‘No. 1 in One Day Internationals by 2009-end and in Test cricket by 2010 is the dream’

Feed

I will play the devil's advocate over here. I understand that people have goals and everything, what I don't understand is why declare them upfront. It worked for Aussies for some time... but now they look like idiots when they predicted 3-0 for SA series. Keep to yourself and let the team know that this is our vision. I am sure even Dhoni's vision would be same but he is not opening his mouth. Why create a "foot in the mouth" situation??

so u think aussies are struggling bcoz of their batting?all the names u mentioned are batsman.n its their bowling which is struggling consistently,they couldnt even get the tail out quickly in 2nd test.warne n mcgrath r gone. the youngsters u mentioned are getting enuf exposure in ODIs.let them prove it there that they really deserve to play tests,others should keep performing consistently in dom.cricket.just one two good seasons are not good enuf to award them test spots.it cant be gifted. n btw laxman who is past his prime acc to you hit a 200* against aussies just recently.dravid hit a crucial ton in trying conditions at mohali
Aussie bowlers r struggling cos not enough exposure was given to them .... We r doing the same thing with our batsman .... Exposure in ODI is same as exposure in test? I don't think u r tht small to understand this thing .. Isn't it? These guys have proved in ODI but they need test opportunities ... Kick the oldies out for few tests or atleast play youngsters for few tests so tht we can know abt our bench strength .. So tht we don't have to suffer like aussies ... Lamxan and dravid scoring !!! Give any player tht much of chances and they will show u how to score those runs and how quickly to score ... Century by dravid and laxman means waiting for 15 tests and tht test match too will end in a draw cos of their slow batting ...
Aussie bowlers r struggling cos not enough exposure was given to them .... We r doing the same thing with our batsman .... Exposure in ODI is same as exposure in test? I don't think u r tht small to understand this thing .. Isn't it? These guys have proved in ODI but they need test opportunities ... Kick the oldies out for few tests or atleast play youngsters for few tests so tht we can know abt our bench strength .. So tht we don't have to suffer like aussies ... Lamxan and dravid scoring !!! Give any player tht much of chances and they will show u how to score those runs and how quickly to score ... Century by dravid and laxman means waiting for 15 tests and tht test match too will end in a draw cos of their slow batting ...
we already r playing two newbies yuvraj n mishra.let them get settled first b4 we move on to others.i agree exposure in tests is much better than ODIs but for that we cant afford to risk losses.whoever has proved himself in ODIs is getting opportunities n rightly so,but let them work hard for it. dravid n laxman may score slow,but they score wen we need it at most,same slow batting wins us matches overseas n newbbies generally struggle.
hehehe .... someone should track down that hero who wrote that Endulkar article and have a small conv :winky:
Siddharth Mishra :cantstop::cantstop: http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1397063,prtpage-1.cms BossBhai, at Face Book two of India's top cricket journalists,Vijay Lokapally and Rajaraman were taking a dig at Mishra as one who don't even understand paper cricket :hysterical: For many Sachin is now 'PainDulkar' !!
we already r playing two newbies yuvraj n mishra.let them get settled first b4 we move on to others.i agree exposure in tests is much better than ODIs but for that we cant afford to risk losses.whoever has proved himself in ODIs is getting opportunities n rightly so,but let them work hard for it. dravid n laxman may score slow,but they score wen we need it at most,same slow batting wins us matches overseas n newbbies generally struggle.
Now tht is the prob .... U r judging the players even before they play a single match ... Tht's wht I am saying ... Atleast give these players few chances so tht we can know tht they really have the talent in them .. If not then we can always bring back senior players .. In this juniors will be more inclined to prove themselves in those limited opportunities only ... Seniors players were there when India lost first 2 matches in Australia, series in SA and all out for 70-80 Vs SA in India, lost series vs SL .. So this win and loss is part and parcel ... We just need to check our bench strength ...
Kick dravid' date= laxman and sachin out if we want to be no.1 team ... Even if they can't be kicked then also give the youngsters chances in few matches ... Give some of the seniors rest for test matches ... We don't want India to go same path as of australia where they haven't tried any young players and kept on playing warne and mcgrath ... Now they r suffering .. Hope India learn from this .. It will be even better if some sense prevails and these 3 get retired ...
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::finger: dude, u really follow Indian Cricket ?? :--D

I disagree with the balance bit. Agreed that we have a balanced team but South Africa have the best fast bowling attack with a half decent spinner. Thats pretty good considering that they play about 70% of the time on seamer friendly wickets. And also, if they know how to use the old ball well they could pose serious problems in subcontinental wickets.

Now tht is the prob .... U r judging the players even before they play a single match ... Tht's wht I am saying ... Atleast give these players few chances so tht we can know tht they really have the talent in them .. If not then we can always bring back senior players .. In this juniors will be more inclined to prove themselves in those limited opportunities only ... Seniors players were there when India lost first 2 matches in Australia, series in SA and all out for 70-80 Vs SA in India, lost series vs SL .. So this win and loss is part and parcel ... We just need to check our bench strength ...
no i'm not judging players without performances,but i'm sayin lets give mishra n yuvraj time to cement their places.u dont want too many newbies,do u?we already have yuvraj n mishra n we need sachin,dravid,laxman to guide them.at the same,wen sachin,dravid n laxman decide to go,whoever is performing in dom.cricket will get the chance,whats the rush? the losses u mentioned were all against top teams.and victories have been far more in number.

India are definitely favourites to be number 1 in odis next year. The likes of GG, VS, YS, MSD, SR and prob tendulkar is a batting line up which would really trouble any team. Our batters each have own indiviudal skill which keeps them in the team and we have shown our form recently in the past, excluding the defeats in Asia cup. Our bowling has also done well, the likes of ishant and zaheer have really improved and done well with the ball, and bhaji is getting better with good economic rates. Our odi team is honestly the best and we have the best captain behind us in odis!!!! For tests, I really dont know, we should really invest at least in one youngster this year as I doubt that laxman, sachin or dravid will leave very soon, which I am not saying is overall a bad thing. They all have done well recently and proven they still have it to an extent. Though I really want to see Indian perfrom well outside the sub continent as we played every test in the sub continent last year, so new zeland will show signs. I also would like MSD to slightly upgrade his batting in tests as im sure he can do it. Well our bowling imo is ovverated slightly. Zaheer yes has been fantastic as well as bhaji, but we need mishra to do his bit as well as ishant as he needs more wickets. No 1 in 2010? dont know, RSA will fight with us, if they fail im sure we can take it as hayden will retire which leaves aussies out, and england are dreadful. Well watever happens hope for a good year overall and wish them the best:teeth_smile: