the spirit out of the other batsmen. He is so bloodly selfish. he got out as soon as the team mostly needed him to accelerate. - A dear dr. in ICF.
It shows his application and dedication, even the GREAT ONE found it difficult to score quickly !!!
Not a fair assessment. Dravid was slow yesterday but scored fluently today. After the platform they had, the rest should really have paced and played their innings better, regardless of any orders. There was no pressure at all. The loss of their wickets is their own responsibility. These things happen in cricket...good starts can take the "edge" of inconing batsmen and they get complacent...especially after two of their own have made batting look so easy.

This innings hasnt changed anything really. If you give a guy with 10,000 runs with enough shots at scoring, he's bound to score a few at some point. What can we expect? That he gets out for 0s and 1s all the time? Of course not, he's fine batsman and the whole world knows that. The real challenge comes NOW. None of us want to see this 100 followed by another series of low scores, just like the last time he scored a 100. He bats at too important a position to score the odd 50 and 100 every some time just to ward off critics. Besides, Rahul's job is NOT to answer critics and show the world he can still score (like he has done today), his job is to win matches for India. In the last 18 months, he hasnt been doing that regularly enough. Dravid HAS to back this innings with a decent of run consistent scores. Otherwise its no use really.

Dude, you have to go easy on your support and bias towards RD. Sehwag won us the damn game in chennai which even 11 RD would have never made it possible. Eleven RD would have ensured India draw the game 'securely' enough for us to score 100 runs in the entire day. I understand you are a grateful man for RD's services to India, which you should be. But that does not mean you demean any other player who has been rising in rankings in the upcoming years in which RD failed miserably. Had it not been for Sehwag, India would have lost 3-1 in Australia and would have lost 2-1 to SA in India. Respect the 'noobs' who are exceeding your expectations.
i am not demeaning sehwag at all.in fact he is one of my fav players.the audaciouness n fearlessness that he exudes is awesome:two_thumbs_up: but i said that we should have bith type of players.RD type of players are as important as sehwag types even tho they bat slow.i said we cant have 11 sehwags,not we even cant have one.infact we can have 3 or 4 sehwags variety is what i intend to advocate:two_thumbs_up:
That is how you get runs Sriram. All these things are the ingredients to get there. They will come...and this knock has moved towards that aim significantly. He is a human, not a machine...and confidence is a key psychological factor in good performance.
Well, lets hope so. I dont think anyone ( fans, the team, The Man himself) is prepared for another run-drought. There are enough indications to suggest that his recent dip in performances may be terminal and not a temporary blip. We shouldnt allow anything, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING to even remotely compromise the team's chances, knowing we can do something about it ( In this case, replacing Dravid). Irrespective, Good luck to Rahul.