Woolmer murdered?

Re: Woolmer murdered?

Read the whole thread just now!! Never even in dreams had I thought that we'd we discussing these kind of news during the WC!!!
i agree mate... its chilling how the line between cricket and crime has been diluted to virtual nothing... in the end all i can hope for is that the culprits be found, charged and sentenced for they deserve little else.

Re: Woolmer murdered? I still cannot fathom how things came to this pass. I can't quite understand what's behind all this and hope it's not the betting mafia. I just hope what Sarfraz said is not right. He speaks of even umpires being involved in this and the kind of umpiring we see in international cricket it makes me think twice. What a sad end for Woolmer though? All that suffering for absolutely nothing. In fact the report stated he emailed that evening saying he was heading to Pakistan just for a short while to file a report and then head back home. He wanted to spend some quality time with his family golfing and visiting national parks. I can't understand why people wanted him dead. I hope they are brought to justice ASAP.

I still cannot fathom how things came to this pass. I can't quite understand what's behind all this and hope it's not the betting mafia. I just hope what Sarfraz said is not right. He speaks of even umpires being involved in this and the kind of umpiring we see in international cricket it makes me think twice. What a sad end for Woolmer though? All that suffering for absolutely nothing. In fact the report stated he emailed that evening saying he was heading to Pakistan just for a short while to file a report and then head back home. He wanted to spend some quality time with his family golfing and visiting national parks. I can't understand why people wanted him dead. I hope they are brought to justice ASAP.
i doubt its as severe sarfraz says, i.e. implicating everyone west of the atlantic, from the ICC to the players to the umpires, the organizers etc. i think if this is indeed a crime, then its probably a knee jerk, heat of the moment reaction of a disenchanted player or management member who might hold woolmer responsible for the implication of asif and akhtar in the drugs scandal by suggesting preliminary, internally conducted tests (or worse yet, might blame woolmer for attempting to undermine shoaib because of their personal differences)...

HEY CC1981, you know what dude... you periodically collude dishonesty, fiction and plain dumass in your posts. go back and read that i said that i "do not buy one cent into this theory, this is merely a conspiracy that i stated as is".
I know. I was commenting on the part of your post where you said something like '...cuban missile crisis could easily have been avoided had US been more aggressive in its anti-commie agenda'. This part is complete nonsense because the US is the instigator in the cuban missile crisis .( a fact that most desis and yankees themselves arn't aware of because their media blamed the russians for 'starting it and putting nukes so close to our soil..mere 200 miles away and we desis tend to give credibility to the US media.) The US started the nonsense by putting nuke missiles 50 miles from the soviet border inside Turkey ( Turkey was a member of NATO back then and still is i think). So Cuban missile crisis, if anything, was caused by US's recklessness and ultra-aggressive policies against communism and i have no problems with the Soviets putting nukes in Cuba *after* the US dared to put nukes so close to the soviet border.

Re: Woolmer murdered? BTW checkout the video http://www.zshare.net/video/ibn-wmv.html That one says the book he was writing had nothing to do with bookie whatsoever and it was to do with coaching. He was writing a book on coaching not bookie nexus. This opens yet another debate. Also his revelation that he likes to carry on writing article for IBN CNN after he leaves WI reveals that he was not going to kill himself. His wife reveals some major short comings in the story that has been thrown around by PCB and the rest so far. This is turning out to be one sad but interesting incidence. :shrug:

HEY CC1981, you know what dude... you periodically collude dishonesty, fiction and plain dumass in your posts. go back and read that i said that i "do not buy one cent into this theory, this is merely a conspiracy that i stated as is".
I know. I was commenting on the part of your post where you said something like '...cuban missile crisis could easily have been avoided had US been more aggressive in its anti-commie agenda'. This part is complete nonsense because the US is the instigator in the cuban missile crisis .( a fact that most desis and yankees themselves arn't aware of because their media blamed the russians for 'starting it and putting nukes so close to our soil..mere 200 miles away and we desis tend to give credibility to the US media.) The US started the nonsense by putting nuke missiles 50 miles from the soviet border inside Turkey ( Turkey was a member of NATO back then and still is i think). So Cuban missile crisis, if anything, was caused by US's recklessness and ultra-aggressive policies against communism and i have no problems with the Soviets putting nukes in Cuba *after* the US dared to put nukes so close to the soviet border.
no you jackass... thats the conspiracy... that the cuban missile crisis could have been avoided had america been less of a pacifist under kennedy. a conspiracy theory i do not buy into.

Re: Woolmer murdered? If he was murdered the whole cricket community will pay a heavy price and the sport we love will be marred forever. I really hope this is not the case and again i really feel for the close family and friends invloved. This must be a difficult situation for them, it's bad enough to deal with a death, but murder?

no you jackass... thats the conspiracy... that the cuban missile crisis could have been avoided had america been less of a pacifist under kennedy. a conspiracy theory i do not buy into.
Actually he was correct. While US officially didn't admit it, they removed those missiles from turkey within months (2-3 IIRC) from the missile crisis due to "technical difficulties" :lol: