Man of the Series Award for India vs. England

graphic23

I think that Gautam Gambhir really deserves it this time. He actually deserved it against Australia but for his fourth match ban. Has scored 19, 66, 179, 97 - 361 runs at an avg. of 90 with a S/R of 47 (which isn't too bad I guess). The only other person deserving this is Zaheer Khan. What an amazing bowler. 8 wickets (and counting) at an avg. of 19.62 (amazing for a subcontinent pitch) at an economy of 2.27. Superb stuff this from him. I hope he has a good day today as well. His S/R is 51.7 balls (that is on average every 9 overs he has bowled, he's got a wicket. Again, superb for a subcontinent pitch).

Zaheer gets man of the series award. That's the second time in a row that an Indian bowler has won man of the series because Ishant got the one agains Australia. What a supreme performance by a man who bowled with such skill on batting tracks in India where recently other bowlers like Steyn, Morkel, Lee, Clark, Harmison etc looked average to awful. Not to mention how he terrorized England in the one day series as well and was the best bowler on display by a good margin.