Dhoni snubs domestic cricket

Lord

I think this is absolutely great. Dhoni is above playing domestic cricket because the guy needs regular breaks because of the volume of cricket he's asked to play in 20/20, Test and ODIs. Anyone who doesn't understand that needs to get a life. Dhoni can take a break anytime he wants and he deserves it. Unlike some of the pie chuckers in our team who are living off the glory of a couple of decent bowling spells years ago and spend their time dancing on bollywood shows.

I think this is absolutely great. Dhoni is above playing domestic cricket because the guy needs regular breaks because of the volume of cricket he's asked to play in 20/20, Test and ODIs. Anyone who doesn't understand that needs to get a life. Dhoni can take a break anytime he wants and he deserves it. Unlike some of the pie chuckers in our team who are living off the glory of a couple of decent bowling spells years ago and spend their time dancing on bollywood shows.
Touche.....
wait a minute. I am on vacation and I may have switched off my phone. I just want to relax and I don't want anyone to disturb me. so what have I done wrong?
He should know that there are matches being played and he is in contention for a spot in the team You can't just ignore that If India had a match he wouldn't go on holiday and switch his fone off

Should Dhoni be playing these matches - Hello NO! Should an Indian captain be totally excommunicano from all official points of contact? Probably not. Who knows, one of the bowlers in our team may have tested positive for a banned substance and the captain needs to be informed about that. At the least, Dhoni should have directed all his calls to his personal assistant, who will then relay it to him.

When you say domestic cricket that clearly does not mean IPL. As lets not forget he took a nice break from tough tour of SL playing for India but manged to still play domestically for IPL. Further these pie chuckers may like a dance on shows have always played with pride for their country and give 100%. They at least turn up to play

All of you are like Chicken Little, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Man, since when did we learn to judge our players by hearing only one side of the story. These are the selectors who would sell stories to the media for money. Lets forget that and lets trust them anyways. Those who are still complaining about Dhoni not going to the SL Test tour need some common sense. The man has to squat up and down at 300 times a day during ODIs and at least 540 times a day for Tests. His workload is significantly higher than everyone else's. He also has to take the responsibility for being the captain, which he's done exceedingly well at. He has to bat well too and contribute in every single game - otherwise, we'll have loads of guys complaining about how he shouldn't be the captain because he's not able to contribute. Give the man a break. Since the SL test tour, he won the man of the series award in the ODI series there [for scoring 2 match winning innings in 3 games that we won]. Result: 3-2 India wins. In the 2 games he captained against Australia, he promoted himself to score a 68* in the 2nd innings [following a 92 in the first innings] and gave India its biggest win in terms of runs; in the 2nd game, scored a crucial 2nd innings 50 in a 100 run partnership with Harbhajan - this when he was also taking flak here and from the commentators for employing a hugely successful 8-1 field against the Australians. Result 2-0 against Australia. England was demolished 5-0 at home. Nope, lets ignore that because it was Yuvraj Singh who played so well and won the matches for India. What did Dhoni do? Just captained the team well. Who cares about that when we've so many times in the past let go of our intensity once we won the series? Won against England 1-0. Who cares that it was the 4th game that we won under Dhoni's captaincy in just as many matches. It was England who lost and Sachin who won. No credit to Dhoni. Lets criticize him instead for going for records and not playing to win the 2nd Test match. That he led the team through a potentially difficult period because of the Nov. 26th attacks well doesn't even deserve a mention. Lets hate him because he seems to be successful at what he does. Now, without even hearing what the other man has to say, he's a pathetic ignorant egotistical person who snubbed the greatest of all games - the Duleep Trophy in the hugely competitive Indian domestics. Lets compare him to Sachin who played despite a fever in the final - and scored 4 runs in both innings combined - he contributed to Mumbai in so many ways this match. That he scored the 122 in the semifinal and brought Mumbai isn't what I'm saying by the way. I'm just saying that with Sachin, its different than Dhoni. As someone else, rightly pointed out in the thread - comparing Sachin to Dhoni is one of the most idiotic things an Indian cricket fan can do.

I don't think there's any question that MSD is overworked. But this issue wouldn't have happened, if he simply had returned the phone call and said he'd be unavailable. Not returning calls makes him look like a prima donna. It's not that big a deal, but still MSD could have avoided controversy.

