96 Wc Qf

Gambit

I was watching highlights of this game yesterday. Saeed Anwar got a standing ovation from the crowd near the boundary after he was dismissed after making 48. The obnoxious Aamir Sohail received applause from the crowd when he made his 50. And this was in the mother of all matches' date=' a knockout in a world cup final between arch-enemies, who were at the peak of enmity. Next time Pak fans cry about their team not receiving applause from Indian crowds, cite this instance.[/quote'] Saeed Anwar was just cheered off, none of his boundaries received applause lol Miandad got a hostile reception (in the words of that woman)

I remember after we won , Victory celebrations were banned in Mysore especially in Muslim dominated Mandi Mohalla areas. WTF? We cant celebrate our victories? And pray tell WHY these particular minorities should be sensitive to an Indian victory? When India defeated Pakistan in all the Wars fought especially 1971, werent we allowed to celebrate?

^^ Cheers Just off topic, I want a picture to appear under my signature (the indian national anthem) I want the pic to appear under the signature and not a link? do u know how?
No pics allowed in the signature. Its the law. Any unlawful means used to display the image in your signature will result in 5 days of ban.
Guest dada_rocks
Among other trash that came out of actor's mouth' date=' he said something like he was the best, srt didn't have any chance against him, or something like that[/quote'] Mushy had started that chorus of india is scared of pakistan:hysterical:
The result was a big surprise though....you have to admit the India team wasn't that strong back then and the Pakistan team was probably one of the strongest it ever fielded.
Miandad was a spent force by 1996 WC. he was just in the team to 'create' a record of playing 5 world cup which he proclaimed as something which will remain unbroken.he was not fit to run sharp singles, his reflexes had slowed down. Aquib was also on his way out.he was no where near his exploits in sharjah, had lost whatever pace he had and was treated aggressively by Indian batsmen.dont forget about absence of SL Umpire Cooray. Mushtaq had never been a threat for Indian batsmen, even u shud agree! Waqar did not set the pitch on fire in that world cup, especially on slow subcontinent wickets, he was not going to run thru an indian line up. so, the pakistan team tried but failed miserably. every team has a bad day at office.If it makes you unhappy that they had lost fairly, then u can assume whatever you want.I dont really know about Akram though,because i watched it live when he was hurt batting, while pulling a ball in the SA match. he did not bowl even in nets after that.the physio initially said he has pulled a muscle in his rib. granted Salim Malik, Ejaz and Akram had fixed matches, but even they would not have dared to fix and lose a match in WC against India and they would have been extremely well aware of the 'welcome' from fans and the threat from pakistani bookies.
Miandad was a spent force by 1996 WC. he was just in the team to 'create' a record of playing 5 world cup which he proclaimed as something which will remain unbroken.he was not fit to run sharp singles, his reflexes had slowed down. Aquib was also on his way out.he was no where near his exploits in sharjah, had lost whatever pace he had and was treated aggressively by Indian batsmen.dont forget about absence of SL Umpire Cooray. Mushtaq had never been a threat for Indian batsmen, even u shud agree! Waqar did not set the pitch on fire in that world cup, especially on slow subcontinent wickets, he was not going to run thru an indian line up. so, the pakistan team tried but failed miserably. every team has a bad day at office.If it makes you unhappy that they had lost fairly, then u can assume whatever you want.I dont really know about Akram though,because i watched it live when he was hurt batting, while pulling a ball in the SA match. he did not bowl even in nets after that.the physio initially said he has pulled a muscle in his rib. granted Salim Malik, Ejaz and Akram had fixed matches, but even they would not have dared to fix and lose a match in WC against India and they would have been extremely well aware of the 'welcome' from fans and the threat from pakistani bookies.
Waqar was a better performer than 2003. I know Miandad was on his way out and Aqib too BUT Mushtaq was at his peak as a bowler and was a genuine world-class spinner- does not matter whether he was a threat for India or not. But I know that Wasim was never forgiven after that.
Waqar was a better performer than 2003. I know Miandad was on his way out and Aqib too BUT Mushtaq was at his peak as a bowler and was a genuine world-class spinner- does not matter whether he was a threat for India or not. But I know that Wasim was never forgiven after that.
I pointed out about Miandad/Mush/Aquib/ because u had posted this earlier: I have seen all of India's WC victories and make no mistake- 1996 was the biggest one by some margin. Pakistan's team was extremely powerful (Waqar, Saeed, Aamir, Ijaz, Inzi, Malik, Miandad, Latif, Mushtaq, Aaqib) and defending champs. If u r insinuating that india won the 1996 WC match only because some pak players had received money/fixed,then u r wrong. Pak team was not all that great.thats what i was pointing out.u can check the entire performance of Pak WC 1996 and specially against SA and India to understand better yourself.

I genuinely believe that looking at 1992, 1996, 1999 and 2003- the 1996 victory was the biggest- was knock-out AND the Pakistan team was really strong so taking this into account, I believe this was the best of India's victories. Over the years, the wounds have healed slightly. But India played really well and in the crucial moments kept their heads when bowling. I know, we were easily beaten by SA

This game was my first ever Cricket game on TV.... I used to hate cricket before this... After this match and till this day' date=' i never missed a single Indian cricket match... i still remember,since it was my first ever cricket match, i didnt know the rules of game that well but i was glued to the TV during the whole match.. had i seen some other Cricket match as my first, i would never be into Cricket... seriously coz of this particular match, i dont know [b']how much time i have wasted of my life following our Indian Cricket...
:nono: thats not on rahul... :nono: