Harbhajan is now Officially Unbowlable

Mr. Wicket

So thats how we want to remain at number one spot? By keeping non performers in the team for a long time. I can bet if Ponting doesnt play well in three consecutive series. CA will kick his backside. And thats how they always comeback to top from nowhere. They think about their team not individuals. Sehwag' date=' Zaheer, Laxman all have been dropped in the past and look how they made a comeback into the indian team. Bhajji also deserves a kick. His attitude on the fiedl (he abused even rahul dravid and laxman) and interviews before series are getting irritating now.[/quote'] For effs sake Bhajji is not a non-performer look at his recent record. Six wickets in Mumbai, five wickets in Kanpur against a team that plays spin damn well on the same wickets that Murali & co. got thrashed. Compared to Bhajji, Ponting had a terrible season.
i can't understand you guuys' date=' before this test mathc there was a thread saying that harbajhan singh is the best spinner in the world, now you say that is unbowlable...[/quote'] You would have understood had you read the 'threat' starter and not just the title :giggle: But I do feel that there is a bit too much criticism being thrown at bhajji pertaining to this test match, considering only day one has gone by.

It's not that Bhajji sucks or anything, it's the fact that he can be a very good bowler that is the most disapointing thing. At times when Bhajji slows his pace down, floats and loops the ball over the batsmen's eye line and bowls it the right seam then we all know he can be such a good bowler. He CAN and has done that. But Bhajji is a confidence bowler. If he's not taking wickets or the batsmen start attacking him like Kallis/Amla did then he completely changes and get defensive. That's the problem with Bhajji and South Africa knew it, planned for it, and executed it to great skill. Well done to them. But today is a new day and Bhajji will get another chance, let's hope he finds some serious rhythym soon because like him or not, we need him perform if we expect to win or even draw this series.

Boy, many of you just watched the first session and you're basing all this criticism on the first session alone. Quite Pathetic. All you critics just come across as haters that's all. I dont mind fair criticism but this is just totally over the top. As for his non-performance. How is this? This unbowlable player is going to end with 500+ Test wickets . :hehe:

Some recent performances : [oppenent] at [location] : [1st innings], [2nd innings] = [match wickets] Bangladesh at Mirpur 1,1 = 2 wickets vs Sri Lanka @ Mumbai : 4,2 = 6 wickets vs Sri Lanka @ Kanpur : 2,3 = 5 wickets vs Sri Lanka @ Ahmedabad : 2,- = 2 wickets vs NZ @ wellington : 3,4 = 7 wickets vs NZ @ Napier : 2, - = 2 wickets vs NZ @ Hamilton: 1,6 = 7 wickets vs Eng @ Mohali : 4,0 = 4 wickets vs Eng @ Chennai: 3,1 = 4 wickets vs Aus @ Nagpur : 3,4 = 7 wickets vs Aus @ Mohali : 2,3 = 5 wickets

is this a religion forum :dontknow: jeez' date=' some of you guys are going insane with your thoughts :cantstop:[/quote'] Charity starts from home :
Sad that a so called respected poster has to launch such a vitriol atrtack on such a top performer for India. I see a common theme of the OP starter in consistent attacks on Yuvraj SINGH and Harbhajan SINGH! Sad that he goes after two outstanding and consistent performers for India over last decade! So you are sikh? So you are not Sikh! So what was the point of you telling us your surname was Singh? A pretty weak attempt at a smokescreen from your clear biases!
lol...some of the crybabies here make me laugh' date=' they are acting like as if misra took a fifer yesterday, and bhajji went wicketless and conceded 6 plus runs/over :doh:[/quote'] If you cannot see the difference between a veteran and a new comer, if you cannot see the difference between one odd performnce and years of performance, then I pity your cricket knowledge. Lets say Laxman starts failing for about 2 years and then both Laxman and Badri fail in this match, will you be comparing Laxman;s failures with Badri's? Wouldnt that be insulting to Laxman who is a veteran batsemen and in the team for years? Because thats exaclty what you are doing when comparing Bhajji with Mishra. You have the same expectations from Bhajji as you have from Mishra which itself shows what Bhajji has become lately
Boy, many of you just watched the first session and you're basing all this criticism on the first session alone. Quite Pathetic. All you critics just come across as haters that's all. I dont mind fair criticism but this is just totally over the top. As for his non-performance. How is this? This unbowlable player is going to end with 500+ Test wickets . :hehe:
Indians have always had higher expectation from our spinners just as we have high expectations from our batsmen. We dont compromise for mediocrity there as we do with our fast bowlers. The stats you have presented are not relevant as thats the equivalent of a batsmen scoring an odd fifty every 6-7 matches. Just not good enough. Just like Umar Akmal's odd fifty scores stand out becuase of the Pak batting order, so does Bhajji's in our bowling line up. But for a veteran, its just not good enough to win matches consistantly and we have every reason to expect more
forget misra' date=' other than Zak, no one did jackshyt on the first day.[/quote'] It would be unfair to compare pace bowlers with spinners. And there is a gulf of difference between the experience of Mishra and Ishant and that of Bhajji. Bhajji is a veteran. We cannot compare him with new comers just like we cannot compare Laxman with Badri or Rohit
Indians have always had higher expectation from our spinners just as we have high expectations from our batsmen. We dont compromise for mediocrity there as we do with our fast bowlers. The stats you have presented are not relevant as thats the equivalent of a batsmen scoring an odd fifty every 6-7 matches. Just not good enough. Just like Umar Akmal's odd fifty scores stand out becuase of the Pak batting order' date=' so does Bhajji's in our bowling line up. But for a veteran, its just not good enough to win matches consistantly and we have every reason to expect more[/quote'] Getting 7 wickets in a Test match is like scoring a fifty? :hmmm: A five-for is more like scoring a century IMO. In recent times, he's taken lots of 4 wickets in an innings i.e Mumbai, Wellington, and at Hamilton took a match-winning 6-fer.
Getting 7 wickets in a Test match is like scoring a fifty? :hmmm: A five-for is more like scoring a century IMO. In recent times' date=' he's taken lots of 4 wickets in an innings i.e Mumbai, Wellington, and at Hamilton took a match-winning 6-fer.[/quote'] Well its like scoring 2 fifties in each innings then?
Well its like scoring 2 fifties in each innings then?
Well my comment in reply to your comment "The stats you have presented are not relevant as thats the equivalent of a batsmen scoring an odd fifty every 6-7 matches." In my opinion, a five-for a bowler is equivalent to a batsman making a century. He just took a 6-fer in Hamilton and 4-fers in an innings in Mumbai and Wellington all in the space about about 6-7 tests. So he just scored a century (6fer) if you want to talk in those terms. So that statement of yours doesnt seem to be correct does it?