I don't think there's any question that MSD is overworked. But this issue wouldn't have happened, if he simply had returned the phone call and said he'd be unavailable. Not returning calls makes him look like a prima donna. It's not that big a deal, but still MSD could have avoided controversy.
So you're ok with your employers calling you on your holidays? Damn, you need to get a life.
So you're ok with your employers calling you on your holidays? Damn' date=' you need to get a life.[/quote'] Thanks Fontaine, for judging the quality my life. I wish I had the "job" of the high profile captain of the Indian team. Getting back to your point, I'd be pretty mad if my employer calls me on vacation, but NOT if I simply take off without letting the employer know. The guy is a professional cricketer; if he'd told the BCCI that he'd be unavailable for Duleep Trophy, the whole thing wouldn't have cropped up. Otherwise the Board has every right to call & ask for his availability. All the guy had to do was answer the call & say "no don't bother me the next few weeks or whatever"...
Thanks Fontaine, for judging the quality my life. I wish I had the "job" of the high profile captain of the Indian team. Getting back to your point, I'd be pretty mad if my employer calls me on vacation, but NOT if I simply take off without letting the employer know. The guy is a professional cricketer; if he'd told the BCCI that he'd be unavailable for Duleep Trophy, the whole thing wouldn't have cropped up. Otherwise the Board has every right to call & ask for his availability. All the guy had to do was answer the call & say "no don't bother me the next few weeks or whatever"...
I'm just judging you by the standards your using to judge Dhoni. Right, so now Dhoni has to inform the selectors and local teams ahead of time if he's going to be available or not if he has a few days off? Yeah, seriously man, no one lives their lives like that, being at the beck and call of the selectors 24/7. Somebody tell that to the ECB as well. Apparently they had the DECENCY to schedule an agreed and suitable time to have a conference call with Peterson when he was in South Africa recently. The ECB should have just released a statement to the English press after they couldn't get a hold of him initially and said "KP GONE AWOL!" Apparently they don't realize the captain of the team has to be like a pet dog with a leash on him at all times.

Strong words man. Dhoni very well knows that the Duleep Trophy is coming up and all he had to do was inform the board that he wouldn't be available for the Duleep Trophy. For a cricketer Duleep Trophy is work. He just had to say, I'm taking vacation and won't be able to make it to this event, before going on vacation. You apparently think the board should be clairvoyant and divine Dhoni's thoughts. I fail to see how this miracle can happen unless Dhoni tells them. And who said he had to be at the beck & call of the selectors 24/7? As MM pointed out earlier, all he had to do was to arrange for his assistant/manager/agent field calls, brief them if they call about Duleep Trophy, tell them I'm not available. And the ECB situation is apples to oranges. ECB were basically firing him. I'm sure the BCCI would have done a similar deal if they were firing Dhoni.

Strong words man. Dhoni very well knows that the Duleep Trophy is coming up and all he had to do was inform the board that he wouldn't be available for the Duleep Trophy. For a cricketer Duleep Trophy is work. He just had to say, I'm taking vacation and won't be able to make it to this event, before going on vacation. You apparently think the board should be clairvoyant and divine Dhoni's thoughts. I fail to see how this miracle can happen unless Dhoni tells them. And who said he had to be at the beck & call of the selectors 24/7? As MM pointed out earlier, all he had to do was to arrange for his assistant/manager/agent field calls, brief them if they call about Duleep Trophy, tell them I'm not available. And the ECB situation is apples to oranges. ECB were basically firing him. I'm sure the BCCI would have done a similar deal if they were firing Dhoni.
Apparently you think Dhoni shouldn't just be availalbe for Tests, ODIs, 20/20s but also for the mighty Duleep Trophy. How many other Indian players do you think informed the board that they wouldn't be available for the Duleep trophy? This is only news because it's about the Indian Captain. Like I said some people have absolutely no lives and have to tell others like Dhoni how to live theirs. The man has accomplished more as the Indian Captain in a few short months than most captains do in all their careers. Nah, you've got it wrong. Dhoni should be telling these people how to live their lives instead of the other way around.